Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
 Blade Tension Trex450SE >

Blade Tension Trex450SE

Community
Search
Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

Blade Tension Trex450SE

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2007, 11:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blade Tension Trex450SE

Ive done a search here. Also couldnt find anything in the manual apart from a diagram indicating to bolt them on.

How tight should the blades be.

With my 30 Nitro i hold the heli on its side, if they only move down when move it down then up theyre about right.
Does that theory work for the Trex450
Old 02-03-2007, 11:55 AM

Default RE: Blade Tension Trex450SE

ive heard just about everything, but the best advice is loose enough so that they can open up when you spool, but tight enough that theyll hold postition well. that, and youll want them kinda loose for low HS, and tighter for high HS. mine are loose enough so that they move pretty easily if i push them, but they wont move on their own if i let go.
Old 02-03-2007, 02:26 PM
My Feedback: (2)

I am using the wood blades and they seem to fit into the aluminum blade holders very tightly. To get the kind of play you are talking about I would need to bend them open a bit, or file them.
Old 02-03-2007, 05:45 PM

worst thing you can do is bend the grips. youll probably never get good tracking again no matter how careful you are. also, dont bother popping off the plastic things on the blades, youll usually end up breaking the blades, and probably screw something up anyway. the best thing to do is file or sand the plastic parts down evenly on both blades, top and bottom. ive read the old grey/yellow pro woodies dont fit well, and i dont think the black/white ones do either. i think the ones that fit well are the white/red pro woodies, but i could be wrong. either way, the old ones dont fit, and one of the new ones dont.
Old 02-03-2007, 06:59 PM

Thanks,

Ive file down the woodies (plain white given free). The red woodies that came with the kit are fairly tight too. Carbons are loose.

So the woodies can swing easily now. Just need to know how tight to tighten.

It sounds like the 'nitro 30' theory would be about right. Firm but can easily move if a little force is applied.

Strange theyre supplying blades that dont fit. It looks like a third party is making them for Align.
Correction-The carbon blades I recieved were from flying-hobby, woodies are from Align?
Old 02-03-2007, 09:01 PM

wait, i thought i read "pro woods" instead of "woods" sorry! so all those referrals to the color of the blades was talking about the pro woodies from align.
Old 02-04-2007, 07:25 PM

thermlin,

I recieved the red Pro Wood blades. But also some plain Wood blades. They look similar to the Pro Woods but the attachment end is not covered and no writing color on them.
Old 02-05-2007, 12:56 PM

the red ones dont fit well?
Old 02-06-2007, 06:22 AM

Buy the carbon fiber ones...they come with various size spacers so that they actually fit correctly. I've had about 5 crashes with mine....bad crashes...and havn't broke a set, so the price aint that bad. I have seen them break though so they are not industructable. I would imagine that most people only break blades every now and then and its probably worth while to run a good fitting high quaility precisions out of the box balanced carbon blade set.