Community
Search
Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

T-rex Variants

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2006, 01:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T-rex Variants

I'm new to the hobby and bought a HB CP2 to learn on but I'm sure if I get flying and addicted to the hobby I would look at buying a better heli. My question is that I've seen a lot of different types of Trex available. Is there a guide to the different versions out there? What are the major differences? Just curious as I think it would be a useful resource.
Old 03-01-2006, 02:10 PM
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: T-rex Variants

450X (old obsolete/discontinued/sucks unless it's blinged into XL+/short)

450XL HDE (highly refined plastic version, stretched, MCCPM)
450XL CDE (same as above except ECCPM linkages = capable tx required)
450SE version 1 (100% blinged, carbonfiber/aluminum, ECCPM direct swashplate control)
450SE version 2 (same as above with a couple updates/refinements in the bundled components, slow tail gearing for high headspeed applications)

i would recommend any trex XL or higher.

edit:
forgot to mention, on ANY ECCPM trex (CDE, SE)
3 MATCHED high quality servos are REQUIRED. Since it is all electronic mixing, it relies on all servos to be precise, in synch, and equal with loads. if it's not then either the servos wont last long, or the heli will not move the way it is supposed to on control input.
Old 03-03-2006, 07:53 AM

My 450X is pretty much standard and it doesn't suck at all.
Old 03-05-2006, 04:40 AM

same here
my 450x is very nice infact im selling my other heli'(hummingbird 3D pro)because i like the trex better,ok it might have some upgrades.

take a look at the trex and 3Dpro
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig13522.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	55.9 KB
ID:	420474   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vq51113.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	420475   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vb74079.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	420476  
Old 03-05-2006, 01:45 PM

yeah look at your 450X, it's practically got an SE head which is like $150. just get the XL if you want to go cheap, itll fly perfect out of the box (maybe except the maingear issue that occurs in non SE - cheap fix tho).
Old 03-05-2006, 02:08 PM

jh4db536

i bought it secondhand thats how it came.ive just got a gy401 and a 450th motor on the way..
flys really nice at the moment cant wait to get the 450th and give it a go
Old 03-05-2006, 03:23 PM

What is the average cost to get one of these birds in the air? What would be a cheap cost I guess is what I'd like to know. It would be a long way off I need to get a lot of practice on my HB CP2 first, which doesn't even work right now.
Old 03-05-2006, 03:30 PM

cost is high, but relatively low for r/c heli. youre lookin at about $600 PLUS the misc hardware needed like charger, lipos, tools, etc.

the heli itself is actually inexpensive. the supporting components & hardware is what costs a lot and you cant really reuse any of that stuff from your proprietary CP2 heli

trex XL 160
Tx/Rx + servos is probably like 250
futaba gyro easily 100
align motor & esc 100
SE drivetrain - 25
Old 03-14-2006, 11:58 PM

my first heli was a honey bee cp2. i flew it for a couple months, was able to hover it all day and then started doing some farward flying with it. we started having some crappy weather so i wasn't able to fly the honey bee too much. i knew i wanted an electric heli and my club is full of t-rexs and i had also seen a guy in our club fly his in 20mph winds so i ordered me a t-res xl ccpm. i was use to the ccpm feel from the hb cp2. i got a motor esc combo for $229 it came with the align 420 3200 motor and 25 amp align esc. well the esc smoked so i upgraded to a cc35. i got 3 hitec 55's. futaba 401 gyro, jr r770 pcm receiver. i first put a blue bird 306 on the tail but it just wasn;t fast enough to keep the tail stable. so after some advice i changed to a hitec 50 and it flys great no tail waggle!!!! but in our club we have every type of t-rex. alot of x's a couple xl's all them ccpm and one se. i flew a friends x and i could tell the diffrence in the tail not being as long as my xl. but for this being my first real heli i have been making great progress!!! i can hover it all day long and keep rock solid!!! this past weekend i flew 4 great flights of farward flight and i'm doin great!!!! i got mine about 4 weeks ago and a friend of mine got his the same time we both have the same version and aalmost same gear, it's just he's using a mega motor. but we both have about $650 to $700 inversted in ours!!! just remember to have great quality heli got to spend the extra $!!!!

mike