Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Sport Flying
Reload this Page >

Black Horse Katana 60 update - brilliant

Community
Search
Notices
Sport Flying This forum is for those that like to fly just for the enjoyment of flying, and all the airplanes that help them. Discuss here the joys of flying and the airplanes that help you enjoy it.

Black Horse Katana 60 update - brilliant

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2008, 04:40 AM
ntsmith

Location: Bishop\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'s Stortford,
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Black Horse Katana 60 update - brilliant

For those that knew and had flown the Black Horse Katana 60 original may like to know that they have gone to town with improvements to this kit. It certainly cannot be said that Black Horse do not listed to their customers.
The original never sported the distinctive Katana wing fillets. The latest does.
The original had a one piece wing with a poorly designed under belly fillet that was fited after the wing - and would fall off at the first chance. The latest doesnt need this because it has seperate wings which are better for transport and storage.
The original never had a really week u/c but this one certainly doesn't.
The cockpit area is now removable and the complete design would lend itself to an electric conversion. Personally, I'm going with the O.S. 91 FS.
The hinging is now left to the builder and the decals are much improved.
Take a look at the new one its great. It has "Improved" or similar written on the box lid.
I liked the first but this really took me by suprise as the covering and accuracy and ease of putting together was considerably better than - dare I say it - Hangar 9.
I would just like to mention this did on the first and it does on the latest use "proper" heat shrink covering. Not shelving paper!

Pleasantly suprised is an understatement.
Well done Black Horse.