Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks > Team Associated - Monster GT
Reload this Page >

Bought an MGT 8.0. It rips, but I need some help.

Community
Search
Notices
Team Associated - Monster GT Discuss all things AE MGT right here!

Bought an MGT 8.0. It rips, but I need some help.

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2013, 08:26 PM
Katoom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bought an MGT 8.0. It rips, but I need some help.

Well I ended up buying the MGT 8.0 that was used, and the kid who actually sold it to me thought something was wrong with it...turns out it was the reverse that doesnt engage and runs fine when its going the direction its supposed to go. I have one more dilemma tho, I burnt out a new glow plug in half a tank of fuel (30%), could it be because the engine got too hot and was lean, or could it be the type of glow plug? Any help appreciated.
Old 06-02-2013, 03:37 PM
Katoom

Default RE: Bought an MGT 8.0. It rips, but I need some help.

UPDATE Once I get the RC running hot it finally started slipping, either the clutch or something in the transmission because the spur gear was spinning but the tranny wasnt letting it go anywhere. Any ideas on whats going on? I really need some input as I have to order parts over the internet and cant buy any in town. Thanks.
Old 06-04-2013, 07:09 AM
Katoom

yall useless in this fu cking forum
Old 06-04-2013, 08:33 AM
Voxmagna

ORIGINAL: Katoom UPDATE Once I get the RC running hot it finally started slipping, either the clutch or something in the transmission because the spur gear was spinning but the tranny wasnt letting it go anywhere. Any ideas on whats going on? I really need some input as I have to order parts over the internet and cant buy any in town. Thanks.
I use O.S.#8 plugs with 30%nitro.
is the spur gear tightened all the way down?
8.0s run rich, if you lean it out too much your only doing damage
Truck reverse doesn't engage: The rpm might be to high
Make sure the truck is engaged fully in forward gear, you dont want the FW/RV servo leaving it positioned between(neutral)
Is the drive shaft/cvd spinning, if not inspect your tranny.

Post pics & 5 minute video of it started
Old 06-06-2013, 05:56 PM
Katoom

ORIGINAL: Voxmagna

ORIGINAL: Katoom UPDATE Once I get the RC running hot it finally started slipping, either the clutch or something in the transmission because the spur gear was spinning but the tranny wasnt letting it go anywhere. Any ideas on whats going on? I really need some input as I have to order parts over the internet and cant buy any in town. Thanks.
I use O.S.#8 plugs with 30%nitro.
is the spur gear tightened all the way down?
8.0s run rich, if you lean it out too much your only doing damage
Truck reverse doesn't engage: The rpm might be to high
Make sure the truck is engaged fully in forward gear, you dont want the FW/RV servo leaving it positioned between(neutral)
Is the drive shaft/cvd spinning, if not inspect your tranny.

Post pics & 5 minute video of it started
Thanks man. I THINK I kinda figured out what the problem was. The kid I bought it from had it running waaay to lean, richend it up and a glow plug has last me almost a gallon is what I have burnt since buying it! Also the part where it didnt want to move after getting it running really good, turned out to be worn out clutch shoes. Since then I have replaced the shoes and havent had a problem with it slipping, just a few broken parts like broken a arms and gearbox housing! Coming up short jumping train tracks wasnt my plan! Ill inform again if I have any other issues. Until them MGT 8.0 4 LIFE.
Old 06-06-2013, 06:52 PM
Voxmagna

ORIGINAL: Katoom
Thanks man. I THINK I kinda figured out what the problem was. The kid I bought it from had it running waaay to lean, richend it up and a glow plug has last me almost a gallon is what I have burnt since buying it! Also the part where it didnt want to move after getting it running really good, turned out to be worn out clutch shoes. Since then I have replaced the shoes and havent had a problem with it slipping, just a few broken parts like broken a arms and gearbox housing! Coming up short jumping train tracks wasnt my plan! Ill inform again if I have any other issues. Until them MGT 8.0 4 LIFE.
Glad to here you got it running, [link=http://www.monstergt.com/]for more info on the mgt[/link]