Community
Search
Notices
Tamiya Monster Trucks Discuss classics all Tamiya Monster trucks from the Clodbuster to the TXT1 and everything in between!

hows a tamiya tnx..5.2 go

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2008, 07:45 AM
hongnor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hows a tamiya tnx..5.2 go

can someone tell me , if the tamiya tnx 5.2 is any good , i have all truggy ,buggys ,1/5th's just want something for the days when the tracks are closed ..and go down the waste land ... cheers
Old 10-06-2008, 06:35 PM
silverman1

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: hows a tamiya tnx..5.2 go

I have a tamiya .18 TNX, and it is a great truck. I have heard the 5.2 version of this truck is pretty awesome also. The big question with tamiya is parts availability. For all out durability, speed etc I prefer a losi lst 2, but many favor the savages also which comes in many flavors. The same goes for the mgt family. All are sturdy and have good parts availability.

The TNX is great its just the parts resources I question
Old 10-07-2008, 02:26 AM
hongnor

i dont go much on savages , had a thunder tiger mta4 ( same as mgt ) just want somthing for when the track is too wet etc .. i have the xray xt8, x2 crt , crt.5 and a hpi baja ... thanks for you help .. so you think it,ll be ok then ... most shops over here say theres no problem in getting the spares etc
Old 07-20-2009, 09:04 PM
wminmi
My Feedback: (26)

I've got the TNX 5.2R and LOVE it for bashing and beating around the track. Things tough no doubt about it, but I agree about parts problems.

I blew the slipper a few months back, along with the clutchbell and had to order direct from Tamiya USA as my LHS had all the needed parts listed as discontiunued

Other than that, LOVE the truck!!

Speaking of parts....lost 2nd gear in my TNX tonight.....along with all rear diff power. Rear diff just rolled around, following the frontend
Old 09-25-2009, 09:34 AM
delorean123

Insane truck,,,,,I have a Tamiya TNX 5.2R...Brand new)..and it's incerdible.....It'll outrun almost anything I have seen...BUT...it all comes back to the parts issue...I blew the clutch out of it..(Common I hear)..and parts had to come from Singapore...and they weren't cheap....Other than that..I highly recommend this truck to anyone........It hums..!!!