Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
Reload this Page >

450 Clone setup, HELP!

Community
Search
Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

450 Clone setup, HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2012, 04:37 PM
albramley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 450 Clone setup, HELP!

HK450GT Pro/ 6100e receiver/ Spektrum DX7
I am having "issues" in setting this heli up. I cant seem to get the cyclic working properly and well Im a tad frustrated, See below for the setting I have currently in the DX7, the issue that i am having is I dont seem to be getting the right movement on the elevator servo, and if i reverse it everything goes outa whack, at current setting at 0 stick all looks good, but 1/4, 1/2, full, the swash is completely out of synch, nor is the cyclic even close to having full 120deg movement, this is my first 450 build and im most likley doing something wrong, if anyone has any ideas or can point me in the direction i need to go it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Al

DX7 current settingsX7 setup. This is CCPM, HDE would be the same except normal swash mode and the end-point setups. I have a GY-401 and Hyperion ESC, but I'll give curves for Align ESCs as well, governor in both cases.

This gives gyro mode on the rudder dual rate switch, throttle hold on AUX2 and ties dual rates to the flight mode switch.

In system mode (press scroll-down and select at power up), configure the model name etc. and also:
[Input Select]
Aux 2: INH
Gear: Gyro

[Swash type]
3 servos

or for HDE
1 servo

In program mode (press scroll-down and select together to leave system mode, then again to enter program mode):

[D/R & EXP]:

Position 0
Channel, exp, rate
elev +35% 65%
aile +35% 55%
rudd +30% 100%

I'm not sure I like the expo on rudder.

Position 1
elev +55% 100%
aile +55% 100%
rudd lin 100%

[Auto D/R EXP]
This is somewhat my preference only, this gives high rates in idle-up 2.

NORM P-0
ST-1 P-0
ST-2 P-1
HOLD P-0

[Reversing sw]
Channels 1 and 5 on normal for throttle and gyro gain, others depend on servos.

[Sub trim]
Set on zero, get everything as close as you can and then trim these. See any 401 setup guide for what to do with the rudder subtrim.

[Travel adjust]
I have all my cyclic servos on 150%, they're JR micros and this gives precisely the right travel to match the swash using the longest horns that came with them. Everything else on 100%

[Swash mix]
3-servos 120 degrees exponential active, all channels on +60

You may have to set some to -60 to get the swash movement correct, depending on your servos and linkages.

[Throttle hold]

-5%, AUX2 switch

[Throttle curve] (Hyperion ESC, governor on. Soft start is too quick so Normal is used for spoolup)
Normal: 3-points, 0% 50% 100%, exp inh
ST-1: 3-points, 80%x3, exp inh
ST-2: same as ST-1

[Throttle curve] (Align ESC, assuming soft start is ON!!! Spoolup with hold switch)
All curves: 3-points, 87%, exp inh

[Pitch curve]
All curves: 3-points, 0% 50% 100%, exp inh

[Revo mix]
all 0%

[Gyro sens]
Rudd d/r switch
Position 0 18%
Position 1 78%

Note: I pulled these setting from another post here
Cheers
AL

Old 01-30-2012, 05:54 PM
gi1mo2

Default RE: 450 Clone setup, HELP!

Look at the Swash Mix. The 3 values are around +60% on mine. In some cases, you might have to use an equivalent negative number to get the right movement. You may need 2 values positive and another one negative. Trial and error there... To get more movement, increase or decrease number if negative... Check your servo reverse switches as well. Both in combination will have weird results.
Old 02-06-2012, 12:49 PM
JQuest64

Default RE: 450 Clone setup, HELP!

First off, double check to make sure you have correctly assembled the heli, not saying you have not but some of the instructions that come with these helis are not the best in the world.
If you built the 450 properly (ball ends in correct spots on servo horns, correct linkage lengths etc) and know for sure your swash was level, It sounds like a servo or two may need to be reversed.
Make sure you have your radio switched so the motor is off turn on the radio and make sure heli is powered and check as follows.
Push the throttle up slowly, swash should remain level as it raises as you raise the throttle, basically the three servos that attach to the swash should all push up on the swash plate.
If one or more are pushing down, reverse those servos on your radio so they push up.
If they all push up but not at the same rate, you will need to check and adjust end points on servos that are not throwing properly.

Every setup is different so make adjustments according to your heli, someone elses settings for the same set up can be a good starting point, but in no way guarantee they will work right for you.