Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
Reload this Page >

new XL HDE owner w/ swashplate question

Community
Search
Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

new XL HDE owner w/ swashplate question

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2006, 03:10 PM
drphoto

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new XL HDE owner w/ swashplate question

I just got my XL HDE kit. I read somewhere that the stock swashplates have a tendency to come apart. Has this issue been fixed? Mine says 'new lightweight swash'. I'd spend the $40 or so for all metal if that would prevent an inflight failure.

Also, a sort of embarassing question about the canopy. Do you cut out the 'wind screen' hole and then attach the window, or are you guys just putting the tinted plastic part over the canopy for decoration? Or is it user choice to go either way?
Old 10-25-2006, 08:03 PM
drtmind01

Default RE: new XL HDE owner w/ swashplate question

they said that cuz the put pressure and noticed it could come off but come on just imagine how much pressure they had to put to take it appart, nways if it could do that why dont even the people who said tht stop using it... it works great and trust me it wont come appart on flight.
Old 10-25-2006, 08:46 PM
WhtBronco

Lots of guys had the swash come apart in flight. I broke my kit included swash trying to seperate it. I highly suggest you check it with a 7/16" socket under it. Don't push real hard, but check it. Some of the swashes must not have been glued well.

Yes the newest of the Align aluminum swash plates have fixed this problem. The units with Align printed on them, IIRC, have been corrected by rolling the upper half of the swash under the lower half. I ended getting the finally fixed aluminum swash since mine broke in flight. It did not seperate, but rather where a ball link was screwed in it cracked and so I replaced it.

I chose not to cut out the windshield at all, and didn't bother with the flimsy tinted window. Heck the canopy is flimsy enough as it is and so I chose not to weaken it further.
Old 10-26-2006, 01:07 AM
rcboosted

According to Bob's video you just use your thumb and push into the bottom of the swash firmly. If it comes apart, well, it's junk. If not, you're probably ok. Mine was ok but I got the metal one anyway. Note the new gray metal swash do not have "ALIGN" printed on it.