RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Speed - RC Nitro Boats (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/speed-rc-nitro-boats-117/)
-   -   AMPS hulls & outboards pics & tips {Agnew Model Propulsion Systems} (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/speed-rc-nitro-boats-117/7065963-amps-hulls-outboards-pics-tips-%7Bagnew-model-propulsion-systems%7D.html)

specialk1 03-15-2008 10:31 PM

RE: AMPS hulls & outboards pics& tips

1 Attachment(s)

ORIGINAL: STEVE MARSHALL

Here is a link to the zenoah outboard bottom end.
http://ovalexpressracing.com/hardware.html
:Dthanks Steve for the look out ..love Oval Express :D...I think he was looking for a scale looking gas outdrive ...did they fix the shaft problems on the outboard bottom end?[&:] I have an old one 2006,, still love it;)

gas pump bill 03-16-2008 07:39 AM

1 Attachment(s)
i have a problem with the spedo cable drives that are tilted so far that they dont look like an outboard motor. but i guess it really doesent matter as i couldent aford the beast if i found it. here is one really nice atempt but cant seam to find the builder. bill payne

specialk1 03-16-2008 01:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)

ORIGINAL: gas pump bill

i have a problem with the spedo cable drives that are tilted so far that they dont look like an outboard motor. but i guess it really doesent matter as i couldent aford the beast if i found it. here is one really nice atempt but cant seam to find the builder. bill payne
her you go a pic of a F1 AMPS gas TUNNEL HULL...........,,,,try this outdrive... email for info ..they go for $1200+... Eddy de [email protected] or Rob [email protected]

gas pump bill 03-17-2008 05:14 PM

RE: AMPS hulls & outboards pics & tips international hobbies

1 Attachment(s)
here is a dummy outboard motor that i just got . now all we nead to do is build a drive train install a big motor. and and and . dream on

specialk1 03-22-2008 04:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)

here is a dummy outboard motor that i just got . now all we nead to do is build a drive train install a big motor. and and and . dream on
[&:]that prop is BIG:D

gas pump bill 03-22-2008 05:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
has any one found out how to get the cowling rem project off the ground yet? just got a new boat that looks like the baja. its the prinzess by robbi. i have had the robbi motor for over 20 years. now i got the package. the boat is not built yet it was new in the box. i included a picture of a boat thats not mine just so you could see one finished with a robbi motor on it. the orange one is mine. i know its not an AMPS. but its still neat . please forgive me. bill payne

specialk1 03-23-2008 02:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)

has any one found out how to get the cowling rem project off the ground yet? just got a new boat that looks like the baja. its the prinzess by robbi. i have had the robbi motor for over 20 years. now i got the package. the boat is not built yet it was new in the box. i included a picture of a boat thats not mine just so you could see one finished with a robbi motor on it. the orange one is mine. i know its not an AMPS. but its still neat . please forgive me. bill payne
:)cool looking boat :Dshow a pic of your robbi motor [:-]sorry still havent started the cowling proget yet .im working on a 100 inch cat with twin turbines right now ,that gong to take most of my free time for now..:eek:..another amps boat to look at....

gas pump bill 03-23-2008 04:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
the prinzess and the baja apear to be scale versions of the GLASTRON GT 150 nobody is building a sport outboard boat . all of the posabilities are for raceing boats. i like electric boats but i dont race. look at all of the interest in all the old glastron boats. on the web. here is the robbe motor and a fiew other their all electric except for the big dummy and the AMPS motor.

specialk1 03-25-2008 05:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)

the prinzess and the baja apear to be scale versions of the GLASTRON GT 150 nobody is building a sport outboard boat . all of the posabilities are for raceing boats. i like electric boats but i dont race. look at all of the interest in all the old glastron boats. on the web. here is the robbe motor and a fiew other their all electric except for the big dummy and the AMPS motor.
what kind is the Toyota one? nitro? here is another amps gas outboard...for you to look at..[8D]

gas pump bill 03-25-2008 05:26 PM

WOW THATS THE SECOND ENGINE YOUVE SHOWN THIS WEEK WITH AN AMPS/ ZENOAH COMBO. THE FUTURE IS LOOKING FOR OUTBOARDS, BUT GIVEN THE PRICE OF GASOLINE MABY WE NEAD TO BE DEVELOPEING AN ENGINE THAT RUNS ON JACK DANIELS. WHERE CAN WE GET SOME TECKS ON THESE ENGINES?

specialk1 03-25-2008 08:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)

WOW THATS THE SECOND ENGINE YOUVE SHOWN THIS WEEK WITH AN AMPS/ ZENOAH COMBO. THE FUTURE IS LOOKING FOR OUTBOARDS, BUT GIVEN THE PRICE OF GASOLINE MABY WE NEAD TO BE DEVELOPEING AN ENGINE THAT RUNS ON :)JACK DANIELS. WHERE CAN WE GET SOME TECKS ON THESE ENGINES?
hahaha JACK DANIELS[:o] no MOONSHINE is the way to go :)the sad thing is that the owner of that amps motor will never run it :( just sit on a shelf[:o] you should still look at this one for sale { the first pic}[&:] looks close to an amps lower end {2 pic}

gas pump bill 03-25-2008 09:00 PM

is there a web sight for the mfg of that foot.? it looks pretty nice.

specialk1 03-25-2008 10:13 PM

is there a web sight for the mfg of that foot.? it looks pretty nice.
post the link here:D

4square 03-27-2008 05:59 AM

RE: AMPS hulls & outboards pics & tips {Agnew Model Propulsion Systems}

Does anyone have the build sheet / or knowledge for the AMPS Seebold hull? (the enclosed canopy type) I've had this hull since the 80's and would like to get her in the water. However, It appears that the back under side of the transom would have to be ground or cut back in order for the motor to be mounted. Is this right? HELP!

specialk1 03-27-2008 09:03 PM

RE: AMPS hulls & outboards pics & tips {Agnew Model Propulsion Systems}

ORIGINAL: 4square

Does anyone have the build sheet / or knowledge for the AMPS Seebold hull? (the enclosed canopy type) I've had this hull since the 80's and would like to get her in the water. However, It appears that the back under side of the transom would have to be ground or cut back in order for the motor to be mounted. Is this right? HELP!
can you post some pic's of it so we can see it .so we can help ..which amps outboard do you have?

specialk1 03-28-2008 11:21 AM

:Dsome pics to day runing some of my boats had to take some shots [8D]http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/f...6/IMG_1791.jpghttp://i238.photobucket.com/albums/f...6/IMG_1813.jpghttp://i238.photobucket.com/albums/f...6/IMG_1792.jpghttp://i238.photobucket.com/albums/f...6/IMG_1800.jpghttp://i238.photobucket.com/albums/f...6/IMG_1811.jpg

4square 03-29-2008 12:57 PM

Ok, here's the pictures, It just looks like the motor needs to be attached with a spacer or the bottom of the boat needs to be trimmed, I purchased this boat from someone that mounted a K&B to it with an adjustable mounting plate. There is a hole in the transom where at one time a previous owner mounted or tried to mount the adj. trim bracket. Any suggestions guys?
/Users/williamladue/Desktop/Seebold transome.jpg
/Users/williamladue/Desktop/Seebold full.jpg

4square 03-29-2008 01:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Ok, here's the pictures, It just looks like the motor needs to be attached with a spacer or the bottom of the boat needs to be trimmed, I purchased this boat from someone that mounted a K&B to it with an adjustable mounting plate. There is a hole in the transom where at one time a previous owner mounted or tried to mount the adj. trim bracket. Any suggestions guys?

specialk1 03-29-2008 05:56 PM

I must not be uploading these pics correctly??javascript:void(AddText('[\&o]',''))
what size is your outboard..40 or 60?? and the length of the hull .. your hull i think is for the gas amps not the nitro outboard...the foot on the gas

specialk1 03-29-2008 06:06 PM

I must not be uploading these pics correctly??javascript:void(AddText('[\&o]',''))
sorry did not finish what i was saying the foot on the gas amps is longer..i could not put my os 65 on that same hull[:o]

specialk1 03-29-2008 06:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)

ORIGINAL: rcollector

[&:]rcollector can you help 4square with his amps problem i think you mite know some more on this..thanks:D

rcollector 03-30-2008 12:45 AM

Yes, you just need to cut a half circle shaped notch in the boat just enough to clear the engine. You will also need to find an AMPS trim unit for your engine, or devise a way to adjust it manually.

That is a later model boat, probably one of the last they made. I have not seen a lot of them. The ones I have seen all had plain cable drive K&B's on them.

It is funny how there is so few people around with much information on these boats and motors now. I know quite a bit about International Hobbies boats and AMPS outboards and outdrives mostly because I have collected quite a few along with many spare parts for them. 5-7 years ago the people I got a lot of my engines and parts from seemed to know enerything about these but I guess they have lost interest in this hobby. They are not here to answer questions and I have had no luck contacting any of them. Those guys are out there somewhere , I just don't know where. They are probably just busy with other things these days.

specialk1 03-30-2008 09:00 AM

1 Attachment(s)

ORIGINAL: rcollector

Yes, you just need to cut a half circle shaped notch in the boat just enough to clear the engine. You will also need to find an AMPS trim unit for your engine, or devise a way to adjust it manually.

That is a later model boat, probably one of the last they made. I have not seen a lot of them. The ones I have seen all had plain cable drive K&B's on them.

It is funny how there is so few people around with much information on these boats and motors now. I know quite a bit about International Hobbies boats and AMPS outboards and outdrives mostly because I have collected quite a few along with many spare parts for them. 5-7 years ago the people I got a lot of my engines and parts from seemed to know enerything about these but I guess they have lost interest in this hobby. They are not here to answer questions and I have had no luck contacting any of them. Those guys are out there somewhere , I just don't know where. They are probably just busy with other things these days.
[8D] thanks hope that helps him ..but you are right ,that why i started this thread to pass on info to each other :D you still have a great collection ..when you get the chance post up some more pic of your amps:)

specialk1 03-30-2008 09:08 AM

1 Attachment(s)

:Dhope that helpt you....some mor pic's for you all ...AMPS Wellcraft excaliber Cat .......

joe rocket 03-30-2008 08:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here are some my boats. That was the white Budlight tunnels first and only run. I had decals made for it. I see someone else has posted some pictures of my toys. I guess I'm famous. ha ha ha