Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
 HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part II >

HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part II

Community
Search
Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part II

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2012, 05:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part II

ORIGINAL: rikybob

@ ahamay - Glad you had a nice time despite the octogenarians and near fisticuffs! It's really funny that you mention old folks. I don't know what you know about Florida but out of the three main "Sunshine States" in the US (there ARE more but for the sake of argument) between California, Texas and Florida, Florida is still a cheap place to live and enjoy near year 'round sunshine! The bulk of the population in Florida are angry old people. I VOW not to be one as I sincerely believe and know that it shortens your life and when you die, the people you transgressed actually attend your funeral not out of honor, but to make certain that son-of-a-b1tch in the hole, is, in fact, dead!

I said all that, to say this, much of the old folks that retire in our north, come to Florida. Florida is quite literally "Gods waiting room". These are some of the most ill mannered folk I have ever met.

I've been all over the U.S. and the Caribbean and when I poll the locals I ask "who is the worst people you have to deal with" and without missing a beat it is "old New Yorkers", those old folks are literally an embarrassment and the embodiment of the term [link=http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/the+ugly+american]"The Ugly American".[/link]

We have a LOT of cruises out of Florida and typically older folks can afford them so there are a LOT of old folks on cruises. The upside is, is when the sun sets, so do they!

Many regards my virtual pals!
b
Speaking of gods waiting room...the ship can hold 12 on ice plus the two that got off loaded at Darwin and Broome making a total of 14. I did notice an increase in the different types of sausages at the hot breakfast ...hahahaha... just kidding

Old 05-01-2012, 08:35 AM

ORIGINAL: ahamay

@ ahamay - Glad you had a nice time despite the octogenarians and near fisticuffs! It's really funny that you mention old folks. I don't know what you know about Florida but out of the three main ''Sunshine States'' in the US (there ARE more but for the sake of argument) between California, Texas and Florida, Florida is still a cheap place to live and enjoy near year 'round sunshine! The bulk of the population in Florida are angry old people. I VOW not to be one as I sincerely believe and know that it shortens your life and when you die, the people you transgressed actually attend your funeral not out of honor, but to make certain that son-of-a-b1tch in the hole, is, in fact, dead!

I said all that, to say this, much of the old folks that retire in our north, come to Florida. Florida is quite literally ''Gods waiting room''. These are some of the most ill mannered folk I have ever met.

I've been all over the U.S. and the Caribbean and when I poll the locals I ask ''who is the worst people you have to deal with'' and without missing a beat it is ''old New Yorkers'', those old folks are literally an embarrassment and the embodiment of the term [link=http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/the+ugly+american]''The Ugly American''.[/link]

We have a LOT of cruises out of Florida and typically older folks can afford them so there are a LOT of old folks on cruises. The upside is, is when the sun sets, so do they!

b
Speaking of gods waiting room...the ship can hold 12 on ice plus the two that got off loaded at Darwin and Broome making a total of 14. I did notice an increase in the different types of sausages at the hot breakfast ...hahahaha... just kidding [img][/img]

[link=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soylent_Green]Heheheh![/link]

I am the proud owner of 3 Align DS410m's!

I rekon I could have bought 9 [link=http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=10976]922's??[/link]

Naaaaaaah!

b
Old 05-01-2012, 10:28 AM

ORIGINAL: ingleburn

I can always count on you to lighten the mood. At least Ill go to bed laughing rather than with a scowl on my face.
Come to think of it I might return the favour.

[img][/img]

I've pondered this photo and I can honestly say, I DON'T know how to get that MQX safely down!

b
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ro41568.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	62.8 KB
ID:	1757500  
Old 05-01-2012, 10:38 AM

I can always count on you to lighten the mood. At least Ill go to bed laughing rather than with a scowl on my face.

[img][/img]

I've pondered this photo and I can honestly say, I DON'T know how to get that MQX safely down!

b
Geez, is that yours?
<br type="_moz" />
Old 05-01-2012, 11:57 AM

Night flight so the video is lower quality.
This is an all cheap 450 clone.
I`m not trying to hover it, instead I try to make it moving as much as I can in this tight space, so to see if the tail works OK.
It seems it does.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oC6qj_zAU68[/youtube]

Give the video five minutes, it is being processed.

Uses SG90 cyclic, GA-250 gyro, Emax ES9257 tail servo + voltage mod (see my videos), Hobbywing Pentium 30A + Hobbywing 3A UBEC (had the esc already, else I`d buy a 40A and use no UBEC), Esky 002758 Brushless Motor 4200KV + 10T, OrangeRX610 + DX6i, Tarot paddles, Tarot wooden blades, 2200mah 180g li-po, and the rest is the Leaderhobby $9 kit, used the whole kit except the paddles.

Found the problem for the tail heading holding. It was a very slightly bent tail shaft. It was not visible with the tail slider on and the tail blades run smooth, only that at some point the slider did not move so freely when the shaft was spinning, while when it was stationary or spin at low speed the servo torque passed this problem.
The tail blades had made a light contact in the past, were slightly scratched.
I replaced the whole tail unit just in case as the new one uses bearings than a bushing.

Still Ilike the $9 kit + ebay 450 Sport head &amp; tail much better. It is the newer design of the Sport head that makes the difference. Less twitchy, easier to control.
I`ll see what I can do to set this one in radio settings to be less twitchy.

PS. I have progressed in hovering. At the afternoon that wind was crazy I made some runs and although the tail was not holding at all I managed to get it going.
Next is a forward flight.

Spiros
Old 05-01-2012, 12:56 PM

<p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size: 9pt; line-height: 115%; font-family: Arial, sans-serif; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: white; background-position: initial initial; background-repeat: initial initial; ">Hi All,</span><span style="font-size: 9pt; line-height: 115%; font-family: Arial, sans-serif; ">

<span style="background:white">I agree with Brian's comments about the camaraderie here. The willingness to help others, exchange banter and of course the obligatory blather is compelling. I can honestly say I would not have jumped into the hobby without the support you guys have afforded me.</span>

<span style="background:white">The path I am now on which mirrors the great advice I have got from Rob, Brian, Simon, Phil, Ingleburn, Kozzy etc etc has been invaluable. The interaction with said same suspects is a delight. Going down a structured path of flight simulator, MCPX and then HK450GT cheap builds is really starting to make sense. I have finally been able to fire the DX8 and the Phoenix SIM up. I have only had about an hour SIM stick time after spending a good hour or so understanding the SIM software first.</span>

<span style="background:white">All I can say at the moment is I have crashed at least 100 helicopters and god knows how many people I have killed!</span></span><![if gte vml 1]><v:shapetypeid="_x0000_t75" coordsize="21600,21600" o:spt="75" oreferrelative="t"path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" filled="f" stroked="f"><v:stroke joinstyle="miter" /><v:formulas><v:f eqn="if lineDrawn pixelLineWidth 0" /><v:f eqn="sum @0 1 0" /><v:f eqn="sum 0 0 @1" /><v:f eqn="prod @2 1 2" /><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelWidth" /><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelHeight" /><v:f eqn="sum @0 0 1" /><v:f eqn="prod @6 1 2" /><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelWidth" /><v:f eqn="sum @8 21600 0" /><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelHeight" /><v:f eqn="sum @10 21600 0" /></v:formulas><vath o:extrusionok="f" gradientshapeok="t" o:connecttype="rect" /><o:lock v:ext="edit" aspectratio="t" /></v:shapetype><v:shape id="Picture_x0020_2" o:spid="_x0000_i1026" type="#_x0000_t75"alt="Description: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/fckeditor/editor/images/smiley/msn/regular_smile.gif"style='width:14.25pt;height:14.2 5pt;visibility:visible;mso-wrap-style:square'><v:imagedata src="file:///C:\Users\IAN'SL~1\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\ 01\clip_image001.gif"o:title="regular_smile" /></v:shape><![endif]><![if !vml]><![endif]><span style="font-size: 9pt; line-height: 115%; font-family: Arial, sans-serif; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: white; background-position: initial initial; background-repeat: initial initial; ">The advise on SIM first is absolutely on the money. The amount of damage and cost without SIM I could forsee loosing interest in the hobby very quickly. The path you guys have set me on is amazingly logical. I can see many many hours on the SIM as I try and train my almost 56 year old brain to synchronise my 150 year old thumbs!</span><![if gte vml 1]><v:shape id="Picture_x0020_1" o:spid="_x0000_i1025"type="#_x0000_t75" alt="Description: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/fckeditor/editor/images/smiley/msn/tounge_smile.gif"style='width:14.25pt;height:14.25 pt;visibility:visible;mso-wrap-style:square'><v:imagedata src="file:///C:\Users\IAN'SL~1\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\ 01\clip_image002.gif"o:title="tounge_smile" /></v:shape><![endif]><![if !vml]><![endif]><span style="font-size: 9pt; line-height: 115%; font-family: Arial, sans-serif; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: white; background-position: initial initial; background-repeat: initial initial; "> Before I even get the MCPX out the box. Before I even think about building the first HK450GT. Great advice!</span><span style="font-size: 9pt; line-height: 115%; font-family: Arial, sans-serif; ">

<span style="background:white">Slowly getting over the flu or whatever I came back with. Now got tradies on the plot tearing bathrooms, laundry and toilets out on route to making over all those areas, so house is like a bomb site. Have just finished a couple of days running around selecting plumbing, tiles and vanity cabinets bits. <o></o></span></span></p><p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size: 9pt; line-height: 115%; font-family: Arial, sans-serif; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: white; background-position: initial initial; background-repeat: initial initial; ">The man cave is slowly taking shape and has a **** load of boxes still be opened and sorted. I am waiting for a desk (my bench) to arrive before setting it up, about a week or so off. I will post up a couple of happy snaps in the next day or so.</span><span style="font-size: 9pt; line-height: 115%; font-family: Arial, sans-serif; ">

<span style="background:white">In the meantime I continue to soak up the knowledge here and enjoy engaging with all you nice blokes!</span>

<span style="background:white">Best to all,</span>

<span style="background:white">Ian</span></span><o></o></p>
<br type="_moz" />
Old 05-01-2012, 01:19 PM

ORIGINAL: sgbfly

[img][/img]

b
Geez, is that yours?
Hahaha no its not mine, but a picture someone on another forum posted. To be honest the only way I see to get it down is with a tennis ball and hope the damage isnt to great. Or pay the electricity company to get it down.

Old 05-01-2012, 01:39 PM

Spiros now I am confused - There are ball linkages going from the flybar cage to the part above the swash (don't know whats it called).Do they have to be equal in length because my linkages going from the flybar cage to the blade grips have very little diference now that my blades are near-tracked.
Old 05-01-2012, 01:54 PM

ORIGINAL: fleetz

<p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size: 9pt; line-height: 115%; font-family: Arial, sans-serif; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: white; background-position: initial initial; background-repeat: initial initial; ">Hi All,</span><span style="font-size: 9pt; line-height: 115%; font-family: Arial, sans-serif; ">

<span style="background:white">I agree with Brian's comments about the camaraderie here. The willingness to help others, exchange banter and of course the obligatory blather is compelling. I can honestly say I would not have jumped into the hobby without the support you guys have afforded me.</span>

<span style="background:white">The path I am now on which mirrors the great advice I have got from Rob, Brian, Simon, Phil, Ingleburn, Kozzy etc etc has been invaluable. The interaction with said same suspects is a delight. Going down a structured path of flight simulator, MCPX and then HK450GT cheap builds is really starting to make sense. I have finally been able to fire the DX8 and the Phoenix SIM up. I have only had about an hour SIM stick time after spending a good hour or so understanding the SIM software first.</span>

<span style="background:white">All I can say at the moment is I have crashed at least 100 helicopters and god knows how many people I have killed!</span></span><![if gte vml 1]></p><p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size: 9pt; line-height: 115%; font-family: Arial, sans-serif; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: white; background-position: initial initial; background-repeat: initial initial; ">The man cave is slowly taking shape and has a **** load of boxes still be opened and sorted. I am waiting for a desk (my bench) to arrive before setting it up, about a week or so off. I will post up a couple of happy snaps in the next day or so.</span><span style="font-size: 9pt; line-height: 115%; font-family: Arial, sans-serif; ">

<span style="background:white">In the meantime I continue to soak up the knowledge here and enjoy engaging with all you nice blokes!</span>

<span style="background:white">Best to all,</span>

<span style="background:white">Ian</span></span><o></o></p>
Its always good to help someone new as we were helped here when we started. Before I found this thread I had just about given up on helis.
When I first started on the sim I wondered how I was ever going to fly these things but it does get easier. Just try to use it like you are using your own heli and every crash is costing you time and money.
What I did notice is that the stock 450 on the sim flies way more agressive than you will set up yours to learn. Someone on here told me to go into the model setup and change the control expo for Ail and Ele to 85% and that will give you a more realistic setup.
JUst fired mine up then and it is pretty close to perfect at 85%. I have mine setup to 18% but only because Im used to it and want to learn a bit more control.
The joys of renovating! I love the smell of dust in the morning. Been there done that with my house but as I was the builder it took longer as I was working as well.
Make sure the mancave is priority #1

Old 05-01-2012, 02:15 PM
My Feedback: (7)

Howdy everyone! Had a great time at the air show with Bryan and his family.
Had to leave early was'nt feeling well here is a short video of some of the flying.
By the way Patty Waggstaff is flying a extra 300s not 300c.
Have to go cut the yard  Hugh
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJjmHqGZ_8o[/youtube]
Old 05-01-2012, 02:25 PM

Kozzy, normally you start setting the pitch (head setup, 0 degrees mid stick and equal at positive and negative, the later involves the swashplate height) while you have all linkages the same length per pair.
Have you started this way?
If so then was there any big difference in pitch between the two blades? Watch the pitch on both blades while having each one blade pointing at the same point when you watch the pitch. Eg, pointing to the tail and parallel to the tail boom.
If there was a big difference, say 2 degrees or even more, then sure something is not OK.

You can make a small adjustment on the longest head linkages. To correct a small pitch difference, like half degree or up to one degree.
If you need more then adjust the smallest ones (blade grip).
Do not adjust the ones you tell. Make them equal.

But it would be better if your head/blades was right. It would go straight with all the linkages the same and most importantly the mechanical mixing would be right.
This is the right thing. Making adjustments is more like trying to fix a pipe with a gum.
A very small pitch difference still may be present if you use the adjustable linkages instead of the HS1300 which are fixed length, as the linkages most of the time cannot be exactly the same length. It is OK to have a small difference to correct in this case as it is even more complicated with the present of the adjustable linkages and their lack of being exactly the same.

I would start again, setting linkages the same, watch both blades pitch, watch the blades themselves as I had said in my previous post, then if not OK I would try to spot where the fault is. Something is not OK.

Old 05-01-2012, 02:28 PM

ORIGINAL: hugj

Howdy everyone! Had a great time at the air show with Bryan and his family.
Had to leave early was'nt feeling well here is a short video of some of the flying.
By the way Patty Waggstaff is flying a extra 300s not 300c.
Have to go cut the yard Hugh
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJjmHqGZ_8o
Sorry you arent feeling well and had to leave early. Always wanted to go see an airshow but never got around to it.
Now that I think about it I should go do my yard but theres helis to fly today so it can wait.
Hope your feeling better soon.

Old 05-01-2012, 02:50 PM

Hi Ingleburn,

Why not contact the electricity authority as see if they would send a truck out without cost? I suspect the answer is not what you will want to hear, but you wouldn't want to die wondering. You never know you may speak to a RC hobbist!

Failing which a pair of wooden chopsticksthat are bloody long....

Regards,

Ian

@ ahamay - Glad you had a nice time despite the octogenarians and near fisticuffs! It's really funny that you mention old folks. I don't know what you know about Florida but out of the three main "Sunshine States" in the US (there ARE more but for the sake of argument) between California, Texas and Florida, Florida is still a cheap place to live and enjoy near year 'round sunshine! The bulk of the population in Florida are angry old people. I VOW not to be one as I sincerely believe and know that it shortens your life and when you die, the people you transgressed actually attend your funeral not out of honor, but to make certain that son-of-a-b1tch in the hole, is, in fact, dead!

I said all that, to say this, much of the old folks that retire in our north, come to Florida. Florida is quite literally "Gods waiting room". These are some of the most ill mannered folk I have ever met.

I've been all over the U.S. and the Caribbean and when I poll the locals I ask "who is the worst people you have to deal with" and without missing a beat it is "old New Yorkers", those old folks are literally an embarrassment and the embodiment of the term [link=http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/the+ugly+american]"The Ugly American".[/link]

@ Rob - Sage advice! Glad to have ya back and look forward to viddys!

@ Ingleburn - what a lovely fleet! I likey the blue!

@ Kozzy - Looking forward to your progress!

@ Phil - Sage advice as well. The game HAS changed with the advent of the MCP X. That Align head IS impressive! I trust you made it home safely??

@ Spiros - Glad you got some time in the air and I hope you get more!

@ All - Speaking of time in the air. I step outside and the "G-Meister" (Wifes mom) grabs me for a "honey do". I think there IS a concerted effort to prevent me from schickt time![:@][:@] After I replaced the bulb in her tail light the wind picked up to it's customary 30kts![:'(]

Got hosed yesterday re: going to LHS so off to it for the Aligns DS410m's, some name brand main bearings and some blades for the MQX!

b

Old 05-01-2012, 03:49 PM

ORIGINAL: sgbfly

[img][/img]

b
Geez, is that yours? [img][/img]
<br type=''_moz'' />

Nah, all the utilities lines in my neighborhood are underground!

It's a funny Ingleburn posted, poached from another forum!

b
Old 05-01-2012, 03:53 PM
My Feedback: (1)

@ aircrash,

oldfrog here, I just want to thank you again for the programing link for the Fly-Sky CT6B
transmitter. I did get everything working now. This weekend I'll finish the fine tuning of
the rudder servo. After printing the manual off and having it placed in a binder, it
makes for really good reading material as well.

Just in passing...tonight I switched another Fly-Sky CT6B transmitter from mode (1) to
mode (2) and smoothed the throttle cam on that one, I had read on here that several
people prefer the throttle with-out the caming action so I'll give it a try also. The swapping
around of parts was very easy.

Take care.
</p>
Old 05-01-2012, 04:19 PM

@ Ian - Glad the "lurgy" has subsided and am glad I have most of my renovations completed! Wifey IS eyeballing the master bath but I'm looking at a complete privacy fence in the back yard. Who do you rekon is going to win??

@ Spiros - Glad to see the viddy of you getting the hang of it. When little Spiros allows you must find a green space!

@ Hugh - Great viddy and sorry the "lurgy" found you and hope you get better! Great viddy of Waggstaff and she is a MILF too! When asked about a fellow pilot dying in a crash, the iterview mused that "Well, he died doing what he loved doing and I bet that's the way he wanted to go?" She had a great quote of which I will paraphrase. "Hell I love flying, I don't want to die in a plane crash!" Kinda struck me as funny at the time!

@ Oldfrog - Glad you could glean some knowledge from this band of rabble rousers! Yah, I don't like ANY detent in my throttle!

@ All - I hope to get some build/rebuild time tomorrow PM!

All the best!!

b
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj23766.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	20.6 KB
ID:	1757624   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bw72837.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	21.4 KB
ID:	1757625  
Old 05-01-2012, 04:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi All,

Rob, in answer to the Sydney "Fun Fly",  I'm about to fly out to Hong Kong until next Wed. Hopefully my hotel has free internet as I'm taking the laptop to tune in and get my heli hit from this forum.   But I should be good to get together on Sunday 13 May if that suits all and sundry.  I'll work overtime to have the Gaui X4 built (I havent started at all yet) and we can all witness the maiden.

Best to all my heli mates,

Phil.

PS: Hey Spiros, those helis look like they are set up real well, like military personnel on parade.
PPS Ingleburn, I have a Stihl Air blower that would knock that sucker down in a second.
Old 05-01-2012, 06:26 PM

Hi all, just back from the park after taking the 2 GT's and the MCPX for a run.

GT #1 is still playing up a bit and I think its the servos because I noticed they jittered every now and again. Other than that it was fine but will have to change servos as I dont trust it.

GT #2 was great and back to its old self with no vibrations but seemed a bit sluggish but that was because I flew the MCPX first. The tail was so good that I had to up the gain quite a bit. Started out at 65% and took it to 70% no problems.
Thats when things took a nasty turn. Because I was going up 2% at a time and it still wasnt wagging, after the first battery I upped it another 2%. Not a good idea Im afraid. As soon as it lifted off it got the death wobbles and luckily i hit throttle hold and got it down in 1 piece.
Turned it down to 70% and spent the battery hovering to calm the nerves
Still needs a little bit more but only .5 I reckon and that can wait till next time. Below is the vid for all to see.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRXJh3zv7fs[/youtube]
Old 05-01-2012, 06:35 PM

GT #1 is still playing up a bit and I think its the servos because I noticed they jittered every now and again. Other than that it was fine but will have to change servos as I dont trust it.

GT #2 was great and back to its old self with no vibrations but seemed a bit sluggish but that was because I flew the MCPX first. The tail was so good that I had to up the gain quite a bit. Started out at 65% and took it to 70% no problems.
Thats when things took a nasty turn. Because I was going up 2% at a time and it still wasnt wagging, after the first battery I upped it another 2%. Not a good idea Im afraid. As soon as it lifted off it got the death wobbles and luckily i hit throttle hold and got it down in 1 piece.
Still needs a little bit more but only .5 I reckon and that can wait till next time. Below is the vid for all to see.

Hiya Ingleburn!

I got nervous when I read the above but I see that alls well that ends well1

Thanx for sharing!

b
Old 05-01-2012, 07:23 PM

Forgot to tell you all about the MCPX. Something funny is going on with it and Im hoping 1 of you can help.
It seems to be really underpowered at the moment and strange to fly.
Along with that is that Im not getting the full 4 minutes out of the batteries and the LVC is kicking in before the timer is going off.
Batteries have only had about 10-20 cycles so Im pretty sure its not that. Maybe my frequent crashes has damaged the motor?
Anyhow heres a vid from today. No blather as I was trying to work out what was wrong with it.
Couldnt post the first flight as there were to many swear words in it.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKIxHI2Xeto[/youtube]
Old 05-01-2012, 07:29 PM

Hey Guys,
Finally had a chance to get a flight in today. A complete success... No Crash!
I did get a chance to chase a coyote for a bit. Kind of fun actually!
Video is posting now. Should be ready in a few minutes.

Joaquin

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOulkQLAR0o[/youtube]
Old 05-01-2012, 07:52 PM

ORIGINAL: Tinkman

Hey Guys,
Finally had a chance to get a flight in today. A complete success... No Crash!
I did get a chance to chase a coyote for a bit. Kind of fun actually!
Video is posting now. Should be ready in a few minutes.

Joaquin

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOulkQLAR0o[/youtube]
Good to see you back and flying. Think thats the first time Ive seen a coyote apart from the cartoons.

Old 05-01-2012, 07:56 PM

Good to see you back in the air again... and yes it's a bit scary when that happens especially on an FBL when you've got the chicken dance on the main rotor and the tail feather shaking as well.

Not sure how you've got your radio setup but Inormally had to run a few percent less gain when in idle up due to the higer head speed. If you've got your radio set to have the same gain in both flight modes just keep in mind that the gain might be too much in ID1 if your only adjusting by that amount. You can set the gain seperately for the flight modes. I'm not sure if it's like that default or not.

Jonesy

Old 05-01-2012, 08:17 PM

Oldfrog, good you`ve found the solution. You got further than that modifying the radio. Yes, a smooth throttle stick is better but maybe it is how you have used to.

Brian, little Spiros wants all of my time. As he grows up it is even more difficult but I enjoy it !
I have got some mCPX batteries but still they sit there. That mCPXis easy to carry and could make it to place more easily.
Hey, nice to need only 3 servos. Meaning since you`ve been a good 450 pilot and don`t consume many. I can know how good you feel knowing you deserve it.
Those Align servos aren`t that expensive but as I like to have many models, more than I have now, I would be out of budget even if I was a good pilot too.
I`m so cheap Irepaired the problematic SG90... no, actually Ihad run out of them and did not wanted to take one from another bird. Runs better than the other ones though.
Don`t forget, I`m a car engineer. If I could not fix a servo I could fix nothing. No, those little ba stards are nasty! I was lucky to find the problem.

Phil, I wish they were. I know it is much much easier to fly them if they are nice fliers. The last one was set up (the head) after midnight, little Spiros not around and after I had finished other things to do in the house.
Isaw you`re going to fly to Hong Kong and thought what a long flight. Immediately then I realised it is not for you!

All, I see I have some videos to watch at the afternoon.
Old 05-01-2012, 08:35 PM

ORIGINAL: ahamay

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRXJh3zv7fs
Good to see you back in the air again... and yes it's a bit scary when that happens especially on an FBL when you've got the chicken dance on the main rotor and the tail feather shaking as well.

Not sure how you've got your radio setup but Inormally had to run a few percent less gain when in idle up due to the higer head speed. If you've got your radio set to have the same gain in both flight modes just keep in mind that the gain might be too much in ID1 if your only adjusting by that amount. You can set the gain seperately for the flight modes. I'm not sure if it's like that default or not.

Jonesy

Yeah thats what scares me about a FBL setup, the mega chicken dance. I only fly in IU now so thats where my gains are set. Hang on Ill correct that cause I just checked. On the DX6i gains are the same whether your in normal or IU. Guess you only get to set them differently in better radios.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.