Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
Reload this Page >

Can someone show me how they ran wires 4 their trex PRO?

Community
Search
Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

Can someone show me how they ran wires 4 their trex PRO?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2010, 10:58 AM
joe_crash
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can someone show me how they ran wires 4 their trex PRO?

I almost have it back together... now if Icould only decide where to run the wires and still reach where they need to, w/o rubbing any moving parts. Can anyone show me how they ran the wires in their 450 PRO?
Thanks!
Old 12-02-2010, 04:41 PM
Rob2160

Default RE: Can someone show me how they ran wires 4 their trex PRO?

ORIGINAL: joe_crash

I almost have it back together... now if Icould only decide where to run the wires and still reach where they need to, w/o rubbing any moving parts. Can anyone show me how they ran the wires in their 450 PRO?
Thanks!
Hi, I am away from home at the moment but will be back tonight.. I'll post some photos.. Basically I ran then down the side frame and just hot glued the entire servo lead in place.

Its a good solid and permanent installation that works for me.. Photos to come..
Old 12-02-2010, 07:44 PM
joe_crash
My Feedback: (3)

Great!I can't wait to see them - I'm really looking forward to getting this in the air. I've seen the PRO on the internet - a Horizon Hobby build video (which didn't actually show them building anything) and in the test flight it seemed to run much quieter with the torque tube tail - I don't know if that is true or not, but I'm still looking forward to getting in the air!
Old 12-03-2010, 04:30 AM
Rob2160

ORIGINAL: joe_crash

Great!I can't wait to see them - I'm really looking forward to getting this in the air. I've seen the PRO on the internet - a Horizon Hobby build video (which didn't actually show them building anything) and in the test flight it seemed to run much quieter with the torque tube tail - I don't know if that is true or not, but I'm still looking forward to getting in the air!

Here is the pic of my Pro installation.. I have hot glued the servo leads in place.. they absolutely will NEVER move or come loose..

You can also see I have used hot glue on the servo itself to secure the wires against vibration. Same with the RX aerials

I know this will be a nightmare if I crash, but my philosophy is, build it strong, and bullet proof it and you should never crash..

I have planes that are over 20 years old and still flying reliably with zero crashes that I built this way..

The hitech HS65MG servo leads are quite short and the longest part of the build was figuring out how to route and secure them..

and yes..the TT is much smoother and quieter than the Belt.. It flies with class!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpM2BqA_f0g[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4rrFLyNZ8Q[/youtube]

Hope this helps..

Old 12-05-2010, 03:05 AM
Rob2160

Oh well..

There is Karma for my over confidence...

I use the same transmitter for 3 x 450 helis.. and today I forgot to change from the 450 GT to the 450 Pro model memory..

It was also the ONE time ever thatI skipped the servo pre flight checks..

And yes.. I crashed the PRO in the photo above.. the roll control was reversed and immediately after take off it just rolled inverted and destroyed itself!

Hopefully someone benefits from my silly mistake..

Always check you have the correct model selected before flight.

Edit.. Monday morning.... luckily I had a spare 450 Pro kit on hand.. and she is now re built and test flown.. as good as new.