Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
 tail belt problem >

tail belt problem

Community
Search
Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

tail belt problem

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 01:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tail belt problem

Hi guys, I was just trying on the bench the t-rex450 without blades (good it was on the bench) because I adjusted everything and I wanted to check everything was ok, so, I gave it a try almost full power for a couple of minutes and then the tail belt started to break, it never broke completely but it finished loose and has no tooth and the tail plastic polley apparently it melted!! (the one in the tail, I had a plastic one because in a crash I bent the metal one) has no tooth either....... what happened?????? the tail belt was properly tight. How can I avoid that???? or it's just what happens with the plastic polleys?????? (I still have the metal one as spare with a new shaft). Good it didn't happen on the air!!!!!!!!
Old 10-22-2007, 05:49 PM

Default RE: tail belt problem

Question,

I noticed you have several threads with problems after the hard crash you had, in one thread you mentioned you broke the boom. Your not using the same belt from that harder crash are you?..And when you replaced the boom did you over tighten the belt?
Old 10-22-2007, 06:41 PM

Hello heartofmadness. Yes, the tailboom bent and I replaced it, I used the same belt, it wasn't damaged, sure I tightened again the belt after I replaced the tailboom and I had to get a tail shaft with plastic polley because the LHS didn't have in stock the metal one, I had aproximately 10 flights and today I was trying on the bench just making a general check up and I increased maximum throttle for 2 or 3 minutes and then the tail belt started to strip the teeth but never broke it just finished loose, the plastic polley of the shaft in the tail was melted and the tailboom was really warm..... why???????? was it too tight (because it wasn't loose, I check it before using the heli) or it's that the plastic polley doesn't support 100% throttle for a long time and that is why the SE comes with the metal one???? Thanks.
Old 10-22-2007, 07:38 PM
My Feedback: (1)

100 thottle with no load (blades)...

could you have overspead it?
Old 10-22-2007, 08:15 PM

Ups, yes, it's exactly what I did, 100% throttle no blades, I didn't know that could happen [X(] so, was it that???? sorry, I guess it's the way to learn.
Old 10-23-2007, 04:48 AM

can someone please tell me how long a belt should last my tail blades did hit the ground once then days later the belt fraded .[&o]
Old 10-23-2007, 09:52 PM

I just think, it lasts a long time if you almost never crash or have it all time tight. Also, your flying time and how you fly, too many factors I guess. But I had had 2 crashes with bent tailboom and the tail belt was still good.