Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

Info on Miss Vegas

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Info on Miss Vegas

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2008, 08:53 AM
Switch_639

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Info on Miss Vegas

I have now decided on getting her... hopefully some shop in SA has her in stock or else I will rather keep my money than waste it on the Proboat Formula... does anyone know what speed it gets from the box, stock? have seen a clip of it stock and it looks much faster all ready than the Proboat stock... and where can I look for electric starter for it? it currently has pull hey?
Old 12-21-2008, 09:00 AM
Traxxas4fun
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: Info on Miss Vegas

yeh i also want to know how wide her turning radius is.. like how wide is it when she turns
Old 12-21-2008, 09:05 AM
kyle_yokomo

The Vegas isnt any faster than the New Proboat Formula. 35mph out of the box is what to expect from the Vegas and Proboat.

Look on Ebay there are a lot of Miss Vegas boats for cheap. NEW and USED.
Old 12-21-2008, 09:09 AM
Switch_639

new formula? when did they bring that out? I have a friend that has both which persuaded me to go for Miss Vegas, cause he says that the Proboat is slow and handling is crap...
Old 12-21-2008, 09:15 AM
Traxxas4fun

how wide does she turn... im debating if my pond is bigg enough
Old 12-21-2008, 09:16 AM
kyle_yokomo

If your set on a vegas,Id start looking for a different motor, before I would put a roto-start on it, because the Aquacraft motor it comes with is junk in my opinion. Hard to tune, very sensitive to humidity and temperture changes. Theres a reason why just about every Vegas you see has a different motor than stock, because there cheap and dont work well, Also the motor mount system they use is as about 80s as you can get. Good luck

The proboat .18 isnt that much better, but I found it alot easier to tune, and is just as fast .
Old 12-21-2008, 09:23 AM
kyle_yokomo

Switch_639 I think you cant go wrong with Vegas or Proboat, for the price you cant beat them.
Old 12-21-2008, 09:50 AM
Switch_639

yeah they are similar in price... the Aqua has an OS engine... they make brilliant car engines so I cant see how this one is hard to tune... this is what OS thrives on, it holds a tune very well...
Old 12-21-2008, 10:03 AM
Traxxas4fun

so how wide do you think turning is on them?
Old 12-21-2008, 10:08 AM
Switch_639

I don't have a clue man, I am still trying to find out what is its real speed from the box... every person tells me a different speed... I am lost at this point... maybe anyone have a clip with a GPS on? but it must be stock from box please...
Old 12-21-2008, 10:09 AM
Traxxas4fun

ive heard 35s.. this would be my 1st nitro tuning boat so i dont know if i should get it..
Old 12-21-2008, 10:10 AM
Switch_639

have you had any cars yet?
Old 12-21-2008, 11:25 AM
avenge

I have run the Vegas from day one when it first came out, and also have the ver.2. The speed she gets out out of the box is about 35mph out of the box. Now saying this u have to keep in mind the water conditions, engine tuning, and nitro %. If you are not planning to upgrade the motor yet in my opinion replacing the plastic prop with a metal one is the biggest upgrade u can do. Look at the Vegas thread that this site has to offer, many tips and tricks.
Old 12-21-2008, 11:35 AM
Switch_639

does it matter what altitude you are at? how does the nitro content increase with respect coastal or in land? I know my cars uses 20% coastal and performs just as well as 33% in land... is this same with boats? except the range is from 30-65%...
Old 12-21-2008, 03:12 PM
avenge

The nitro motor that ur monster truck has is similar to that of boat nitro motors. The difference is the head on the monstor trucks are air cooled, while the boat motors are water. Be sure to use the proper fuel for the boat motor as they need more oil content than the monster trucks. Like I said read the Vegas thread, lots and lots of info. International Waters also has an RTR section with lots of info also. I would try and stay with those 2 as the other forum !!!!!!!!!! that I have not mentioned is very biased.
Old 12-21-2008, 08:30 PM
beaverboy

ORIGINAL: kyle_yokomo

If your set on a vegas,Id start looking for a different motor, before I would put a roto-start on it, because the Aquacraft motor it comes with is junk in my opinion. Hard to tune, very sensitive to humidity and temperture changes. Theres a reason why just about every Vegas you see has a different motor than stock, because there cheap and dont work well, Also the motor mount system they use is as about 80s as you can get. Good luck

The proboat .18 isnt that much better, but I found it alot easier to tune, and is just as fast .
You should come run your stock Miss Vegas with us here in the Tacoma area! Most use 40-65% nitro in the stock Aqua 18. They run fast and last quite a while as long as you break them in correctly, don't run lean and don't rev them until they're in the water. I just rebuilt the aqua 18 in my 2 year old MV. It only requires a seasonal mixture adjustment - yes, we run on new years day - if you keep the carb and fuel system clean. This little unmodified $85 engine has pushed my MV to 44mph on radar with the addition of a pipe. The crank design could be better (stronger).
Old 12-21-2008, 10:53 PM
Switch_639

are you then using a steel prop also? what pipe are you referring to?
Old 12-22-2008, 12:36 AM
beaverboy

Pipe - Cooper Quiet Pipe set at 8 3/8", Prop - Octura M535 & M440 sharpened and balanced, Grim Turn Fin, 1/8" brass tubing wrapped around the exhaust header to cool it. That's about all I've done to make it faster. Replaced the Aqua collet with one from Octura.

OOps! I forgot that it has the JD front sponson mod that adds about 2 mph.
Old 12-23-2008, 08:49 AM
f16man

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey traxxas the vegas will turn very sharp with the grim fin.... say maybe 20 feet to 40 feet depending on speed and water conditions, remeber that wider gentle turn will not loose as much speed as a tight one. All my sons buddies have v hulls and when they drive the vegas the first time they just say wow this thing handels.
Old 12-24-2008, 09:58 AM
mike walker

I agree with f16, Ive got two mv and I dissagree that the motors are junk they may not be the fastest but they are just good little engines I got one I have ported and I am abuseing the hell out of it and it runs great
Old 12-24-2008, 10:10 AM
Switch_639

I want the Miss Vegas... just hope I can get it here in SA... have seen too many threads disliking the Formula and too many liking the MVegas... so she got to be good...
Old 12-24-2008, 10:16 AM
mike walker

Ive been fling planes for 20 years and got into this damn boat thing,I love my mvs they are a ball I hope you get one soon good luck
Old 12-24-2008, 10:43 AM
Switch_639

need to work 2more weeks then I will have enough... boats aren't stupid... I have cars, plains and now want a boat... you need to increase the horizons...