Community
Search
Notices
Tachometer Readings Post your tachometer readings for your motor in here or ask others what they are getting out of their motor/prop combos!

Tach range: ST 90 ringed

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2006, 07:29 PM
happypappy
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Tach range: ST 90 ringed

Just tached my ST G90 Saturday !0/29/06. MAS 13x6, 78F, 65% humidity,77' above sea level, 10% Cool Power. 12,270RPM on the rich side of peak. This engine now has about a gallon through it. Would love to find another muffler for it for more power and am interested in the carb as well but the stock muffler seems to be restrictive so dont want to make one change without the other.
Old 11-01-2006, 12:00 AM
rino
My Feedback: (121)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Tach range: ST 90 ringed

I flew again with the stock carb and the difference with the magnum carb was exactly 1000 RPM. I really need to work on cooling. I am running inside an edge cowl and after a while the motor starts to sag a little. I was running plenty rich so it wasn't that. I think its just not getting the cooling inside the cowl. Maybe the slimline pitts has something to do with it too.

Anyone got any ideas on how to get good cooling in cowl. I could post some pics for ideas?

thx