Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
 Final Stages of...... >

Final Stages of......

Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

Final Stages of......

Old 11-03-2006, 12:09 AM
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Final Stages of......

Im in the final stages of all of my ordering for the T-rex. Thus far i have not skemped on any parts......I wanted to try and get the best of the best within a certain budget. Tonight i will be ordering the Components to complete The bird........The motor and esc. Looking at most of the posts i think that i have decided to go with the cc35 esc, but that will only leave me with about 50 to spend on a motor...ie (430L) is the cc35 worth the extra money starting out because i can get an align 35 esc and 430l combo for 89 dollars. pretty tempting but i want to make sure that i build this heli right. Any other last minute motor suggestions would be appreciated also.

Again.....This is thus far

TREX SA
Futaba 401 gyro
Futaba 9650 digital servo
3 - Hs-65mg servo

I already have a DX6 System
Old 11-03-2006, 04:04 PM

Default RE: Final Stages of......

Do a JGF450 and the CC35 I and a few others here really enjoy the combo, you can get the JFG450 for about 55 dollars.
Old 11-03-2006, 08:52 PM

Go with the CC ESC. They are superior in their programming. The Kontronics are good... (probs. Heavy, rather large, if you love programming to jingle bells knock urself out) With the castle link software you have endless programming right though your comp and it works great. YES they are worth the price.

The NEU motors are great motors if you are looking for one. They do offer one for the T-Rex. Astroflight also has a good motor for the T-Rex. And last but not least..the align motor will work fine. Not the best quality but it works.
Old 11-03-2006, 11:40 PM

I second the JGF 450TH w/cc35 motion. That's my combo and I'm quite happy with it.
They run about $50-55 and occasionally you'll see them on sale for less. It's an outstanding motor, particularly for the price.

I really like the Castlelink for my cc35, but you don't need it to start with. I just hate beep programming, seems like a crazy way to do things in this day and age. It makes a great christmas present too Not that expensive but something you'll really value and enjoy for years. How many lame ties can you say THAT about?
Old 11-04-2006, 12:39 PM

Not too mention the Castle Creations customer service is second to none. I fried my first CC10 ESC due to reverse polarity(idiot) and they replaced it for free even though they knew what I did.

I run the CC35 with 4 digital servos and a 401 gyro, Astro Flight 020 803T motor and 2800+ head speed without any probs. It's been a great setup and both should last for a very long time. Astro motors are not the most powerful or the cheapest, but they generally last forever. Both the ESC and motor are made in the USA as well.

For the money the Align 430 seems okay. It's got plenty of power, but has had some quality issues. You might also consider saving some money before settling for inferior components, but you're on the right track. I'd get a cheap motor before a cheap ESC for sure.