Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

Central NEW YORK boaters

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Central NEW YORK boaters

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2011, 01:06 PM
Blackout

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Central NEW YORK boaters

Neil, what steering servo are you running in your Easy-Vee?
Old 01-22-2011, 01:49 PM
advanced builder

I plan on a swap / spare for the Zip .21. I was lucky last year. The sponsons will be a step sponsons. I seen a neat epoxy store.A great how to section.
http://www.jgreer.com/
Old 01-22-2011, 05:26 PM
advanced builder

hytec HS 5645 MG on the rudder Futaba 3003 on the throttle
Old 01-23-2011, 11:55 AM
Blackout

ORIGINAL: advanced builder

hytec HS 5645 MG on the rudder Futaba 3003 on the throttle
Do you notice an advantage to running a digital servo on the rudder?

I'm trying to decide between an analog and a digital. There are 1/4 scale analog servos that would be strong enough. I supposely need atleast 200 oz./in of torque.
Old 01-23-2011, 03:42 PM
advanced builder

Yes I did notice the 2 servos. Digital is the way to go. Analog is old school. You have more control on the digital servo. Yes, they are not cheap. Analog is OK for the throttle. Servocity is a good place to order.
Old 01-25-2011, 08:40 AM
advanced builder

Andy called and said about a week ,on the NIB cat. I need a new carrier. My old one is 1" too small. I may modify my old carrier. I better finish up that .21 zip rigger. My spare hull.
Old 01-25-2011, 08:49 AM
Blackout

Andy called and said about a week ,on the NIB cat. I need a new carrier. My old one is 1'' too small. I may modify my old carrier. I better finish up that .21 zip rigger. My spare hull.
Great news! You better get moving, the ice will be melting soon. Let's hope...

I need to get some bouys. Anyone have any suggestions?

Old 01-26-2011, 04:26 PM
Blackout

Shawn at Vision Craft Boats just finished my 20 tunnel. Here is a picture from his shop in Florida.

Old 01-26-2011, 05:32 PM
advanced builder

I will need to talk to Pete. He gets the 1' round balls, Styrofoam, cut'em in 1/2. you get 2 for 1. inside the foam 1/2" wood dowel all the way threw, string onto a heavy nail into a 1" plastic pipe /cut below waterline. He can get,em at club price same with glowplugs /fuel. up to 50% nitro. You can do the pipe layout on the ice. I have a Ice auger if you need one. I'm not planing on using it' my ice rods are still in my basket. We used to go ice fishing at Fair Haven State Park. i must admit to hitting a few bouies . I hit a lot of em. Have you talked with Bob? he knows how they go together. He hit a few t.oo. Zippkitt Riggers or any rigger hates them things in the middle of the pond. Yup the inside sponson. I cliped one with my .21 Zip the hull ran straight ahead 50' into the back bank. On one sponson . funniest thing we seen all day.
Old 01-26-2011, 06:26 PM
Blackout

I will need to talk to Pete. He gets the 1' round balls, Styrofoam, cut'em in 1/2. you get 2 for 1. inside the foam 1/2'' wood dowel all the way threw, string onto a heavy nail into a 1'' plastic pipe /cut below waterline. He can get,em at club price same with glowplugs /fuel. up to 50% nitro. You can do the pipe layout on the ice. I have a Ice auger if you need one. I'm not planing on using it' my ice rods are still in my basket. We used to go ice fishing at Fair Haven State Park. i must admit to hitting a few bouies . I hit a lot of em. Have you talked with Bob? he knows how they go together. He hit a few t.oo. Zippkitt Riggers or any rigger hates them things in the middle of the pond. Yup the inside sponson. I cliped one with my .21 Zip the hull ran straight ahead 50' into the back bank. On one sponson . funniest thing we seen all day.
Good info, I remember a source for bouys that you describe on IW's. I'll try a search over there.

I don't think I will drill through the ice. I get nervous about walking on ice and I may have a current going under the ice... I should be able to get it close with the GPS and rowboat once the ice melts.

Old 01-27-2011, 07:35 AM
advanced builder

You safe on the Ice, gotta be 10"+ a team of horses need 6 "OLD school . If you run her in Elmira ,your running in a Very hard to win class. You got a great hull to be in the hunt. Did you notice Outlaw mods ,down in Olean He got some good lower ends. let me see if I got a pic
Old 01-27-2011, 10:00 AM
Blackout

Neil, You watching the Orlando Winter Nats on Metime? Pete Forcier is down there. John Otto just won heat 31 in D tunnel with a Vision Craft. Pete was to run in heat 30, but had a DNS for some reason....
Old 01-28-2011, 07:53 AM
advanced builder

I'm on it. I think Pete lives down there in the winter.
Old 01-28-2011, 09:52 AM
Blackout

I'm on it. I think Pete lives down there in the winter.
Smart guy!
Old 01-28-2011, 11:54 AM
advanced builder

We can do away with Jan&Feb .I see some major damage to my roof gutters. Not just me the whole area. It go above freezing ,hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
We run tomorrow ,RC trucks . a special run. I damaged some parts on my Slash. and blew my tranny in my Granddaughter Rustler. I have been running her's My Associated t4.1 is down with a bad servo linkage. This clay track racing is hard on some parts. Smoked a speed controller, also. But I'm having a ball. The driving skills are really starting to shine. I'm in the hunt. I ran against a young man 10-11ish last week he smoked me. We finished in the same lap last night. He had a 1/2 lap on me & it stayed that way. I had a bad tire on & when I went to pick up my truck , the tire fell off. I was happy with 54 laps
Old 01-28-2011, 04:57 PM
Blackout

Neil, are you going to keep racing trucks in the summer or just boats? Sounds like you are having a blast.

I picked up some digital servos from the LHS today. I'm going to try them on the .21 tunnel and .90 mono to see how I like them.
Old 01-29-2011, 05:15 AM
advanced builder

YUP . duel hobbies .anything to get past this next few months. Running in a pack will help me down the river/ road. I have been using the Traxxas 2056 waterproof servo on my boat throttle. There not digital.
Old 01-29-2011, 05:03 PM
advanced builder

We had a big "duel in the dungeon" race today. I ran bad. I met a few of guys from Rochester. One guy runs RC tractor pulling. I just watched some on U tube. Man what a Hobby. They have a spot/club in Central Square. I didn't make the main heats. This one older gentleman ran 2 EDM / truck. Blew everyone away in both events.. It was a long day for me. Still going on
Old 01-31-2011, 04:53 PM
Blackout

I found a source for course bouys. They are 7.5" foam balls with drilled centers to attach ropes. Check out the pdf file below. They are the "Trap Floats". They are white so we will need to paint them bright orange and green. They are cheap too, but I hear the shipping can add up since they are bulky. These were highly recommended by some of the guys on IW's.

https://secure.atagulf.com/catalog/english/22.pdf
Old 01-31-2011, 07:04 PM
nitroholic

Advanced builder,how far is it from Binghamton NY,,johnson city,endicott and Endwell area,cause i still have my Miss Vegas Duce and it's still bran new as well as me,i'v never ran a boat,i could somehow get there,cause i would need pointers,i mean just the thought when i look at it makes me nervouse,i'm a virgin as far as boating.Just like 20 some yrs ago with a women.Please let me know.Thanks......Joe.
Old 02-01-2011, 04:01 AM
Blackout

ORIGINAL: nitroholic

Advanced builder,how far is it from Binghamton NY,,johnson city,endicott and Endwell area,cause i still have my Miss Vegas Duce and it's still bran new as well as me,i'v never ran a boat,i could somehow get there,cause i would need pointers,i mean just the thought when i look at it makes me nervouse,i'm a virgin as far as boating.Just like 20 some yrs ago with a women.Please let me know.Thanks......Joe.
You are only 1 hour, 9 minutes from Elmira, NY; 56 miles. Come to their spring test and tune and they will show you the ropes.
Old 02-01-2011, 06:54 AM
advanced builder

That 20 tunnel looks mean. Craig. nitroholic ,we get guys coming in from Buffalo as well as NYC area. Good luck on your recovery. Been down that road myself. 20 years no drinking. Been so long I don't miss it. anymore.
Old 02-05-2011, 06:58 AM
advanced builder

We got a delivery confirmation from AC boats ,New cat in town. Wednesday is the day. This clay truck racing is hard on the parts. blew out a tranny and a shock .parts parts and more parts . I'll be glad when it's Spring. After last weeks race I see more practice is needed. I got a ways to go on my driving skills.
Old 02-05-2011, 07:09 AM
advanced builder

ORIGINAL: nitroholic

We all started out as a newbi. Last year was my First. .I played around the local water ways for years . Not organized This Year Blackouts first year. So get your IMPBA card and come on down. All are welcome. We are always looking for new members. I have 2-3 old hulls that I won't run anymore. Yours if you need one. Guy's are always upgrading there hulls.
Old 02-05-2011, 04:16 PM
Blackout

Cleaning my hobby room so that I have room to work on two more boats, 20 tunnel and 90 mono. Both should be arriving this week.

It's going to be a fun year for me as I have always wanted to get into racing boats. The Elmira schedule is on my calender, so I should be good to go. There is only one event that I will not be able to make, it's the second weekend of July. That is the same weekend of the Genesee Air Show. We camp overnite there with my parents. My father is a pilot and loves planes, so this is a good way for me to spend time with him.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.