Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

Central NEW YORK boaters

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Central NEW YORK boaters

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2012, 12:33 PM
Billk44

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Central NEW YORK boaters

ORIGINAL: engineman351

Well, the rigger bug bit me again as I snagged a 21JAE off IW... It's all built with most of the hardware. I'll need a rudder and stuffing tube. So, I think Craig, Neil & Tom D. has one (did I miss anyone else?)...so if we all show up at Elmira that could be a class, no? Roger
Roger,
There is already a class for these -20 Hydro.
Old 07-13-2012, 12:47 PM
Blackout

Well, the rigger bug bit me again as I snagged a 21JAE off IW... It's all built with most of the hardware. I'll need a rudder and stuffing tube. So, I think Craig, Neil & Tom D. has one (did I miss anyone else?)...so if we all show up at Elmira that could be a class, no? Roger
Nice!! Get her done for the August race! Take a break from the rc cars.

Old 07-15-2012, 06:03 AM
advanced builder

I wonder how many hulls you have!!!! Roger
Ive been tying to catch up . I did win a new hull from Aeromarine. I decided on a Scorpion .21 So look out seducers. A 1/2 hour before I won a hull I picked up a gas Whiplash. Next season on them. I do my building in the winter. Unless I damage a hull. I thought my driving was getting better until I hit Dicks C box. I was getting too wild ,So I better drive safe,first. My gas Vee is ready to test, I changed motors. The M&D engine is down for repair's Water did damage to the piston on the carb side. I did get to look inside the M&D ,I can do what Matt did. The bottom end has no mods. except for his bearings. My mod engine is in the Vee .The .21 rigger is a fun class.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo39694.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	138.0 KB
ID:	1782034  
Old 07-15-2012, 09:02 AM
Blackout

Neil, the sport hydro looks nice!

Tom and Cindy just left. There .21 JAE ran fast. I got my needle back on my JAE .21 and it's speed is back. No more pacing tunnels at Elmira, unless I lose the needle again. No 3rd channel yet. It was way rich, so I think something happened in the crash at the D1 race.
Old 07-15-2012, 02:26 PM
gassertom

Good day at the pond, despite the rain - thanks Craig for putting up your tarp - kept us dry during the intermitten rain. Craig's 21 got going real good after a few trys, leaning it out each time.
Think we figured out the over heating problem with the mono - need more speed, hoping that some new props will do the trick. (Looking forward to racing with Neal next year in 20 Mono class.) Pleased with the performance of the JAE 21, changed the pipe length from London, seemed to do the trick. The JAE 12 is another story - will keep plugging along hoping to get the new motor broke in.

Craig - didn't have any vids from London of the B Hydros - too bad, cause they were pretty impressive. Attached is the only half way decent vid that Cindy took - Bob's Gas Mono - check out the move at the end to take over 3rd spot.
[youtube] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrPQD...&feature=g-upl[/youtube]
Tom & Cindy
Old 07-16-2012, 05:48 AM
engineman351

Neil, The last time I counted all the electric, sail, gas, and nitro hulls...it was over 40. About half of those are in runnable condition. The rest are projects I will probably never finish. I am sure I could build up my PayPal available funds account if I got busy cleaning out the ones I'll never use. Roger
Old 07-16-2012, 05:55 AM
engineman351

Over the weekend I ran my first gas boat...a Warehouse Hobbies Team Enforcer with a pro-mod Homie. It's not real fast...maybe 40-42mph but it still is one of my favorite sport boats as it can take foot high chop and it looks more scale than our racing hulls. Yep...even runs a clutch and water pump!! Roger
Old 07-16-2012, 05:59 AM
Billk44

ORIGINAL: advanced builder

Ive been tying to catch up . I did win a new hull from Aeromarine. I decided on a Scorpion .21 So look out seducers. A 1/2 hour before I won a hull I picked up a gas Whiplash. Next season on them. I do my building in the winter. Unless I damage a hull. I thought my driving was getting better until I hit Dicks C box. I was getting too wild ,So I better drive safe,first. My gas Vee is ready to test, I changed motors. The M&D engine is down for repair's Water did damage to the piston on the carb side. I did get to look inside the M&D ,I can do what Matt did. The bottom end has no mods. except for his bearings. My mod engine is in the Vee .The .21 rigger is a fun class.
Neil,
As that one of Dale Brobst's whips? He build nice hulls.
Bill
Old 07-16-2012, 06:12 AM
Blackout

Over the weekend I ran my first gas boat...a Warehouse Hobbies Team Enforcer with a pro-mod Homie. It's not real fast...maybe 40-42mph but it still is one of my favorite sport boats as it can take foot high chop and it looks more scale than our racing hulls. Yep...even runs a clutch and water pump!! Roger
Roger, how is the JAE 21 going? Next year, with the wider pond, it's going to be a blast racing these.... Really no concerns with bumping each other as they fix real easy and cheap. I have done it too many times.
Old 07-16-2012, 02:43 PM
advanced builder

Bill ,She is light. I got it from the Celina,Oh CD.
Roger, I'll never get that close.
Craig, any running this week after work, weekend. I totally redone my .67 cat. All new servos. New fuel tanks. Hopefully all ready to race. The engine was done over the winter. The gas Vee has last years engine. No running tomorrow going up to 98 degrees. With humidity.
Old 07-16-2012, 04:13 PM
Blackout

Bill ,She is light. I got it from the Celina,Oh CD.
Roger, I'll never get that close.
Craig, any running this week after work, weekend. I totally redone my .67 cat. All new servos. New fuel tanks. Hopefully all ready to race. The engine was done over the winter. The gas Vee has last years engine. No running tomorrow going up to 98 degrees. With humidity.
Not for me, we're taking the motorhome to Cedar Point for a few days, but you are welcome to get something going with the others.

Old 07-17-2012, 06:30 AM
engineman351

Craig, The rigger was shipped on Monday, so I don't expect it for a few days. I am not sure I'll be able to assemble it before the Aug event. I am up to my eyeballs in projects. I am going to try making Thursday night...I plan on bringing two Cracker Boxes to shake down. For Elmira's Aug event I think I'll run Thunderboat and Gas Mono. Roger
Old 07-18-2012, 09:30 AM
engineman351

I received the .21 JAE yesterday. Wow...pretty fast dely!! It looks like it is built very well. I'll have to pull the manual down from Zipp to get the correct measurements for finishing the stuffing tube, ski, and installing the eng mount and rudder. Then there is the PAINT!. I hate to paint. Maybe I can con one of my buddies into shooting it. Roger
Old 07-18-2012, 09:43 AM
Blackout

I received the .21 JAE yesterday. Wow...pretty fast dely!! It looks like it is built very well. I'll have to pull the manual down from Zipp to get the correct measurements for finishing the stuffing tube, ski, and installing the eng mount and rudder. Then there is the PAINT!. I hate to paint. Maybe I can con one of my buddies into shooting it. Roger
Or don't paint it...

What motor is going into it?
Old 07-18-2012, 03:36 PM
gassertom

Anyone going to Craig's pond Sunday? Would like to test some changes we made to the boats from last weekend. The earlier the better to avoid the heat.
Tom & Cindy
Old 07-18-2012, 03:44 PM
advanced builder

After work we run ,I'll be their around 5:00 Roger is in I think
I can come earlier if anyone else is free.
Is anyone else ready? I got my new fuel tank from Liggens he post on the IW and here all plastic a Good job. I hope I can finish a heat with the .45 The price was very good for the tank.
Old 07-18-2012, 05:12 PM
Canadian LoCo

here we go Ladies and Gent's

we would like to invite you to our 2ND annual Thunder In the valley summer classic
on Sept.. 1st and 2nd.
hope to see you @ our event.

for more info ckeck out this link
http://s6.zetaboards.com/MODRCc/topic/8827668/1/#new

You can also Register Online @
www.rcracingevents.com/cgi-bin/browseraces.pl

Regards
Luc W.
Old 07-18-2012, 07:27 PM
advanced builder

ORIGINAL: Canadian LoCo

we would like to invite you to our 2ND annual Thunder In the valley summer classic
on Sept.. 1st and 2nd.

Regards
Luc W.
Will be a good race. See you soon.
Neil.
Old 07-18-2012, 07:30 PM
Canadian LoCo

Nice whip Neil you should have fun with that one.
see you at our event I hope all goes well.
Old 07-19-2012, 05:09 AM
engineman351

Craig, It is coated with a very thin smooth coat of epoxy...but I think I want some color on it so I can see it better. It has a standard style mount that bolts thru the sides of the tub instead of on blocks, so I need to drill 'n tap for the engine and then shim to fit the tub. Then I can fit up the stuffing tube and install the ski and rest of the hardware. It will be a couple of weeks to get it done. I plan on using the OS VZ I snagged a few months back. Roger
Old 07-19-2012, 10:19 AM
Blackout

Craig, It is coated with a very thin smooth coat of epoxy...but I think I want some color on it so I can see it better. It has a standard style mount that bolts thru the sides of the tub instead of on blocks, so I need to drill 'n tap for the engine and then shim to fit the tub. Then I can fit up the stuffing tube and install the ski and rest of the hardware. It will be a couple of weeks to get it done. I plan on using the OS VZ I snagged a few months back. Roger
I think I'm going to like the side mounts on my Zippkit 45. With block mounts, oil and fuel can build up at the screw area and there is no way of cleaning it unless you pull the engine. I already learned to pull my tank each day as any trapped water between the tank and tub floor does not do well for the epoxy.
Old 07-19-2012, 11:05 AM
Blackout

on Sept.. 1st and 2nd.

Regards
Luc W.
Luc, Is there a 20 tunnel class? Looks like only 40 tunnel and open tunnel? Did you mean 20 tunnel and open tunnel? I'd rather not race with the FE tunnels.... [X(]

Thanks!
Old 07-19-2012, 11:29 AM
advanced builder

ORIGINAL: Blackout

I think I'm going to like the side mounts on my Zippkit 45. With block mounts, oil and fuel can build up at the screw area and there is no way of cleaning it unless you pull the engine. I already learned to pull my tank each day as any trapped water between the tank and tub floor does not do well for the epoxy.
Call Donna Brown she may have one. in-stock ,the spacers come in various lengths. Undrilled usually in stock.
Old 07-19-2012, 11:30 AM
Canadian LoCo

Hello Craig well the open tunnel would be the 20 class, by putting it on the open side
meens you can run the way you want it stock or not it's your choice just makes it easyer
for all.

Regards
Luc
Old 07-19-2012, 12:27 PM
Blackout

Hello Craig well the open tunnel would be the 20 class, by putting it on the open side
meens you can run the way you want it stock or not it's your choice just makes it easyer
for all.

Regards
Luc
O.K. Sounds good.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.