RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Speed - RC Nitro Boats (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/speed-rc-nitro-boats-117/)
-   -   AMPS hulls & outboards pics & tips {Agnew Model Propulsion Systems} (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/speed-rc-nitro-boats-117/7065963-amps-hulls-outboards-pics-tips-%7Bagnew-model-propulsion-systems%7D.html)

ob nut 11-16-2010 12:19 AM

RE: AMPS hulls & outboards pics

You need to go into the R/C boat section and just look. One never knows what it will be listed by. Since I knew that the tunnel I sold was an "AMPS", it was listed as such. The price matched the rareness of the boat/motor. Some don't know what they have and listed it as "large tunnel".. You just need to look at every item that is being sold to see what is selling.

zaca 11-16-2010 12:32 AM

what do you type on ebay to find outboard motors like yours

ob nut 11-16-2010 01:09 AM

As stated, one never knows how the seller will list the item. Take a look at these categories for a start.

* Toys & Hobbies >
* Radio Control & Control Line >
* Radio Control Vehicles >
* Boats & Watercraft

* Toys & Hobbies >
* Radio Control & Control Line >
* RC Engines, Parts & Accs >
* Boats & Watercraft

rcguy1411 11-16-2010 09:54 AM

zaca here is just a little bit of info a Mercury engine cover just sold on ebay for $100.00 you can find deals but everyone is always lookinf and the prices can get alittle crazy

andybenton 11-16-2010 12:52 PM

id like to ask a quick question about the outdrives, and what size motor/length hull they work for.

i never knew about these products untill this thread, and ever scince i found it ive been scowering ebay looking for them. i cant get over the nice scale appearance theyve got.

and ive seen some awsome pictures here.

thanks guys

sspeas 11-16-2010 07:15 PM

i was thinking about selling them, boy i have had these guys for a while....

specialk1 11-16-2010 11:02 PM

ORIGINAL: zaca

what do you type on ebay to find outboard motors like yours
ob nuts is right .. it is like treasure hunting .. i have to say that's part of the fun finding them .. i found this one 3 weeks ago on fleebay . the person did not know what he had . i got it cheap as far as for what the usually go for . johnson gt150. this one needs to be rebuilt but I'm lucky to have spare parts for it :eek:

specialk1 11-16-2010 11:05 PM

RE: AMPS hulls & outboards pics& tips

ORIGINAL: Eddy de Vries

ORIGINAL: specialk1

how much do ya want for the brown one thanx
??? [sm=confused.gif] what brown one [sm=confused.gif]
Ken,

Click on the [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=9694682]specialk1[/link] at the right and you find your post #1048 on page 42[sm=idea.gif]

Rgds, Eddy

thanks Eddy [sm=tongue_smile.gif]

specialk1 11-16-2010 11:28 PM

ORIGINAL: andybenton

id like to ask a quick question about the outdrives, and what size motor/length hull they work for.

i never knew about these products untill this thread, and ever scince i found it ive been scowering ebay looking for them. i cant get over the nice scale appearance theyve got.

and ive seen some awsome pictures here.

thanks guys
the outdrives can be used for a nitro / gas ,40 nitro to a g26 zen/ the hull rang from 30' to 60' they had some that where counter rotating to suport twin moters / they do have trims on them .

zaca 11-17-2010 12:12 AM

what is fleebay tell me what to type in

andybenton 11-17-2010 12:19 AM

thanks for the info, now if i can just find one, oh, and of course, find some cash :P.

zaca 11-17-2010 01:54 AM

do you know where i can get a johnson gt 150 motor cover and the bit that it goes on thanx

rcguy1411 11-17-2010 02:16 AM

all you can really do is watch ebay or craigs list the buy and sell adds here and on other boat sites i think specialk1 is going to start making covers in the new year other than that your kinda outa luck

specialk1 11-17-2010 06:30 AM

what is fleebay tell me what to type in
:D sorry Fleebay is my way in saying EBAY [&:]

zaca 11-18-2010 12:30 AM

[img]{akamaiimageforum}/upfiles/53218/Ge95385.jpg[/img]

zaca 11-18-2010 01:02 AM

has anyone got any type of outboard their going to sell on ebay or something like that

zaca 11-18-2010 01:22 AM

RE: AMPS hulls & outboards pics & tips {Agnew Model Propulsion Systems}

do you have any outboards that your thinking about selling or if not could you tell me if you find anything good on ebay thanx

Eddy de Vries 11-18-2010 04:55 AM

RE: AMPS hulls & outboards pics & tips {Agnew Model Propulsion Systems}

do you have any outboards that your thinking about selling or if not could you tell me if you find anything good on ebay thanx
zaca,

There is also a possibility to edit existing posts, see the top right hand corner of your posts:D

Rgds, Eddy

zaca 11-20-2010 02:31 AM

today i got a johnson gt 150 a t4 a evinrude xp 150 and a k&b outboard

hmvink 11-20-2010 06:53 AM

Hello,

does anybody have the building plans of a Cees van der Velden tunnel hull? I have a AMPS T4 and would like to build a scale model of the van der Velden boat.
Any info is appreciated!

Kind regards,

Hans Maarten Vink
The Netherlands<br type="_moz" />

Eddy de Vries 11-20-2010 07:09 AM

ORIGINAL: hmvink

Hello,

does anybody have the building plans of a Cees van der Velden tunnel hull? I have a AMPS T4 and would like to build a scale model of the van der Velden boat.
Any info is appreciated!

Kind regards,

Hans Maarten Vink
The Netherlands<br type=''_moz'' />
Hans Maarten,
I had a set original Van der Maazen blueprints, but recently sent them to [link=http://www.xtremercboats.com/phpBB/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=6313]Harry01[/link], so you better contact him.
Attached and [link=http://www.xtremercboats.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=21032&p=223343#p223343]here[/link] you'll find Harry01's Van der Maazen/Van der Velden boat.

Rgds, Eddy

racejunkie538 11-20-2010 07:50 AM

Hello Hans Maarten

I have the same drawings for you if you like, but first I have to get them back from someone else.
You can borrow the drawings from me to make a copy if you like. Let me know.

Kind regards

Marc

specialk1 11-20-2010 08:43 AM

today i got a johnson gt 150 a t4 a evinrude xp 150 and a k&b outboard
:D post up your pic's of them :D

specialk1 11-20-2010 08:44 AM

ORIGINAL: racejunkie538

Hello Hans Maarten

I have the same drawings for you if you like, but first I have to get them back from someone else.
You can borrow the drawings from me to make a copy if you like. Let me know.

Kind regards

Marc
WOW [X(] that looks nice ! what is the size of that hull ? :)

hmvink 11-20-2010 09:21 AM

Hello Marc,

your boat is exactly what I would like to build. It looks great.
Is that a 7.5cc K&amp;BOutboard on your boat? I also have an AMPST4 motor that I can use to get a more realistic boat for display only.

If I could get a copy of your plans that would be great. Then I will post a scanned version on this forum so other people can download it.

Looking forward to hear from you.

Kind regards,

Hans Maarten Vink