Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Sport Flying
 Ace Cloud Dancer 60 >

Ace Cloud Dancer 60

Notices
Sport Flying This forum is for those that like to fly just for the enjoyment of flying, and all the airplanes that help them. Discuss here the joys of flying and the airplanes that help you enjoy it.

Ace Cloud Dancer 60

Old 06-23-2007, 07:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ace Cloud Dancer 60

I recently traded for this plane and was wondering what people think of this plane in terms of flying, building, repairing or any other advice. I am new to flying airplanes and could use some good advice. Thanks alot
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk26085.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	16.2 KB
ID:	709208   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cy77152.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	16.1 KB
ID:	709209  
Old 06-23-2007, 09:15 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: What is this plane?

Judging by the shape of the tail and the tapered wing, I would say its a Cloud Dancer.

-Johnny-
Old 06-23-2007, 09:22 AM

Ty so much. Also wondering if you heard much about these plane as far for a beginner or any info you might have.
Old 06-24-2007, 11:08 AM

That is indeed a Cloud Dancer. This is a very aerobatic sport plane. It's not at all suitable for a first plane or a novice pilot. The Cloud Dancer would be a really fun second or third plane.

From your post, it appears you're a beginner. You should start with a trainer plane like the Tower Hobbies .40 trainer or one of the Hobbico trainers. Be sure to fly your trainer until you're bored to tears with it before changing over.

Dr.1
Old 06-24-2007, 11:50 AM

Ty for the great information but unfortanutely I do not have a beginner plane. I am a BEGINNER. I have flown Helicopters but never planes. Well once again thanks......SHAUN
Old 06-24-2007, 12:07 PM
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

With the low prices of ARF trainers these days you really ought to take these guys good advice and learn on a trainer. Trying to learn on an aerobatic plane is a sure recipe for disaster. You'll break that plane and you'll have to buy a trainer anyway.

Look around and you can find ARF trainers for under $100, sometimes even under $50. Ask around a club and there's always some one with a spare trainer to sell for even cheaper. Heck, if you were local I've got one for sale for $40. After you've beat the trainer to a pulp you'll have a nice aerobatic plane to move up to, it won't be wasted.

Your helicopter experience will help but you still need the trainer. It'll save you lots of money and headaches in the long run.

Dave
Old 06-24-2007, 02:32 PM

Well I dont intend to fly this plane until I fly a trainer. I am stationed in Germany so its not easy for me to get a trainer airplane. I have been looking and will continue to look but alot of people dont like to ship this far. Ty for your advice and I will hope to be able to fly this plane someday. THANKS.....SHAUN
Old 06-24-2007, 02:58 PM
My Feedback: (12)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: farleys04

Well I dont intend to fly this plane until I fly a trainer. I am stationed in Germany so its not easy for me to get a trainer airplane. I have been looking and will continue to look but alot of people dont like to ship this far. Ty for your advice and I will hope to be able to fly this plane someday. THANKS.....SHAUN
Tower hobbies ships to APO/FPO addresses.
Old 06-24-2007, 05:48 PM

Yes I know of Tower Hobbies but I really enjoy trading. I live in military housing and my space would not allow me to keep that many planes at once. Ty for your info.....SHAUN
Old 06-24-2007, 11:18 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

TY is texting? Are you typing this on a phone?
Old 06-25-2007, 12:05 AM

I would appreciate it if you did not write on here if you have nothing inteligent to say. I am not typing this on a phone. TY....SHAUN
Old 06-25-2007, 01:19 PM
SST
My Feedback: (2)

Sure is surly for a noob, aint he?
Old 06-25-2007, 01:28 PM

Yea, SST.

I am stationed in Germany so its not easy for me to get a trainer airplane. I have been looking and will continue to look but alot of people dont like to ship this far.

I don't know why trainer planes are hard to get in Germany or why there are no LHSs close by and he has to get one shipped. Surely Germany has hobby shops?

Dr.1
Old 06-25-2007, 02:07 PM

RCU sure is lucky too have you two. Well thank you guys soo much for your great post and it helped me soo much.

SARCASIM ISNT IT GREAT!!
Old 06-25-2007, 02:18 PM
My Feedback: (6)

Received 281 Likes on 243 Posts

SIG has several UK dealers and their LT-40 is an excellent trainer it comes as both a kit and as an ARF.
Old 06-25-2007, 02:28 PM

Thank You so much I will check them out. Right now I am thinking about trading the plane for something I can take to Iraq. But once again TY..Shaun
Old 06-26-2007, 01:33 PM
My Feedback: (18)

Default RE: Ace Cloud Dancer 60

From time to time I have seen here on RCU folks in Iraq who are flying electrics and other planes. You might want to do some forum searches. I tend to remember one thread where folks were sending hobby supplies to Iraq.

If you like to trade, you could trade the cloud dancer for a trainer. Its really the only way to start in the hobby.
Old 06-26-2007, 01:42 PM

Well I am definitely going to trade for either elec heli or elec plane. I am just wondering if I cannot fly nitro planes then am I going to be able to fly electric ones. I know that today alot of electric helicopters can preform the same 3-D maneuvers as nitro heli's. I am not sure if that is the same with airplanes. I will keep looking for that deal that catches your eye but thank you for your post and take care....Shaun
Old 06-26-2007, 09:53 PM

You can rest assured, farleys04, that electric airplanes are every bit as capable as their glow-powered counterparts when it comes to wild 3D aerobatics. Good luck with your shopping, and hopefully you'll find something you like that will travel well with you.
Old 06-26-2007, 10:31 PM

Farleys, here's another option: keep the Cloud Dancer and find an instructor who can put you on a buddy box.

I have an Ace Cloud Dancer 60 too - it's a fast, pattern-ship-like, aerobatic flyer that will "stay where you put it" and not self level like a high dihedral trainer will. It also takes a while to slow down and floats somewhat during a landing approach, due to its relatively large wing area for its weight and its aerodynamically clean design.

Having said that, it's vice free, is happy to fly slowly and when it stalls, it does so very gently without dropping a wing.

I recently trained a guy who had no fixed wing experience but who had soloed on helis, using my cloud dancer on buddy box. He picked it up in no time and went on the fly several of his own fixed wing aircraft without incident.
Old 06-27-2007, 03:29 AM

Hey guys I appreciate the advice. I would love to be able to fly this plane. I have pm a few members in germany asking them for help but with no luck they did not respond. I have just recently found someone stationed here in germany with me that knows a little about flying planes. He said he would be glad to teach me everthing he knew but the bad thing is he does not have a tx that would hook up to mine. So my next question is... Are there any tx out there that will hook up to RD6000 Super that dont cost a whole gob of money. Well the more I hear about this plane the more it makes me want to keep it. I really do appreciate you guys giving me your advice and I will definitely post a video if I ever get to fly this plane. Thanks guys....Shaun
Old 06-27-2007, 04:41 AM

http://www.hobbypeople.net/gallery/479300.asp

Hopefully you can find an Airtronics buddy box somewhere.
Old 06-27-2007, 04:45 AM

Hey Biged the tx is exactly what I am looking for. I will be ordering one of these real soon. Thank you and take care