Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
 HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part II >

HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part II

Community
Search
Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part II

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2012, 04:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part II

@ Phil - The MD500 uses spacers to connect to the vertical tail then to the fuse but the hardware is wrong for a T/T tail. I'm thinking of getting a piece of packing foam and slide it down the length of the tail fuse then tail boom down the middle of same and find an alternate way to attach the vertical tail.

I've been drooling over this [link=http://www.completeheli.com/Fusuno-450-Fiberglass-Airwolf-RVS-Fuselage-Black-FUS-1001RVSB]DROOL![/link]

@ Hugh - Yah, right into the ground. I'm a "Planktard". I don't think I'm cut out for aircraft that doesn't have a rotor!

[link=http://www.acc.af.mil/aerialevents/f22a/]Raptor (Drool)[/link]

b
Old 04-18-2012, 04:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice, Brian,

I actually bought a fuse from them, it was this one;

http://www.completeheli.com/Fusuno-4...uard-FUF-4003A

It is still in the box as it looks too daunting to me at the moment and the heli I had in mind for it is not set up perfectly enough, its a Tarot FB'd 450 with the Tarot gyro. I think I'll convert it to FBL and then have a go, but it needs an extra servo for both the front and back wheels, so its goning to be heavy!

Best,
Phil.
Old 04-18-2012, 04:28 PM

ORIGINAL: Flying Fiz

Nice, Brian,

I actually bought a fuse from them, it was this one;

http://www.completeheli.com/Fusuno-4...uard-FUF-4003A

It is still in the box as it looks too daunting to me at the moment and the heli I had in mind for it is not set up perfectly enough, its a Tarot FB'd 450 with the Tarot gyro. I think I'll convert it to FBL and then have a go, but it needs an extra servo for both the front and back wheels, so its goning to be heavy!

Best,
Phil.
Nice fuse!

Yah, I think "heavy" is the operative word.

I suspect that on occasion I will fly the befused heli but since I won't be able to "sling it around" I will bore of it.

It's a 50 bux USD try so it's cheap to see how I'll behave!

Will have to see!

In the mean time partz are a flowin' in!

b
Old 04-18-2012, 05:22 PM

Hi Guys,

Attached is a photo of the fruits of my labour last night.
I am speechless!... WOW... and I mean WOW!!

Looks Great... you could easily turn that into a NSW Police Helicopter.. (I can get you unlimited access to thePolice JetRangercurrently in mothballls at Bankstown..)

PS.. yes that is me.. in 1996, my 2nd year on Police Helis.. oh so long ago.. I was young once...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk25610.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	23.6 KB
ID:	1752110  
Old 04-18-2012, 05:58 PM

Thanks, yes I was happy with it, I think the Jetranger is a great lookig fuselage, and only $50 from HKing. I did think it looked a lot like the NSW Police helis.

Dashing figure your cutting there Rob!

regards, Phil
Old 04-18-2012, 10:20 PM

Lookin' nice and fit there Rob mate!
Old 04-18-2012, 11:06 PM

ORIGINAL: rikybob

Heheh!

I suspect, just suspect you LIKE building!

I'm getting the itch now as BOTH my 450's are down ATM and I miss them.

Perhaps next week??

b
Hi Brian,

You know me better !
Yes, I do like building, maybe more than flying. I like I put together a bunch of parts, modded a little the frame and made this heli.
The only problem Ifound on the ebay Sport tail is that the tail rotor control arm had a large diameter washer and so it could bind to the outer race of the bearing, so I used a smaller one and now it faces only to the inner race of the bearing.

I look forward for your #2 FBL conversion with the CopterX unit.

Spiros

Old 04-18-2012, 11:29 PM

Hi Phil,

Thank you!
And thanks for the canopy tip. It`s not finished yet but it is close.
I would like a Tarot kit better than the ebay head & tail and the modded frame but it would raise the cost more.

Your scale helicopter looks nice and clean.
A nice heli to have it in the air or in the living room.
A little messing with the throttle curve, finding the sweet spot of head speed to pitch, and with the center of gravity, Ithink. And a little with the other settings as the gain, as the extra weight must affect some.
You have it in good shape, looking forward for a video !

Spiros

Old 04-18-2012, 11:50 PM

Nah Spiros, I'll just take off and wrestle with it, and show it who's boss - only real concern maybe COG and with the batt slightly forward it felt good. I figure I'm just going to be floating about though so not too critical.

I've now got a functioning cap cam and tonight I'm going to test out a key cam to attach to the heli. Given that I regularly fly on top of a big hill on an oval in the middle of a golf course with some of the Sydney harbour tributaries down below it might be some sensational viewing particularly if I'm getting some big air with the Gaui X5.

Phil
Old 04-19-2012, 12:10 AM

Hi guys, thought I would check in and let you know whats been happening in my world.
Just about finished my first trip away on my new job which is fitting out the new Centrelink offices in Dubbo.
Been a hard 10 days days and looking forward to a couple of days off.
Wont be doing any flying though as my fleet is decimated. Report card is:

GT#1 needs new servos and the flybar weights removed.

GT#2 awaiting new bearings and tail mods to remove vibrations after the last crash.

EDF Hovercraft blew an ESC last week and awaiting a new one.

MCPX has another broken frame and canopy after a crash today. I shouldnt try to use it over concrete. To make matters worse the gate to the carpark locked behind me and in trying to jump over it I damaged some ribs.

Finally the MQX has another right front motor on the way out but luckily there is a new one waiting for me at home.

Sounds like I need to do some building and forget about flying for a while.

@ Phil. Great looking canopy, wouldnt mind one myself once I dont crash. Sorry about this weekend, was really looking forward to it.

@Simon. Cant wait to get home and watch part 2. Dont think my slow connection could cope with a 1 hour video.

@Spiros. Those diodes are still doing my head in and since when do you spend $200 on a heli? You have been hanging around us for to long.

@Brian. At least you are still flying. I have a Cessna that hasnt been maidened yet and Im sure it will end up like your plank when I finally do. Havent flown planes for a couple of years but if you want a good laugh watch this

@all. Hope you are having more luck than me at the moment and are getting some flying in.
Old 04-19-2012, 01:23 AM

Hi Guys,

Attached is a photo of the fruits of my labour last night.
Hi Phil,

That looks fantastic! I can't wait to see it flying!

Simon
<br type="_moz" />
Old 04-19-2012, 04:24 AM

Hi guys, my daughter's Masters Degree graduation yesterday morning got me an afternoon of flying. As the mcpx had to remain in the wine box I took the training kit off the standard Belt CP - yes I have only been flying with it on-  and flew a couple of lipos. Still nothing fancy but getting to grips (thumbs?) with it. Suppose one can say the way EBO would fly his BOL but just with banking ability may just try to do a few rolls again this coming weekend.

Been looking at the big 550 monster and I am ithcing to let it fly more than just the gentle moves I have been able to do with confidence. Have two weekends planned on the farm and will see if I have the guts do do a bit more with it.

The heli pictures posted look great and Brian, seeing that it was special bonus time here I have a planker in sight as well and will tell Mrs E I am buying it as there is no way I can hide it.
Old 04-19-2012, 04:58 AM

Hi Edmund,

My advice would be that if you think you might be able to do it then just do it and you will surprise yourself. Whilst baby steps are important when learning, once you have mastered basic flying you do need to push yourself a bit to progress, you will be surprised and delighted that you can do it, just dont get to carried away. Once again the MCPX is great for this and then the big birds are easy.

Gees Ingleburn,
Mmate, that is not good, what a tale of woe, send me your wifes email address and I'll send her the link to a suitable heli to buy you for your iminent and significant Birthday! Have a good one !

Phil
Old 04-19-2012, 04:59 AM

@ Edmund - Glad to see ya on the fourms and great to hear you are flyin' soon!

You tell the wifey about that plank yer getting there big guy! What are you gettin' btw??

@ Ingleburn - Wow! Krazy stuff. I'm most sorry to hear about the ribs as it is almost impossible to laugh, sneeze, cough, fart and a myriad of other things whilst yer healin'!
Remember, you ain't a spring chicken! As for the MCP X I am shocked you broke the frame! I've tried!
Bravo, my friend!

BRAVO!

@ All - Getting WELL needed rain over the next three days so NO flyin'. Will spend the time pullin' down both HK450GT's and building the FBL head on my bench!

More mindless blather below!

Regards!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_IJS-V2BDs[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZRx4rMVZbU[/youtube]
Old 04-19-2012, 05:32 AM

Brian, as those in the know advised against gettng a Corsair this is what I am thinking about: http://www.hangar-9.com/Products/Def...ProdID=HAN4425  

We have Mustang Sally flying around here at our airshows, have a painting of one in my office painted by Tiro Vorster (yes google him). great painter and former heli  as well as Shackleton flight engineer with 9000 hours in the air, now retired. Brilliant artist on top of it.

Edmund</p>
Old 04-19-2012, 05:33 AM

Hi Edmund,

My advice would be that if you think you might be able to do it then just do it and you will surprise yourself. Whilst baby steps are important when learning, once you have mastered basic flying you do need to push yourself a bit to progress, you will be surprised anddelighted that you can do it, just dont get to carried away. Once again the MCPX is great for this and then the big birds are easy.

Gees Ingleburn,
Mmate, that is not good, what a tale of woe, send me your wifes email address and I'llsend her the link toa suitableheli to buy you for your iminent andsignificant Birthday! Have a good one !

Phil
Since she is an ex wife you better send me the link. Think I deserve to buy myself something special.

Old 04-19-2012, 05:42 AM

ORIGINAL: rikybob

@ Edmund - Glad to see ya on the fourms and great to hear you are flyin' soon!

You tell the wifey about that plank yer getting there big guy! What are you gettin' btw??

@ Ingleburn - Wow! Krazy stuff. I'm most sorry to hear about the ribs as it is almost impossible to laugh, sneeze, cough, fart and a myriad of other things whilst yer healin'!
Remember, you ain't a spring chicken! As for the MCP X I am shocked you broke the frame! I've tried!
Bravo, my friend!

BRAVO!

@ All - Getting WELL needed rain over the next three days so NO flyin'. Will spend the time pullin' down both HK450GT's and building the FBL head on my bench!

More mindless blather below!

Regards!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_IJS-V2BDs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZRx4rMVZbU
Well the ribs are sore but when you spend all day lifting gyprock ( think you guys call it drywall) then you grin and bear it. And its the second frame Ive broken. Seems that carpet and MCPX's dont mix well. At least on concrete they bounce but on carpet they seem to dig in and stick.
I used to have a saying that you are only as old as the women you are feeling but its been a while so maybe I am getting old.

Will wait till I get home to get my dose of blather.

Old 04-19-2012, 05:51 AM

Ok I wont send the Ex the link as that wouldn't be that productive, so buy yourself a treat of some sort my friend.
Old 04-19-2012, 07:29 AM

ORIGINAL: ingleburn

@Spiros. Those diodes are still doing my head in and since when do you spend $200 on a heli? You have been hanging around us for to long.
Ahh, those diodes will make me fly than crash ! He,he.
You should try it, a really simply mod and voila, runs on specs, what`s better than this ?
After all it is a fast servo on 4.8V, so why run it at more? Anyway, to build a 450 bird you must do lots of things, this is nothing compared to all other you must do.
Anyway.

The bird`s cost with estimated postage cost included:

Frame kit: $17
Modding the $9 frame requires another frame be used for parts : $10 (as only the frame and some bolts will be used)
Sport head &amp; tail : $34
Blades:$3
Motor + pinion : $28
esc + XT60 : $16
Receiver : $9
Gyro : $20
TPSG90 :$9
Emax ES9258 + diodes : $21
ALZRC paddles: $2 (I don`t like the $9 kit paddles)
Tarot Sport tail blades: $2
Canopy + grommets: $7
Battery: $12
Various hardware used : $5
Paint job: $5

Total : $200
With no labor or tools needed.

Now I got a Belt-CP V2 for $128 which includes all of the above, plus labor, plus Tx, plus power supply and charger and you get a nice box too.
The Blade 450 RTF was bought for $281

So, I don`t think a 450 is cheap to build. I have said it in the past also.
Only that it is cheaper to repair.
A bit cheaper to repair than the Belt-CPand a lot cheaper than the Blade 450.

If the Blade 450 had reasonable priced spare parts I would not had messed with the Align clones.
But E-flite keeps dreaming of thick wallet customers... let them dream.

Spiros

Old 04-19-2012, 08:00 AM

So, yeah. If we include the Tx, power supply, charger, tools, some other hardware and accessories, labor... then... it will be a $700 toy in the air. Ready to be killed. Pouf and lots of money wasted.

Not an affordable bird for this hobby. Except if we consider that all who mess with it should have at least $700 to spend with no worry and lots more to waste on repairs.

PS. Don`t look at Rob, Simon, Brian, Phil and me that have lots of birds. I may have lots of them but I know they cost a lot and that they should get more affordable for everyone.

Old 04-19-2012, 09:21 AM

Hiya Spiros!

I found when I did the math on my 450 flybarred bird to cost, all up, no battery or charger to be 250USD.

Not bad in that the Align counterpart was 450 - 500USD!

Well, when I get home I am going to get into "heli surgery" and watch the rain!

b
Old 04-19-2012, 09:26 AM

Logged from home, first time in 5 months. Told the service provider to fix up my line speed that I am paying fo. change the port at the exchange and give 5 months of line rental credit. Got 3 months of credit, and I can log in. Will now check video speed.

Cheers!!!! Really have a drink with me to celebrate.

Edmund
Old 04-19-2012, 09:39 AM

ORIGINAL: Edmund2

Logged from home, first time in 5 months. Told the service provider to fix up my line speed that I am paying fo. change the port at the exchange and give 5 months of line rental credit. Got 3 months of credit, and I can log in. Will now check video speed.

Cheers!!!! Really have a drink with me to celebrate.

Edmund

Yay!!

Glad you can log in and hope you can see my very important viddys as they are integral to your day to day life listening to my aweful blather!

b
Old 04-19-2012, 10:01 AM

O yeah, just watched your prophetic words about drilling a planker into the ground. Download speed still slow but man now I don't have to wait for a Monday morning to do catchup. Off to watch Sons of Guns, my other vice in life.

Edmund
Old 04-19-2012, 10:29 AM

ORIGINAL: Edmund2

O yeah, just watched your prophetic words about drilling a planker into the ground. Download speed still slow but man now I don't have to wait for a Monday morning to do catchup. Off to watch Sons of Guns, my other vice in life.

Edmund

Be careful Edmund as my blather will rot your mind!

Son's of Guns is AWESOME as is [link=http://www.history.com/shows/top-shot]Top Shot!!![/link]

Amazing stuff!

As for me......little brown packages have started to arrive!

Having the "G-Meister" there to sign for my packages is wonderful!

Helisurgery tonite guys!!

Best to all!

b

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.