Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
Reload this Page >

HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part IV

Community
Search
Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part IV

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2013, 02:23 AM
rikybob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part IV

@ Mneneeth - I even thought about the virtues of poking my bottom lip out too but alas we will be in my "dirt yacht" and there are space restraints. I am however, going to disassemble the sailboats and carry them along with the MCP X. I will have guests coming an going the whole time so's I'm interested if I get use out of the toys I'm bringing to begin with!

@ Ingleburn - Thanx for the mini review! Yah, I went on the Mobius page last night b/c I was bored and there was TF again being NASTY to folks. This poor Irishman! I went to be last night hoping a safe would fall on his head like the Road Runner and Coyote cartoons. Cool thing about those personalities are that (I have seen this) is that they die alone and miserable. Looking forward to yer viddys!!

@ Jonesy - Heheh. I just have a short time window to fly, generally on or two mornings a week. I do however have the propensity to blather on the odd occasion though! It's funny, when allowed my wife and I have a natural "clock" that puts us asleep by midnight and up around 0700 hr. ITRW of work and responsibilites we are up around 0530 and asleep by 2200. Congrats on the Mobius purchase. I'm going to have to let the wallet cool down a bit. I still have a "Tinkman" #16 500 size mount and will mount that under the Flamewheel and see how that goes!

Last work day for 13 glorious days!!

WOOT!

b
Old 07-16-2013, 02:30 AM
Rob2160

ORIGINAL: ahamay

Align looks to be set to release a new range of 450's

Wow, nice looking helis... I wonder how long before HK release their version?

Great to see this thread is powering along.. Still flying helis occasionally but caught up with work aspects of life way too much these days.

Lurk more than I post but great to see all having fun and making phenomenal progress.

Old 07-16-2013, 02:39 AM
ahamay

ORIGINAL: Rob2160

Great to see this thread is powering along.. Still flying helis occasionally but caught up with work aspects of life way too much these days.
Lurk more than I post but great to see all having fun and making phenomenal progress.
Hi Rob, good to hear from you again. There are some interesting changes on those new Align 450's. I'm no sure why they would be using a metal tail control rod instead of a CF one.

Tarot CAD engineers are just sending the drawings for the clone parts to the mill as we write this.... HK won't be far behind them

Old 07-16-2013, 03:23 AM
ingleburn

ok after nearly blowing my internet cap for this month here are the vids. Sorry about the first one that was marked private.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctNxje23_sk[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1xRbmLrzCI[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCrDhkLnnaE[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsRQ5LmBSTk[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8XiXmodUr8[/youtube]
Old 07-16-2013, 03:31 AM
ahamay

ORIGINAL: ingleburn

ok after nearly blowing my internet cap for this month here are the vids. Sorry about the first one that was marked private.
There's still a significant increase in the quality even after uploading to youtube with the mobius. There we go... I just justified my mobius order

Old 07-16-2013, 03:57 AM
rikybob

Narcolepsy Slow Stick viddy.....watching in my work truck LITERALLY made me laugh!!

Comments on vids in chron order below!

DATA CAP???!!!?? Acccccccck!!! That WON'T do!

fish tanking - Yeppers......I LOVE it!!! (A lile jealous of you knot heads though I might add)

5th wheel cleaning makes me happy! It make the rig look nice and you find any maint. that needs to be done prior to road trip!

viddy # 2 Out of blather....heheh....nary a problem on my side! I DON'T hate the fish eye on this cam at all!

Re: Quads....yep they are a commin!! Even Align is getting into the act. No, I want to build mine for a number of reasons. I like to learn intrinsically. I WILL have to rebuild even with the "store bought ones" when I crash and eventually I will be using FPV and a custom rig is cheaper and more versitile (for now)!

Grrrrr Re: Flip before 500! Come ON! You'll LOVE it!

Good point re: Youtube "Murdering" the viddy quality and the lack of need. I am heading toward FPV so I'm carfully watching!

GREAT inverted!

Great MCP X Blather and flyin'!! I LOVE mine with the BL upgrade!! It's the performance it's MEANT to have! It IS an engineering MARVEL!

Bustin' my balls re: inverted are we??? Don't make me go to the SIM and then to the "Tall grass"!!

Thanx for the flip lesson!! Perhaps I DO need to get on the SIM for just a bit????

Great viddys and fantasic Blather!

I tell my friends ITRW about you guys and they are always amazed at the modern version of "Pen Pals"!

Many, many thanx for sharing!!!

b

Old 07-16-2013, 09:12 AM
rikybob

Welcome new guy!

b
Old 07-16-2013, 09:37 PM
mnemennth

I'm not minding the over-saturated colors (yes, I see it, but I like it better) so far on the vids I've seen, including yours ingleburn. Have you updated the firmware?Latest version corrects FOVdefault in 720 60FPS, and fixes a fault where it would shoot 30FPS& double-frame it.

Guess I'm gonna HAVEto get the Duminat0r... to have something to put in THESE (yes, 2 more) which just arrived today:

http://www.helidirect.com/mini-heli-...450-p-4977.hdx

Really; 2 of them cost $38 shipped. Cheap to put your parts bins in.

l8ers,

mnem
I owe, I owe, so off to work I go...

Old 07-16-2013, 10:56 PM
ahamay

ORIGINAL: mnemennth

Really; 2 of them cost $38 shipped. Cheap to put your parts bins in.
They look small
Old 07-16-2013, 10:59 PM
ingleburn

I'm not minding the over-saturated colors (yes, I see it, but I like it better) so far on the vids I've seen, including yours ingleburn. Have you updated the firmware?Latest version corrects FOVdefault in 720 60FPS, and fixes a fault where it would shoot 30FPS& double-frame it.

Yes the firmware is the latest. Took it out today for another test but this time turned WDR on. I think it made it to bright but the day was different to yesterday.
Think it will work great on a dull day.

The flight was interesting to say the least. Forgot to reset the timer before I changed models so ended up flying for 7 minutes.
Nice dumb thumb and LVC auto to finish. Lucky it wasnt 30 seconds earlier because I was inverted.
This HK450 is my favourite but in saying that it has Align servos and DFC head and mostly Tarot the rest.

Also used the cam as a dash cam today so will post some screen shots later.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAEy_KMbgpg[/youtube]

Old 07-16-2013, 10:59 PM
Rob2160

ORIGINAL: rikybob

Welcome new guy!

b
What pray tell is Mobius...

Ah.. a wise man once told me.. Google is my friend..

Seriously, Ingleburn, the vids look great.. will have to get up to date on the camera...

Old 07-16-2013, 11:04 PM
ahamay

Welcome new guy!

b

Seriously, Ingleburn, the vids look great.. will have to get up to date on the camera...

Check out this thread. ->http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...1904559&pp=100

Bet you'll open your wallet once you've read about them

Old 07-16-2013, 11:37 PM
ingleburn

Welcome new guy!

b

Hi Rob, nice to see you drop in. See what happens when you hide for so long.
Yeah the camera is good and once they iron out a few bugs it will be great.

Old 07-16-2013, 11:40 PM
ahamay

I definately prefer the 1080 wider angle over the 720. The quality also looks to be degraded on the 720 res. I see there's a huge debate on rcg over how they are sampling the sensor to get the 720. I'm sure someone will make sense of it.
Old 07-16-2013, 11:47 PM
ingleburn

I definately prefer the 1080 wider angle over the 720. The quality also looks to be degraded on the 720 res. I see there's a huge debate on rcg over how they are sampling the sensor to get the 720. I'm sure someone will make sense of it.
All my videos bar one have been 720p. 1080 is to wide and makes the heli seem to far away.

Just saw this on HK. Not going to buy one but you being a RC car guy what do you think?

Old 07-16-2013, 11:53 PM
ahamay

Just saw this on HK. Not going to buy one but you being a RC car guy what do you think?
LOL.... was just checking that out last night. I rekon you can't go wrong for the price. Looks to be a rip off the Hobao Hyper 7. I've got a mate that wants to get into racing. I rekon it would be a good place to start.

Old 07-17-2013, 02:15 AM
rikybob

I'm not minding the over-saturated colors (yes, I see it, but I like it better) so far on the vids I've seen, including yours ingleburn. Have you updated the firmware? Latest version corrects FOV default in 720 60FPS, and fixes a fault where it would shoot 30FPS & double-frame it.

Yes the firmware is the latest. Took it out today for another test but this time turned WDR on. I think it made it to bright but the day was different to yesterday.

The flight was interesting to say the least. Forgot to reset the timer before I changed models so ended up flying for 7 minutes.[img][/img]
Nice dumb thumb and LVC auto to finish. Lucky it wasnt 30 seconds earlier because I was inverted.
This HK450 is my favourite but in saying that it has Align servos and DFC head and mostly Tarot the rest.[img][/img]

Hiya Ingleburn!

My observations are as follows:

1) The color is BEAUTIFUL on the Mobius! The saturation is near perfect! It won't help dreary old England but it makes AU look the way it needs to. Bright and lush!

2) The 500 will NOT be to big for your fields. Look closely as they are only slightly longer and very nicely taller! This makes it WORLDS AWAY easier to fly, see and work on!

3) Your blather is brilliant and I, with great pride hand over the throne to YOU!

1st day of summer vacation and will be pulling the "caravan" in a few hours to it's destination! All the best!!

b
Old 07-17-2013, 03:39 AM
pushinoldrc
My Feedback: (46)

The flight was interesting to say the least. Forgot to reset the timer before I changed models so ended up flying for 7 minutes.[img][/img]
This HK450 is my favourite but in saying that it has Align servos and DFC head and mostly Tarot the rest.[img][/img]

Hiya Ingleburn!

1) The color is BEAUTIFUL on the Mobius! The saturation is near perfect! It won't help dreary old England but it makes AU look the way it needs to. Bright and lush!

2) The 500 will NOT be to big for your fields. Look closely as they are only slightly longer and very nicely taller! This makes it WORLDS AWAY easier to fly, see and work on!

3) Your blather is brilliant and I, with great pride hand over the throne to YOU!

1st day of summer vacation and will be pulling the "caravan" in a few hours to it's destination! All the best!!

b
+1
The storage space required by the 500 will soon be gained by your dissinterest and sales of your 450s
Have a great vacation Brian, and take plenty of video.
B

Old 07-17-2013, 05:00 AM
ahamay

b
When the time is right and you decide to get a 500 I can honestly say you will wish you had done it sooner. You don't really need any more space to fly a 500 over the 450. Your field would be plenty big enough to fang a 500 around the same as you do the 450.... it's just more greacefull and much easier to see.

The 500 was scary as heck the first time I flew it, but so was the 450 when I built it to learn to fly on. I really think it's the visibility and the noise that gets you with the 500. I've just done 50 flights total on my 500 after flying today and I'm hooked on it big time... I can't get enough of it. I've been out every day this week since Sunday.

Old 07-17-2013, 11:56 AM
mnemennth

All my videos bar one have been 720p. 1080 is to wide and makes the heli seem to far away.

The Mobius uses a smaller portion in the center of the sensor in 720p mode; this is why the FOV changes. The argument is the same old one; folks who want to use the camera primarily for FPV and action cam purposes want the wider angle, while those who want to use it for aerial photography dislike the fisheye distortion.

In 1080p, the Mobius has a decent wide angle for FPV. in 720p, it has a decent FOV for aerail photography & cinematography, plus the 60FPS mode really eliminates the jello. I fall in the latter category; I'm not going tro worry about the extra few grams for a 2nd camera dedicated to FPV.

As for the Nitro Buggy... DAMN. $174 DELIVERED to my door. Curse you, HobbyQueen.

Oh and Jonesy - PPPPPPTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!

mnem
Too much junk already... must resist... no nitro!!!
Old 07-17-2013, 12:10 PM
rikybob

Hiya Kidz!

At camp and smuggled in two one meter sailboats and the MCP X BL!

However the wx is NOT cooperating but as you may imagine I'll persevere!

Hobbyking is offering [link=http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__44296__Hobbyking_KK2_0_Multi_rotor_LCD_Flight_Co ntrol_Board_USA_warehouse_.html?utm_campaign=17071 3.USE&utm_content=92005818&utm_medium=email&utm_source=EDM]THIS[/link] local to US customers now so no wait or extra postage!

Hope all is well in YOUR collective worlds!

b
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki20113.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	108.2 KB
ID:	1901504  
Old 07-17-2013, 01:10 PM
mnemennth

Brian -

Sweet. Brings back memories of my time in FL; full-timing it in a 36' Georgie Boy. I got more pinched fingums from thosedamn awnings; but you didn't dare NOTput it down, cuz it instantly made it 10° cooler inside... or at least it seemed that way. Sure helped the AC do its job, in any event.

MYMOBIUSJUSTARRIVED!!! SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

And today is flying club day!!!
I dunno what I'm going to put it on; but I'll find SOMETHING to fly it with!

I'm up to my elbows in "SMALL" heli bags; moving all my tiny helis & quads over to their new home. So far; I have too much space. I like it.

mnem

moo.

Old 07-17-2013, 01:16 PM
ingleburn

Brian -

Sweet. Brings back memories of my time in FL; full-timing it in a 36' Georgie Boy. I got more pinched fingums from thosedamn awnings; but you didn't dare NOTput it down, cuz it instantly made it 10° cooler inside... or at least it seemed that way. Sure helped the AC do its job, in any event.

MYMOBIUSJUSTARRIVED!!! SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

And today is flying club day!!!
I dunno what I'm going to put it on; but I'll find SOMETHING to fly it with!

I'm up to my elbows in "SMALL" heli bags; moving all my tiny helis & quads over to their new home. So far; I have too much space. I like it.

mnem

moo.

Dont forget to take the lens cap off.

Old 07-17-2013, 01:24 PM
ingleburn

Hiya Ingleburn!

b
Thats way to much pressure. Just lend it to me till you come back from holidays.
Got some time off myself now. To bad you live so far away otherwise I might have been tempted to fly over and visit.

Old 07-17-2013, 01:27 PM
ingleburn

b
When the time is right and you decide to get a 500 I can honestly say you will wish you had done it sooner. You don't really need any more space to fly a 500 over the 450. Your field would be plenty big enough to fang a 500 around the same as you do the 450.... it's just more greacefull and much easier to see.

The 500 was scary as heck the first time I flew it, but so was the 450 when I built it to learn to fly on. I really think it's the visibility and the noise that gets you with the 500. I've just done 50 flights total on my 500 after flying today and I'm hooked on it big time... I can't get enough of it. I've been out every day this week since Sunday.

Ok enough out of you. Im copping it enough from Brian. But maybe if you can do a piro flip.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.