Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
Reload this Page >

DS420 replacement parts?

Community
Search
Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

DS420 replacement parts?

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2010, 10:38 PM
joe_crash
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DS420 replacement parts?

Hey everyone -
Does anyone know where or if it is even available a replacement cord for the DS420 servo?I had 3 and on 2 of them the leads frayed enough to short them after just a very short period of time. I had my local hobby store ask an Align rep if they would exchange them and the answer was no joy. I'm pretty handy with a soldering iron - do they even make these available or doI have to canabalize a cheap servo for it?

Old 11-14-2010, 05:19 PM
ptb

Default RE: DS420 replacement parts?

[] I would try and find a better hobby shop ! what you could use are called servo extenders , these come in 3, 5, 6, 12, and about 18 inches. They are used in gliders and aircraft, where the servo's are too far from the receiver .
If you have enough of the original wire sticking out of the servo, just cut and splice in the new servo lead.
If not you will have to open up the servo and solder the new lead in.
Old 11-14-2010, 07:22 PM
joe_crash
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: DS420 replacement parts?

Actually that Hobby Shop went out of business not that long after it opened, so my experience with them couldn't have been an isolated occurence.

Looks like I'll have to warm up my soldering iron, as the frayed part is right where the wire exits the case..