Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
Reload this Page >

HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part IV

Community
Search
Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part IV

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2013, 03:20 AM
ingleburn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part IV

ORIGINAL: ahamay

So last friday whilst installing a new battery I dropped one of the little screws onto the floor. Bend down to pick it up and knocked over a full cup of coffee over my desk at work including mouse keyboard paperwork and most importantly my #16 with the top case off. Not happy Jan (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2akt3P8ltLM) !!

My camera is stuffed but it smells good Might have to lash out and get a mobius...but I'm waiting for Ingleburn to give us the nod on video quality
Oops. Well just got back from a few days away at work and the Mobius is here. If the weather treats me well will get a few vids tomorrow and let you know how it goes.
Most of my night has been spent watching Brians vids so Im ready for a good sleep.
If I can fit both on my cap will do a comparison between both cams.

Old 07-15-2013, 03:23 AM
rikybob

ORIGINAL: ingleburn

So last friday whilst installing a new battery I dropped one of the little screws onto the floor. Bend down to pick it up and knocked over a full cup of coffee over my desk at work including mouse keyboard paperwork and most importantly my #16 with the top case off. Not happy Jan (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2akt3P8ltLM) !!

My camera is stuffed but it smells good [img][/img] Might have to lash out and get a mobius...but I'm waiting for Ingleburn to give us the nod on video quality [img][/img]
Oops. Well just got back from a few days away at work and the Mobius is here. If the weather treats me well will get a few vids tomorrow and let you know how it goes.
Most of my night has been spent watching Brians vids so Im ready for a good sleep.[img][/img]

Noel,

Many thanx for sitting through all my awful viddys.

YOU sir ARE intrepid!!

You win a "pie"!

b
Old 07-15-2013, 03:24 AM
ahamay

My camera is stuffed but it smells good Might have to lash out and get a mobius...but I'm waiting for Ingleburn to give us the nod on video quality
Most of my night has been spent watching Brians vids so Im ready for a good sleep.
I've got two monitors on my computer but I keep feeling the urge to move my youtube window from the left to the right monitor and back when watching Brian's vids
Old 07-15-2013, 03:27 AM
rikybob

My camera is stuffed but it smells good [img][/img] Might have to lash out and get a mobius...but I'm waiting for Ingleburn to give us the nod on video quality [img][/img]
Most of my night has been spent watching Brians vids so Im ready for a good sleep.[img][/img]
I've got two monitors on my computer but I keep feeling the urge to move my youtube window from the left to the right monitor and back when watching Brian's vids [img][/img]
Hehehh!
Here is a fella I somehow started following on Youtube.

He is not particularly engaging (sound familiar) but I watch many of his viddys just the same.

This viddy (beginng) shares my sentiments!

b

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X26DZd1uKFM&feature=em-uploademail[/youtube]
Old 07-15-2013, 04:05 AM
ahamay

Align looks to be set to release a new range of 450's

Old 07-15-2013, 04:30 AM
rikybob

[img][/img] [img][/img]
[img][/img] [img][/img]

[img][/img]
Looks tiny!

b
Old 07-15-2013, 04:34 AM
ahamay

ORIGINAL: rikybob
Looks tiny!

b

Heheheh

Old 07-15-2013, 05:11 AM
rikybob

Hmmmm ordered my KK2 and other sundries on the 6th. Arrived on the 11th in New York any day now??

Wow, I wonder if I'd p i s s the wifey off if I installed the Fu-Bar and did the quad build while on summer vacation?[:@]

Thoughts?[8D]

b

Old 07-15-2013, 05:19 AM
Edmund2

Ausies, sorry about the loss, Blame the first innings. Amahay, should you not be sleeping by now?

Brian, my Mrs would go ape if I do any build like that but do not mind a heli or so when we take the 1875km trip to Namibia in less than 3 weeks time. She knows that I will keep the little boy happy over there. They will be paying us a short surprise visit laterthis week so I will need to have some lipos charged. Just can not spin the 550E up at home and that is waht he would like to see most. It will unfortunately for himtake too much space up so it is not going along to Namibia with us.MCPX and BOL yes.

Edmund
PS, was not so nice watching the World Youth Athletics the last few days knowing that I would have occupied the seat at the take-off plank at the long and tripple jump.

Old 07-15-2013, 05:39 AM
rikybob

ORIGINAL: Edmund2

Ausies, sorry about the loss, Blame the first innings. Amahay, should you not be sleeping by now?

Brian, my Mrs would go ape if I do any build like that but do not mind a heli or so when we take the 1875km trip to Namibia in less than 3 weeks time. She knows that I will keep the little boy happy over there. They will be paying us a short surprise visit later this week so I will need to have some lipos charged. Just can not spin the 550E up at home and that is waht he would like to see most. It will unfortunately for him take too much space up so it is not going along to Namibia with us. MCPX and BOL yes.

Edmund
PS, was not so nice watching the World Youth Athletics the last few days knowing that I would have occupied the seat at the take-off plank at the long and tripple jump.

Wow Edmund,

I don't thing I have EVER drive 1165miles, EVER!

You are intrepid sir!

Yah, carrying the MCP X and a crash kit anlong with the red/blue Nirvana II sailboats as there is a LOVELY lake near where we are staying!

All the best!

b
Old 07-15-2013, 05:54 AM
Edmund2

Third time we will be doing that trip but we do sleep over in Botswana as there is no way we can make it to the north of Botswana, then through the border post there in daylight and still have to do a 30km trip at 30km per hour through a game reserve in daylight. 

Much rather drive throught there slowly and watch the Sable, Roan antelope and many eliphant on the slow drive. There is an abundance of game as it is where the Okavango Swamps are loceted about 2 clikcs to the right. 

As for a boat I will be doing some fishing from my son's 22ft boat. Tiger fish country that.

Edmund
Old 07-15-2013, 05:56 AM
mnemennth

Jonesy -

Sorry to hear about your #16. I'll offer a suggestion; as I've seen more than a few of these resurrected.

Unplug the battery and the photosensor; make sure you close the catch on the ribbon cable socket. Drop the mainboard in a clean bowl full of distilled water, let it sit for a few minutes. Then take a clean toothbrush and scrub the PCB gently with the distilled water. once you've gone over the entire board at least twice, rinse it all with fresh distilled water. Set it someplace like in front of a fan where it will receive warm, dry airflow for a couple days to make double-damn sure it is dry before you reassemble and try it again.

If you got coffee on your ribbon cable, you can clean that VERYcarefully; make sure not to pull on the ribbon where it attaches at the photosensor. You can clean the contacts on the ribbon safely, but if you get more moisture in the lens/photosensor assembly, you're likely to cause more harm than good. The case and battery you can safely clean with tap water. I've seen a number of people resurrect their cameras; the mainboard itself is pretty durable. You should be able to bring it back to life, or at worst, need to replace the photosensor assembly.

Looks like Align stole Tarot's easy-open design for the tail; and the HDX450 chassis arrangement for battery and ESC. I like the rotating mass of the motor up higher, closer to the rotor disc, and the helical drive gears. Oh... they finally went back to rear-mounted elevator too, so servo maintenance will be easier. I bet they're designing around a 6s powerplant, too. They STILLwon't give up that Ifni-slucking POSidler gear drive on the tail though...

Hey Brian - that guy's viddy make you want to become a Cub Brother, does it?

mnem
*Off to work*

Old 07-15-2013, 06:15 AM
rikybob

Third time we will be doing that trip but we do sleep over in Botswana as there is no way we can make it to the north of Botswana, then through the border post there in daylight and still have to do a 30km trip at 30km per hour through a game reserve in daylight.

Much rather drive throught there slowly and watch the Sable, Roan antelope and many eliphant on the slow drive. There is an abundance of game as it is where the Okavango Swamps are loceted about 2 clikcs to the right.

As for a boat I will be doing some fishing from my son's 22ft boat. Tiger fish country that.

Edmund

I recall the trip from the past and looked up places that you go through and were you end up!

My imagination runs wild!

Safe passage on your trip!

b
Old 07-15-2013, 06:22 AM
rikybob

ORIGINAL: mnemennth

Jonesy -

Sorry to hear about your #16. I'll offer a suggestion; as I've seen more than a few of these resurrected.

Unplug the battery and the photosensor; make sure you close the catch on the ribbon cable socket. Drop the mainboard in a clean bowl full of distilled water, let it sit for a few minutes. Then take a clean toothbrush and scrub the PCB gently with the distilled water. once you've gone over the entire board at least twice, rinse it all with fresh distilled water. Set it someplace like in front of a fan where it will receive warm, dry airflow for a couple days to make double-damn sure it is dry before you reassemble and try it again.

If you got coffee on your ribbon cable, you can clean that VERY carefully; make sure not to pull on the ribbon where it attaches at the photosensor. You can clean the contacts on the ribbon safely, but if you get more moisture in the lens/photosensor assembly, you're likely to cause more harm than good. The case and battery you can safely clean with tap water. I've seen a number of people resurrect their cameras; the mainboard itself is pretty durable. You should be able to bring it back to life, or at worst, need to replace the photosensor assembly.

Looks like Align stole Tarot's easy-open design for the tail; and the HDX450 chassis arrangement for battery and ESC. I like the rotating mass of the motor up higher, closer to the rotor disc, and the helical drive gears. Oh... they finally went back to rear-mounted elevator too, so servo maintenance will be easier. I bet they're designing around a 6s powerplant, too. They STILL won't give up that Ifni-slucking POS idler gear drive on the tail though...

Hey Brian - that guy's viddy make you want to become a Cub Brother, does it? [img][/img]

mnem
*Off to work*

Yeppers,

I mirror Mnem's sentiments but would add the question my father always asks, "Did you have sugar in it?" that conductivity that it brings to the table can burn stuff up!

Good luck on the resurrection !

As for me, I really, really look forward to getting [link=http://www.flitetest.com/articles/e-flite-apprentice-s-15e]this[/link]this perhaps in the spring!

b

Old 07-15-2013, 10:09 AM
Ddaddy

Hmmmm ordered my KK2 and other sundries on the 6th. Arrived on the 11th in New York any day now??

Wow, I wonder if I'd p i s s the wifey off if I installed the Fu-Bar and did the quad build while on summer vacation?[:@]

Thoughts?[8D]

b

At this point I doubt it. And if you do, just get her some Jean-Luc time

New 450
Like the canopy, like the motor placement. The battery placement is aweful...unless you like taco's! A rearranged pro still lacking in mounting locations imo.

Oh, and I like to use alcohol IF I ever need to clean a snafu after distilled water, a little better solvent and dispersies the water quicker.
Old 07-15-2013, 01:23 PM
ingleburn

ORIGINAL: mnemennth

Jonesy -

If you got coffee on your ribbon cable, you can clean that VERYcarefully; make sure not to pull on the ribbon where it attaches at the photosensor. You can clean the contacts on the ribbon safely, but if you get more moisture in the lens/photosensor assembly, you're likely to cause more harm than good. The case and battery you can safely clean with tap water. I've seen a number of people resurrect their cameras; the mainboard itself is pretty durable. You should be able to bring it back to life, or at worst, need to replace the photosensor assembly.

Looks like Align stole Tarot's easy-open design for the tail; and the HDX450 chassis arrangement for battery and ESC. I like the rotating mass of the motor up higher, closer to the rotor disc, and the helical drive gears. Oh... they finally went back to rear-mounted elevator too, so servo maintenance will be easier. I bet they're designing around a 6s powerplant, too. They STILLwon't give up that Ifni-slucking POSidler gear drive on the tail though...

Hey Brian - that guy's viddy make you want to become a Cub Brother, does it?

mnem
*Off to work*

Yeah Iresurrected a laptop that way after my son spilled a cup of milk in it. Make sure you use distilled water and I used this afterwards.
If your lense is stuffed I have a spare at home you can have.

Old 07-15-2013, 01:24 PM
ingleburn

Thoughts?[8D]

b

Go on do it. I dare you.

Old 07-15-2013, 01:36 PM
ingleburn

Third time we will be doing that trip but we do sleep over in Botswana as there is no way we can make it to the north of Botswana, thenthrough the border post there in daylight and still have to do a 30km trip at 30km per hour through a game reserve in daylight.

Much rather drive throught there slowly and watch the Sable, Roan antelope and many eliphant on the slow drive. There is an abundance of game as it iswhere the Okavango Swamps are loceted about 2 clikcs to the right.

Edmund
Sounds like a great trip. Much better than sitting on a seat at the long jump pit.

Old 07-15-2013, 05:26 PM
mnemennth

Brian...

Maybe if you sit at the dinner table and vibrate, glancing obviously at your parts pile for a couple nights... then make sad puppy eyes and promise "only an hour mrrrfleor2mrrffle a night" she'll have mercy on your poor hacker soul...

mnem
Worked fer me.
Old 07-15-2013, 07:56 PM
ingleburn

Just back from testing the Mobius and while Im impressed with the video quality they have some work to do on the FW.
The colours arent quite right and the contrast and brightness need some work. It was a dull day but the #16 showed more real life colours and the contrast was better.
720p 60 fps gave me the best FOV but the file size was over double that of 1080p 30 fps which was similar to that of the #16. A 6.5 min video was 640mb.
Im sure the developers will sort the FW out in time and then it will be great. It will be interesting to see what videos will look like on a sunny day.
Going to use it as a dash cam tomorrow to see how that goes.
Also might see how 720p 30 fps looks as well.
Videos are uploading now but they might take a while.

1. 720p 60 fps
2. 1080p 30 fps
3. #16 cam as a comparison.
4. Special one for Brian.
5. Mcpx BL with a crash at the end.

Old 07-15-2013, 08:34 PM
ingleburn

I thought I would post a few screen shots from the cams to show the different FOV and colours. The #16 colours are pretty close to real life so you can see the difference in the Mobius.
1. Mobius 720p 60 ffs
2. Mobius 1080p 30 fps
3. #16 cam
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ro41756.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	114.2 KB
ID:	1900943   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fa86573.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	91.3 KB
ID:	1900944   Click image for larger version

Name:	In27113.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	93.5 KB
ID:	1900945  
Old 07-15-2013, 08:53 PM
ahamay

Just back from testing the Mobius and while Im impressed with the video quality they have some work to do on the FW.
The colours arent quite right and the contrast and brightness need some work. It was a dull day but the #16 showed more real life colours and the contrast was better.
720p 60 fps gave me the best FOV but the file size was over double that of 1080p 30 fps which was similar to that of the #16. A 6.5 min video was 640mb.
Im sure the developers will sort the FW out in time and then it will be great. It will be interesting to see what videos will look like on a sunny day.
Going to use it as a dash cam tomorrow to see how that goes.
Also might see how 720p 30 fps looks as well.
Videos are uploading now but they might take a while.

1. 720p 60 fps
2. 1080p 30 fps
3. #16 cam as a comparison.
4. Special one for Brian.
5. Mcpx BL with a crash at the end.
I ended up ordering a Mobius after my little coffee incident with my #16. I'll use it as a dash cam when I'm not using it for rc blather. They do look a bit oversaturated but I'm sure that will be software configurable soon enough. I was for ever trying to boost the saturation on my #16 to make it more appealing to the eye. The #16 just looked a bit morbid without a bit more colour.

Old 07-15-2013, 08:57 PM
ahamay

Amahay, should you not be sleeping by now?

Yes your quite right but I'm a bit of a night owl anyways and it's the only time I can get anything done after my little one goes to bed.... which can be anywhere from 7pm till 10pm at the moment (8 months old).

I blame Brian mostly..... he seem to have an endless supply of batteries for his helis and also his #16 camera.

Old 07-15-2013, 11:06 PM
ingleburn

Yes your quite right but I'm a bit of a night owl anyways and it's the only time I can get anything done after my little one goes to bed.... which can be anywhere from 7pm till 10pm at the moment (8 months old).

I blame Brian mostly..... he seem to have an endless supply of batteries for his helis and also his #16 camera.

I was always a night owl when my kids were little. Used to sit there and enjoy the peace and quiet.
Now the little buggers are older they stay up later than me and I never get any peace.

Hope you have a quick internet connection cause the videos coming are huge.

Heres a little preview.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8XiXmodUr8[/youtube]

Old 07-16-2013, 02:09 AM
rikybob

I blame Brian mostly..... he seem to have an endless supply of batteries for his helis and also his #16 camera. [img][/img]

I was always a night owl when my kids were little. Used to sit there and enjoy the peace and quiet.[img][/img]
Now the little buggers are older they stay up later than me and I never get any peace.[img][/img]

Hope you have a quick internet connection cause the videos coming are huge.

Heres a little preview.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8XiXmodUr8[/youtube]

Aaaaaccckkk! You set it as private!!

b

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.