Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Sport Flying
Reload this Page >

Glidescope RC Yak 54

Community
Search
Notices
Sport Flying This forum is for those that like to fly just for the enjoyment of flying, and all the airplanes that help them. Discuss here the joys of flying and the airplanes that help you enjoy it.

Glidescope RC Yak 54

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2007, 09:06 AM
rustydib

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Glidescope RC Yak 54

I recently purchased a Glidescope Yak 54 (guessing it is a .30 size) with a 45" wingspan. After finally getting it all put together and reinforced, it weighed in at 4.5lbs with an Evolution .36nt and no fuel. I did some prop test last night and I could use some guidance/recommendations as to which prop to use. I used a [link=http://checkline.com/tachometers/CDT-2000HD#specifications]Check-Line Tachometer[/link] which is accurate within .02% up to 100,000 RPM.

Here are the props that I tested with an Evolution .36NT running Cool Power Omega 10%:

Master Airscrew G/F 9x6 - 14,900 RPM
Grish Tornado 9x6 - 13,402 RPM
Zinger Wood 10x6 - 10,960 RPM
APC 10x4 - 13,892 RPM
APC 10x6 - 12,200 RPM
APC 11x4 - 11,462 RPM
TopFlite Wood 11x4 - 12,402

Any input as which prop I should start with would be a big help because I am new to this class of planes and the "so-called" manual for this ARF was only 4 pages and a very, very vague 4 pages at that!

For reference, I also have a H9 Tribute 36 with the Evo .36nt on it and I use the 11x4 TopFlite prop which performs wonderfully. I tried the APC 11x4, but I didn't like the throttle response I was getting with it.

Thanks for your help,

Dusty