Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Sport Flying
 Multiplex Gemini bipe CG? >

Multiplex Gemini bipe CG?

Notices
Sport Flying This forum is for those that like to fly just for the enjoyment of flying, and all the airplanes that help them. Discuss here the joys of flying and the airplanes that help you enjoy it.

Multiplex Gemini bipe CG?

Old 10-10-2007, 02:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Multiplex Gemini bipe CG?

Hello,

Has anyone else had a problem with the [link]http://www.modelspot.com/mpx/Gemini.htm[/link]Gemini's CG? I read such great things in the recent Backyard Flyer that I quickly ordered one. It's so well designed that there is little room for the CG to be anywhere else than where they say it will be. Mine balanced perfectly, but when airborne, it was literally nose straight up. I don't know how I got it to the ground...

How could this be? I ended up stuffing an old Ni-MH battery into the nose area just to make it flyable. Note that both the magazine article and box itself must be misprints -- the Gem needs at least a 450, which is what I put in it. I expected great things from this plane, but it's been a minor headache thus far.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
Old 10-12-2007, 10:49 PM
My Feedback: (20)

Default RE: Multiplex Gemini bipe CG?

Hi

I wrote a little about the Gemini here: http://tommydsblog.blogspot.com/

Perhaps it might answer some of your questions?

Take care

Tommy
Old 03-28-2008, 12:47 AM

if you have the cg spot on, maybe your thrust line is way out, that would explain it goin straight up with throttle my multiplex minimag did that but instead of making her nose heavy i just programmed in down elevator with higher throttle as i made the mount to tight. i believe the geminis mount is adjustable is the screws on the front.
regrads,
dave
Old 07-30-2008, 02:33 PM

Hello;

I had a problem with the second flight of my Gemini last week. It took off smoothly, and then it started to roll over and over to the right. I cut back on the power, and the plane went face first into the dirt. When I checked the damage, it seemed like the right aileron was disconnected from the servo at the connection from the wing. The rest of the plane was damaged pretty badly. The battery was ejected through the front intake, and the rest of the nose seems slightly twisted. I have just now started to look at how to repair it because I was so saddened by the crash. I thought all the connections were tight, so I am not sure if the right wing connection was disconnected before or after. Does anybody have any ideas on how to fix?

Thank You
Mike C.
MRCRTR
Old 07-06-2009, 12:21 PM

I have had planes for atleest 2 years now and I am thinking about moving on to a multiplex gemini biplane.

at the moment I have a wingdragon 4ch and I am able to fly that really well and I would like to move on too somthing a bit more better.
do you reccomend this plane?

please reply soon as possible.