Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
 Electric Rotowing >

Electric Rotowing

Community
Search
Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

Electric Rotowing

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2011, 04:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electric Rotowing

I have some things posted in unusual aircraft.I have turned my interest from fixed wing to Rotarywing and have come up with! It's a Rotarywing Aircraft Just, not your typical Heli.The larger than average Rotating wing is turned from the wingtips.This is a very efficiante way to turn it .Loosing the need for a tail rotor all actions are done by tilting the wing controling motor speeds and vertical control surfaces.Check this out and See if it makes any sense to you.Personally I think it's the way a Heli should be constructed! So Roll Over Sigorski and let Charlie give you the News.I don't know much about your Heli But, it may be possible to relace your needed parts with those of a newer Heli.If it's a gearbox? you may be able to change it to belt drive.Don't really know? I had a problem with my 1st prototype.The rotation cuasedne side with reverse rotation and prop.I have since built a second prototype with the correct rotation This now allows me to run stock rotation and props on both sides.Giving me the same airflow over both sides!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj21341.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	121.1 KB
ID:	1596852  
Old 04-21-2011, 03:49 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Electric Rotowing

Looks very interesting but i can see some problems props are not very good at high speed the rotor tips are almost supersonic speed i cant see how they will work well , some people have used ducted jets with better results also in forward flight the back thrust from the rear travaling rotor tip will cause drag on one side and twice the thrust on the other side , it wont be asbad just hovering there was also mega noise problems with this type of set up ,
also with the motors on the rotor tips it will be heavy and slow to change direction

i have only seen this on full size aircraft maybe on a model you will have a better chance

Keep up the good work looking forward to seeing the results and good luck .