Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

Tail gets stuck

Old 09-25-2006, 06:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tail gets stuck

Sometimes the tail would get stuck in one position. Meaning the blades of the tail would get stuck in one position unless I turn them. It doesn't go back to the neutral setting. How can i fix this? I might as well go aluminum. So which part should I get?
Old 09-25-2006, 07:11 PM

Default RE: Tail gets stuck

trex 600 or 450?

in either case you need to examine the parts of the system. take the control horn off the servo and see if the rudder movement is free and easy to move to both limits. If it is sticky at the servo end of the control rod then you need to work towards the tail blades. check the control horn at the tail housing to see if it is sticking. if it is free then check the pitch slider, if it is good then check the ball links to the tail grips. If they are reasonable then check the tail grip bearings. If you found the control rod at the servo end easy to move to both limits then maybe somethings wrong with your servo? The Trex 600 has a known problem with the tail grip bearings. Most of them are ok but some have failed and caused the symptoms that you mention.
Old 09-26-2006, 02:10 PM

I apple small amount of purple grease that comes with the package onto the tail rotation rod. Problem solved for the Trex600.
Old 09-26-2006, 08:02 PM

hey not too much greasy just enough for it to be noticed i put i little on mine a while back then it was the grease itself that was getting the tail stuck.
Old 09-27-2006, 01:06 AM

I am talking about the 450 version.
Old 09-27-2006, 01:14 AM
My Feedback: (4)

I had the same problem, some grease or lube of some sort usually fixes the problem, also watch the tail control rod guide, it has a tendency to be tight.