Notices
Tamiya Monster Trucks Discuss classics all Tamiya Monster trucks from the Clodbuster to the TXT1 and everything in between!

Codbuster help PLEASE.

Old 09-12-2012, 07:40 AM
Lex

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Codbuster help PLEASE.

To make a long story short I recently finished a build on a Super Clodbuster and I'm just setting up the electronics. The problem I have is in the general inconsistency of the dual steering. I get that this is pretty old technology compared to what is now available but I seem to be getting pretty good movement in the rear wheels but the front only wants to turn to one side and not so much in the other directing. I tried adjusting the sevo saver nut tighter then looser but hasn't made much difference. Hoping to hear from someone with Clod knowledge who might be able to shed a little light on the steering set up for these classics of the monster truck world.
Old 09-12-2012, 08:37 AM
The Mad Modder

Default RE: Codbuster help PLEASE.

Have you tried tightening the front servo saver all the way to test whether it's causing the problem? Also be sure that the steering rods running from the center servo horn/wheel are the correct length. The holes in the horn/wheel should point straight to the sides of the truck when the servo is centered.
Old 09-12-2012, 11:39 AM
steed2-inactive

more rear wheel steer is a common problem with the clod and it comes down to the design. First of all you will find the rear wheels steer more going forward and the fronts steer more while in reverse, its the way the truck pulls on the rearward steering wheels(front or rear depending on drive or reverse). first of all, run a nice quality high torque servo, next do you find to center the wheels you have to have your trim all the way to one side. usually when building these trucks the servo horn will not mount centered, either off to one side or the other when the servo is under power and centered with the transmitter and trim centered. If so take your horn andturn it to the next(not quite centered spline) in the opposite direction. I just built two of these and found with all the rods at the manuals length and the servo center i had to have the horn on the spline that positions the upper ball link when looking from above, one spline towards the back of the truck. Now i know you would think that must mean the rods arent right but they are and i double checked. give it a SHOT!! GOOD LUCK.
Old 09-12-2012, 03:01 PM
Lex

Thank you gentlemen I'll give your advise a try, very much appreciated.