Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
Reload this Page >

Trex 450se build tips?

Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

Trex 450se build tips?

Old 12-17-2006, 10:47 PM
taylorcoleman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trex 450se build tips?

Hello all. It's exciting to now be part of the Trex forum as a Trex owner. With that said, my Trex is still in the box and I'm looking to get a few tips on putting it together.

I'm usually direction challenged with these sorts of things, and I see that the manual is great with pictures, but absent with step-wise instructions.

So does anyone have suggested links to a more narrative set of build instructions? I found the following link that appears to be somewhat helpful: http://www.littlerotors.com/articles...105/index.aspx

Cheers.
Old 12-18-2006, 12:50 AM
Daddyrabbit54

Default RE: Trex 450se build tips?

Here is one tip: go to Helihobby.com and buy a set of replacement socket head screws in the hardened steel variety, then replace all the stock silver screws. The stock ones are too soft and easily get stripped out at the socket when you try to disassemble the heli.

Daddyrabbit54
Old 12-18-2006, 04:02 AM
Karyn

Use threadlock on ALL metal/metal joints. Any parts that are already assembled, ie. head, tail, etc. take them apart one screw at a time and put threadlock on the screws.

Do not put threadlock onto any screws that go into plastic.
Old 12-18-2006, 05:09 AM
linkadrip

Well if i was starting all over again and had just got my heli i would go here and watch the videos from Bob Finless on www.helifreak.com

All his video are very educational in the construction and complete set up of your heli, you will have to registar with Helifreak to watch his videos but it is well worth it.
http://www.helifreak.com/about12455.html

ORIGINAL: taylorcoleman

Hello all. It's exciting to now be part of the Trex forum as a Trex owner. With that said, my Trex is still in the box and I'm looking to get a few tips on putting it together.

I'm usually direction challenged with these sorts of things, and I see that the manual is great with pictures, but absent with step-wise instructions.

So does anyone have suggested links to a more narrative set of build instructions? I found the following link that appears to be somewhat helpful: http://www.littlerotors.com/articles...105/index.aspx

Cheers.
Old 12-18-2006, 11:56 PM
Dynamic

the tail servo linkage rod is the stupidest thing ever. That gay horizontal wing mount thats supposed to brace it, what the hell is that gay thing. So cut that little hoop brace off and replace the linkage piece with a 3mm carbon rod.

Landing skids...mount them facing the wrong way and it makes the heli more stable. I have a DX7 (no antenna wire) so I can go one better and reverse only 1 giving a super wide stance.

Oh and shorten your wires to the right length or people will think your scared and lazy.
Old 12-19-2006, 11:57 PM
Heli_Harry

Make sure you tighten and use thread lock on the feathering shaft [:-]
Old 12-20-2006, 03:07 PM
taylorcoleman

Thanks all for the tips! Any others, please keep them coming.

Old 01-29-2007, 07:00 PM
glattica

Does anyone know where you can get RED blings parts for the Trex 450 SA. You can find blue anywhere and I have seen a few with RED but I cannot find any. In particular I am looking for RED bump resistant landing gear, tail boom stabilizers with RED links, and the hardward bag with RED bling instead of blue. Can anyone help.!!!
Old 01-31-2007, 04:23 PM
Heli_Harry

I believe the red are from Heli-Max.

Old 02-01-2007, 10:56 AM
endeavor_635650

Do you mean red like this? If so, these are not Trex parts. They are X400/MX400 parts. Although, www.helihobby.com sells Trex parts in several colors, so you may find some there.

Brian
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig12211.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	55.4 KB
ID:	611405  
Old 02-01-2007, 08:11 PM
thermlin

www.rc-tek.com has "Diablo" parts coming for the rex soon. supposed to be very affordable and great quality. id wait it out for these instead of getting MX parts