Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
 Setup: DX6 +Trex XL >

Setup: DX6 +Trex XL

Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

Setup: DX6 +Trex XL

Old 11-16-2006, 03:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Setup: DX6 +Trex XL

I followed the very detailed instructions I found on this forum on the procedure to setup the DX6 with the Trex XL. Everything seems to be spot-on except several things work in reverse!!! The blade spins clockwise alright and responds to throttle, but the blade pitch is reversed, the rudder is backwards, etc. So now what ever I want it to do, it does the opposite. I want to go left, she goes right, etc.

FYI: The heli previously flew fine with a Hitec Eclipse7 and Hitec Electron 6 receiver. In case it matters, the servos were and still are Hitec as well. I've tried reversing the servos in the setup mode of the radio, but that doesn't seem to change anything. I'm really stumped.
Old 11-16-2006, 12:56 PM

Default RE: Setup: DX6 +Trex XL

go to ccpm6 (thats controls pitch) if the value is +60 make it -60 or what ever value your using. this will reverse pitch.

For tail spin main blades to the right to make sure tail spins in right direction. If not, turn belt, if so then turn servo on boom or reverse servo but remember that if heli spins on start-up then you will have to reverse gyro too(on top of gyro itself).
Old 11-16-2006, 07:34 PM

Thanks for the reply. Took it to the LHS this morning, something I hate to do, and their heli guy fixed it straight away. He reversed the servos in the radio setup, something I thought I had done, but must not have done correctly. She sings now, time to get some air miles in.....
Old 11-16-2006, 07:40 PM

Good, do you know what was reversed because with dx6 the reversing should be done in the ccpm mode. Not servos.
Old 11-17-2006, 11:37 AM

I followed this setup...and I came out pretty good....
http://www.digimemphoto.com/guides/backguide.htm

but I did break a skid by slamming the bird down....I still had the ratchet in my TX and one click down seemed to be too much for my pitch...in which was wrong as I had negative pitch with zero left stick in normal mode....but that had nothing to do with radio setup...