Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Universe Support > Suggestions
Reload this Page >

Support Ticket?

Notices
Suggestions Have a suggestion for a feature, new category or anything else? Let us know by posting it here!

Support Ticket?

Old 08-22-2009, 05:17 PM
pythonfan
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Support Ticket?

Ok i thought about this one and was wondering if this is something that could be added.

First thing there is no spam category.

Ok for the real issue i'm posting this. Ive noticed when i put support tickets in they often don't get answered and i result in pm'ing foxy or another to get them to do something for me.

Often times i don't bother with the support tickets for such reasons and i go right to a mod, which then eliminates the ticket system.

My suggestion would be to have a drop down list of mods we could pick from for our more favored mods or mods for cretin forums.

So for example i fill out a ticket then i can pick if i want the ticket to go to say rcken, or foxy, or dale, etc....
Old 08-22-2009, 08:10 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 358 Likes on 288 Posts
Default RE: Support Ticket?

Its automated and assigned to one of a list of moderators for the forum in question.

Keeps us from getting over run.

I'm not sure why you're not seeing replies, most days I check there's not more than 3 or 4 open tickets at any given time.
Old 08-22-2009, 09:54 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

All tickets are assigned on a rotating basis to the moderators for the forum the ticket is reported in.

All of our moderators do this on a volunteer basis and therefore are not paid for the time they spend here on RCU. Because of this we give the moderators a little bit of leeway in dealing with report tickets. In fact, several of our moderators have lost their job in this sagging economy and have very little time to devote to their duties on RCU.

There should be no need for you to contact any Moderator because you feel that a ticket is not being taken care of quickly enough. The Administrators and Community Moderators do monitor the tickets regularly and if we see an issue that needs immediate attention we will take care of it, but for more routine tickets we will leave it for the assigned Moderator to deal with. When you start contacting Moderators privately you wind up placing more of a load on a moderator and making more work for them than they would normally have, which runs the risk of the Moderator burning out on the job. This would be especially true if members were allowed to pick the Moderator they wanted to deal with the ticket, some Moderators would wind up with a work load that is unfair to them considering that they position is unpaid.

Ken
Old 08-23-2009, 04:09 PM
guver
My Feedback: (325)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

FWIW any of my reports have been taken care of quicky and I have gotten a notice/response. I've been very satisfied. I never felt a need to pick a mod since if a post breaks a rule it doesn't matter which mod gets it and takes care of it.

A spam catagory may be nice , but do the existing catagories cover spam more specifically? perhaps. The ability to pick a mod seems nice , but will result in a slower overall response (I can see that)

Could the reason that pythonfan does not recieve a response is that no action is needed or taken on a particular issue. I guess I've had the attitude that once it is reported then I can forget about it. Maybe I have forgotten the report and wouldn't remember "not" getting a response.

The feature that tells that a report hs already been filed is extremely helpful. Thanks.