Community
Search
Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

Testing the Trex

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2006, 06:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Testing the Trex

Probably could have posted this in a different forum but it is Trex specific.

I have my Trex setup and can do some hovering (short). But I am making fine adjustments to get the cyclic and blade pitches set correctly. I have a switch setup on the transmitter that cuts the engine off, but when testing I would like to be able to cut the motor off completely. I have already had one accident with the ESC switching on FULL (my mistake reversed wrong servo) and luckily I had someone there helping who was holding the copter on a table. But when doing changes by myself, I would like the added assurance the thing is OFF.

On gassers it's easy to tell I am new to Elec Helis so I need a little pice of mind
Old 03-16-2006, 11:11 PM

Default RE: Testing the Trex

Unplug the wires to the motor, run all of your tests on the collective and cyclic controls, then power down and plug the motor back in.
I am much more confident in the motor being safely off if I can see that it is unplugged.
Vince
Old 03-17-2006, 07:11 AM

Me to. Only problem is I am going to have to heat shrink the motor wires since they are bare to keep them from touching and shorting out. Right now they are covered with black elec tape.

I saw a post somewhere where someone replaces the ESP with a battery pack in the receiver, SInce the reciever is easier to get to I figured I would try that. ALL of the other controls would work except the mote and ESP..

If that does not work, then I will disconnect the motars and find an easier way to tape them.
Old 03-17-2006, 09:13 AM
My Feedback: (11)

Received 369 Likes on 297 Posts

Either way works. If its the trex SE just heat shrink the bullet connectors up to the edge on the female connector, you don't have to heat shrink them together, that way nothing shorts.

Or you can stick a 4.8 volt reciever battery into any open slot on the reciever.
Old 03-17-2006, 09:52 AM

@barracudahockey

NOw why didn't I think of that... Probably the best way to go anyway. I'll pick up some heat shrink and to that.

THanks..