Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
 Hey guys, new at this but got some probs.. >

Hey guys, new at this but got some probs..

Community
Search
Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

Hey guys, new at this but got some probs..

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2007, 09:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey guys, new at this but got some probs..

Whatsup everybody? yeah i'm pretty new at flying helicopters but have been flying planes for about 10 years. I acutally just bought a "blackhawk" helicopter with pretty much all T-rex parts. I do have some problems it seems though. I've gotten to where I can hover looking at the tail and the nose but about halfway through my flight, the entire thing starts wobbling from side to side then forward and back. I'm also getting some servo twitches which happen to be on the throttle so it jumps up. i've noticed it doesent do it with a fresh pack but about halfway through...any suggestions at all?? any would be aprriciated!!
Old 10-24-2007, 10:02 PM

Default RE: Hey guys, new at this but got some probs..

could be faulty rx, or faulty ESC. After the esc gets nice and warm/real warm, the bec circuit might be flaking out, send a less than desireable output to power your servo's and rx.

If it is always just that one servo, then i say more likely rx. But the wobble might be all the servo's acting up.

When it starts to do that, land, unplug batter and wait 5 or so minutes. plug back in and try again. Problem gone? Then something is flaking when it gets warm.
Old 10-25-2007, 09:57 AM

Default RE: Hey guys, new at this but got some probs..

I suspect that the battery voltage is dropping and the esc is cutting off power. You should be at least 2100 mah, 15c on the pack