Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
 Now what!!! Newbie >

Now what!!! Newbie

Community
Search
Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

Now what!!! Newbie

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2006, 04:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Now what!!! Newbie

If it's not one thing it's another. First off I'm new to this hobby and have built and setup the heli with no support. Which has caused me a vast amount of FRUSTRATION!! I followed the Finless videos which were awesome. First flight she hovered nice but I was getting glitches in the servos. With my lack of experience and to much negative pitch at the zero positon I got panicky after a bad glitch and slammed her hard into the ground. Well I replaced the boom and thanks to everyone on these forums fixed the glitch problem (Antenna routining) and learned about pitch curves for use new guys. Well just took her out and hovered it until the battery got low. I was so happy with myself and bragged to the wife. I went to fly the heli later and now the servos just buzz and gyro blinks. There is no response to the control inputs. What did I do Now?!! Did I fry something unknowingly?

Trex 450XL
430L 3550KV Brushless Motor
35amp align ESC
15c 1500mah LIPO
Old 06-19-2006, 05:49 AM

Default RE: Now what!!! Newbie

Did you re-charge the battery?

Sorry to sound dumb, but the cutoff voltage on speed controls to protect your lipo from over discharge is calculated when you first turn it on. If the battery is not fully charged when you first start then it can still be over discharged, even with "protection".

I mention this because you said you "just took her out and hovered it until the battery got low" after you'd repaired it. So I assume the battery was still half charged after your crash..

Lipo batterys are very sensitive to over discharge. I know, I've killed one. (and also to over charging)

Karyn
Old 06-19-2006, 09:46 AM

I'd look into a low battery. The symptoms you describe can be the result of a dead battery.

You might also considering checking into finding some local help. There are heli pilots in San Diego.
[link]http://www.pilotlocator.net/index.php[/link]
Old 06-19-2006, 06:20 PM

Thanks guys, But it's a transmitter. I decided to switch over to my plane and nothing. Bad thing is I can't find my receipt to get the warranty work done. The darn thing is only like 3 months old too. I hope Hitec is has reasonable rates.
Old 06-19-2006, 09:55 PM
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: slbledsoe

Thanks guys, But it's a transmitter. I decided to switch over to my plane and nothing. Bad thing is I can't find my receipt to get the warranty work done. The darn thing is only like 3 months old too. I hope Hitec is has reasonable rates.
They've been quick to respond to my emails and inquiries in the past. Never had to physically deal with returned merchandise though. If their physical service is as good as their virtual one, you should be in good hands .
Old 06-20-2006, 10:52 AM

Contact the verndor where you purchased the Tx and see if they can provide you with a copy of the receipt. My LHS can do this as they keep a list in their computer system of all my purchases.
Old 06-23-2006, 11:03 AM
My Feedback: (2)

hitec optic6 are known to freeze/crash. i heard it's only temporary though.