Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Universe Support > Suggestions
What happened >

What happened

Community
Search
Notices
Suggestions Have a suggestion for a feature, new category or anything else? Let us know by posting it here!

What happened

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2023, 01:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What happened

What happened to the old R/C Universe? Use to look for sale items and there would so many
pages.
Now hardly anything.
Old 05-16-2023, 09:32 AM
My Feedback: (15)

Received 85 Likes on 75 Posts

it is death throes, started about the time it was bought out by internet brands...
The following users liked this post:
init4fun (08-05-2023)
Old 05-16-2023, 10:48 AM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts

The "system" for creating and maintaining an ad her sucks, and nobody buys much of anything that does remain listed, so there isn't much point in going through the PITA BS that comes with an ad (like multiple invoice PM's for a "free" ad). It makes the site look rather retarded.

Whenever any site goes from a hobby trying to cover its operating expenses with ads, to a money-making machine owned by some corporations that own forums, then it usually goes down the tubes. That has happened to most of the other hobby forums I belong to, so I imagine it happened here too.

Well, that and the fact that this hobby does often seem to be circling the drain (caused partly by the big corporations that bought up most of the smaller hobby businesses).

Greed make the world go 'round, but it also destroys anything in its path.
Old 05-16-2023, 11:43 AM
My Feedback: (11)

Received 369 Likes on 297 Posts

The Classified section is getting a revamp soon.
IBJoel (05-23-2023)
Old 05-16-2023, 12:58 PM
My Feedback: (15)

Received 85 Likes on 75 Posts

let us hope that it is more successful than the last "revamp" effort...
init4fun (07-09-2023)
Old 05-23-2023, 07:41 AM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by mongo
let us hope that it is more successful than the last "revamp" effort...
We'll announce soon, but it's going to be very similar to the forum, so easy to use, easy to search, post, et cetera.
Old 05-23-2023, 08:13 AM
My Feedback: (54)

Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by IBJoel
We'll announce soon, but it's going to be very similar to the forum, so easy to use, easy to search, post, et cetera.

Please don’t make it “Forum” base where people can make comments to the ad. There are guys on here that think they are the police and make ignorant comments on the forum ad. I have quit advertising on here, because I couldn’t delete an ignorant comment that ruined my ad. I asked a moderator to delete the comment, and he didn’t. So I quit advertising. On RCG, at least the person placing the ad is also the moderator of the Ad and can delete and block ignorant comments.
Thanks.
Old 05-23-2023, 08:54 AM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by RCFlyerDan
Please don’t make it “Forum” base where people can make comments to the ad. There are guys on here that think they are the police and make ignorant comments on the forum ad. I have quit advertising on here, because I couldn’t delete an ignorant comment that ruined my ad. I asked a moderator to delete the comment, and he didn’t. So I quit advertising. On RCG, at least the person placing the ad is also the moderator of the Ad and can delete and block ignorant comments.
Thanks.
People can makes comments on ads now, though. Could you link me to the offending comment? I'd like to take a look. Generally we don't allow "conversation" posts in our other forum-based marketplaces, to minimize sniping at sellers and overpraise.
Old 05-23-2023, 10:39 AM

Default Ads

Originally Posted by IBJoel
People can makes comments on ads now, though. Could you link me to the offending comment? I'd like to take a look. Generally we don't allow "conversation" posts in our other forum-based marketplaces, to minimize sniping at sellers and overpraise.
That’s correct the current setup others can make comments, good or bad. Just as a conversation forum. One PITA is “Zeeb”. He truly has mental issues and feels he needs to be the expert on everything. With normal conversation forums with RC subjects, he normally has something derogatory to say about the subject matter. His isn’t even a buyer with my ad, and others where he makes derogatory comments. It isn’t his business as to what I list my jets and other things for sale. If he isn’t making an offer, then there shouldn’t be any way for him to make a comment. Questions and Offers should be private between the possible buyer and sellers.

https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/mar...5#post12698284

In my ad here, Jet John made a derogatory comment, and was corrected by highhorse.

https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/mar...8#post12683263

I may have others, but haven’t looked back through the rest of my old ads. These two ads were placed 6/21 & 10/21.

Thank you Joel for your work on this project.
Dan

Old 05-23-2023, 11:03 AM

That's a couple years old, did you report it at the time? I would have bounced that had it been reported or I had seen it.
Old 05-23-2023, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by BarracudaHockey
That's a couple years old, did you report it at the time? I would have bounced that had it been reported or I had seen it.
Thanks for chiming in Andy. I thought that I had forward an ad to one of the moderators, but couldn’t find the email.

I did find where I was emailing PM to highhorse. I told him that Zeeb was the reason why I quit advertising on here. I have only posted 5 ads since the 10/21 ad.

I was still frustrated about RCU open forum ads that I started a forum asking others opinion if unsolicited opinions should be allowed on an ad. In the forum, I seem to have thought that I had asked a moderator to delete Zeeb’s post. But couldn’t find it.

Unsolicited opinions - RCU Forums
rcuniverse.com [img]blob:https://www.rcuniverse.com/ed8ed4fb-d5e6-4a2f-a62c-e1acc5d74d7c[/img]

Old 05-23-2023, 06:19 PM
Banned
My Feedback: (788)

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

If such a thing already exists then please accept my apologies in advance. Now I know its slightly off topic but what I am often wondering is this. The moderator team,, who are they anymore and what areas do they cover. So when it comes to looking for moderator help, one can reach out to the moderator which is best suited for the issue at hand.
Is there a list or even a table that can be found that defines this?
init4fun (08-05-2023)
Old 05-24-2023, 03:27 AM

Originally Posted by TheEdge
If such a thing already exists then please accept my apologies in advance. Now I know its slightly off topic but what I am often wondering is this. The moderator team,, who are they anymore and what areas do they cover. So when it comes to looking for moderator help, one can reach out to the moderator which is best suited for the issue at hand.
Is there a list or even a table that can be found that defines this?
Just report the post, whomever is assigned that area will get the ticket. Ken and I see all the tickets and since I'm online most of the day for my real job I usually just handle them. If its a ban I escalate it to Ken for things like phishing.

If there's a post in the Marketplace I'm interested as a modeler in and I see sniping about prices or whatever I usually just delete it but I don't read every ad so if there's an issue just click REPORT and someone will look at it, we may not always agree its a rules violation and take action, but it will get looked at
Old 05-24-2023, 05:40 AM

Received 77 Likes on 68 Posts

Derogatory comments? A little touchy?
Old 07-21-2023, 01:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The end is near!!!