Community
Search
Notices
Team Associated - Monster GT Discuss all things AE MGT right here!

Monster GT anyone have one?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2007, 04:29 PM
jonnymac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Monster GT anyone have one?

Its ok. I found the spacer inside the old cap. Dohhhh [:@]
Old 04-21-2007, 04:59 PM
ferrariowner123

wow, they deleted a few of my posts huh? why am I not surprised lol...

ferrariowner123.. the tmaxx shocks will work, they are about 2mm shorter though (I think..) but they'll work..
any kind of adaptor or conversion needed or will it just work with the stock equipment
Old 04-21-2007, 06:00 PM
jonnymac

Wow!
That spring, cap and oil upgrade makes this thing an inch taller!
The suspension really has some life in it now. I'm looking forward to trying it out.
Old 04-21-2007, 06:07 PM
duckedup

ORIGINAL: ferrariowner123

wow, they deleted a few of my posts huh? why am I not surprised lol...

ferrariowner123.. the tmaxx shocks will work, they are about 2mm shorter though (I think..) but they'll work..
any kind of adaptor or conversion needed or will it just work with the stock equipment
You won't need anything, I don't think.. I've used the traxxas shock [link=http://groundpounders.110mb.com/duck/index.php]ends[/link] to hold me over while I was waiting on shipping....

[:-].....
Old 04-21-2007, 07:34 PM
cookie monster

are they stock t-e-maxx shocks or the big bore ones. the stock maxx shocks have a smaller shaft that will definitly bend if they are used on the mgt.
Old 04-21-2007, 08:15 PM
duckedup

I've also heard that the Tmaxx shocks aren't all that great.... but the Big Bore Al. XXL shocks with Ti/Ni shafts should hold up pretty good...
Old 04-21-2007, 09:14 PM
Alteramod

Well guys/gals, got my hpi tuned pipe installed today and just so happens that the axles showed up to so I was able to test it out. First impression on my drive way was it is some what louder than before and could tell it spun more so I knew I gained power. I took it out in the back yard and wow..... It will now wheelie. It even perks up the wheels a bit catching second gear too lol. I had to turn down my idle and richen it up a bit though so now I am having trouble with the wheelies. I still have on the 49 tooth spur though which could be holding it back. I then took it up to the baseball field to find they leveled out the sand mounds which mad me sad, until I seen 1 more mound out away from the baseball field they didnt use. Also they had 5 little mounds which made for some sweet full speed 4 feet in air jumps. It would just sail through the air off of em. I was going pry 20 feet out or more. I did notice that I turned down the idle a bit to far though as it seems like its on the verge of stalling after it idles for a few seconds. I think once I get the chance to turn it back up a bit then it will be back to wheelies on demand lol.
Old 04-21-2007, 09:57 PM
ferrariowner123

hey duck do you have a link for the big bore shocks. or some other good shocks other than powerstrokes that will work with the MGT
Old 04-21-2007, 10:13 PM
Alteramod

hey duck do you have a link for the big bore shocks. or some other good shocks other than powerstrokes that will work with the MGT
I think that if you buy the ft shock caps it make the stock shocks great. Also you could buy the factory team shock bodies to boot and they would be pretty good shocks then.

Also hey guys what do you think of this motor. They claim 2.85 horses with a max rpm of 42,800. I am really interested in it cause of the rpm's. http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXHGU5&P=0
Old 04-21-2007, 10:43 PM
scottywilkes

ok well i was dicing up if i should make my fuel with just synthetic oils instead of how i usually do it with a mixture of castor and synthetic. Cause i cant get any castor at the moment. Well i decided i would and made a 25% nitro mix with 12% oil. And im glad to say that its working great, wheelies on demand, the temps seem to be more stready, and it runs a bit longer to, i leaned it slighlty. So i am pleased, ive got like 40 litres that i can make, so i wont be runnin out any time soon.
Old 04-21-2007, 11:53 PM
duckedup

I'm going with Alteramod on this one, the FT caps are all you really need, they held up awesome for me, never had a cap pop off after I got those.. you don't even really need the bodies... I got my caps for about $33 shipped from the bay....

Old 04-22-2007, 02:05 AM
ferrariowner123

i have another question. Were do i find a clutch bell that will fit on the MGT a vented 16 tooth will be fine if anybody has a link for one of these please tell me

thanks.
Old 04-22-2007, 04:20 AM
scottywilkes

theres ones made for the MGT that are vented, not sure if they have a 16 tooth, but ya, they have an assortment
Old 04-22-2007, 05:29 AM
jonnymac

ORIGINAL: duckedup

I'm going with Alteramod on this one, the FT caps are all you really need, they held up awesome for me, never had a cap pop off after I got those.. you don't even really need the bodies... I got my caps for about $33 shipped from the bay....

I just had mine out today after replacing the springs (red/gold) and 40 weight oil all round with Factory team caps. It looks loads better and seems to handle great. I've not really put it through its paces yet but it seems much more sure footed and less wallowy.

My Truck is really coming along now. Next week the new engine should be here, then it will just be body and wheels and its about done (yeah right, I know its never done).
Old 04-22-2007, 07:14 AM
MrN8

URC is back!
Old 04-22-2007, 02:25 PM
Evader ---> MGT

i have another question. Were do i find a clutch bell that will fit on the MGT a vented 16 tooth will be fine if anybody has a link for one of these please tell me

thanks.

[link=http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0095p?FVPROFIL=++&FVSEARCH=mgt+clutch+bell&FVPROFIL=++]Here[/link] are the clutch bells. Can't find a 16 vented.

Also, why would you wamt the t-maxx shocks? They're made for a way lighter truck. Just get the FT shock caps, the next best are the powerstrokes, as you know
Old 04-22-2007, 04:10 PM
MrN8

thanks.
Use the Savage 16t vented CB. It's the same diameter and works well. It's a little bit narrower than the MGT CB, but it doesn't seem to make any difference. Fit and function are great.

[link=http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_info.php/cPath/1_23_278/products_id/6592]16t Vented CB[/link]
Old 04-22-2007, 05:16 PM
cookie monster

i think i found out my problem with my truck. i replaced my fuel tubing and my primer bulb with some new fuel tubing and it should be all fixed. there was a hole in the tubing that was leaking all over the place so i think i the new tubing will fix it.
Old 04-22-2007, 09:32 PM
Evader ---> MGT

Yeah, my stock tubing broke repeatedly, so I got new stuff and it hasn't ripped (yet). That ripping really screwed with my engine and got everything wet w/ oil.
Old 04-22-2007, 09:55 PM
Alteramod

Well today kinda made me mad lol. I was out bashing at the baseball field again. I was messing around with all the needles trying to get it to stay running for the whole tank. A guy on a 4 wheeler and a bunch of kids on bikes stopped and were watching me fiddle around with my truck after I couldnt even get it to start. Then it hit me. I hadnt checked the plug yet.... so I pull the plug and it would barely glow. Popped in the new one and fired on the first roll over lol. So I then had to spend the next hour and a half messing around with idle, low end , and high end needles. I finally got it to where it runs with out die'n on me but way to rich. I had the low speed needle all out of wack, which gave me the most problems. I then realized that I lost the screw for my hpi pipe and it was flopping all around and hit the fly wheel a few times. Good thing I heard it on a pass by or I would pry have a nice hole in my new pipe already. grrrr 6 years in it and I take a 1 year break and I forget to check the plug ..... man what a head ache I created for myself.
Old 04-22-2007, 09:58 PM
MrN8

ORIGINAL: Evader ---> MGT

Yeah, my stock tubing broke repeatedly, so I got new stuff and it hasn't ripped (yet). That ripping really screwed with my engine and got everything wet w/ oil.
What kind of tubing did you end up getting? I'm probably going to replace mine next time I place an order and want something translucent and durable.
Old 04-22-2007, 11:07 PM
Evader ---> MGT

Well I"ve been getting stuff from Patriot RC. They make thick and pretty durable stuff. I"ve put a few holes in my body and covered the edges with my extra tubing. I like it[8D]
Here are some pics of the current truck and body.

The darn exhaust keeps hitting my white a-arms. Still white though!!! HAHAHA!

Also, I have like $200 but I don't know what to get. I currently have White RPM a-arms, Robinson Racing Steel Spur Gear, Forward-Only Conversion, FT Shock Caps and Copper springs, as you can see. Don't need a $100 servo either and stuff from tower is ideal. I kinda ruled out RPM hubs too.
Maybe a clutch, if it's worth it. Are there any good pipes on tower?
Old 04-23-2007, 02:58 AM
jonnymac

I'd get yourself a few air filters
Old 04-23-2007, 03:29 AM
scottywilkes

WWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT, my parts arrived, cant wait to install them, heres some pics of them out of the box

I have Proline big joes
Proline 23mm 40 series velocity dish rims in lime
Proline Crowd pleazer
And of course DACE 23mm hexes

SO HAPPY, its like christmas all over LOL
Old 04-23-2007, 05:19 AM
scottywilkes

well heres some pics of them mounted, not glued yet, still gotto belt the tyres, vent the wheels and well buy some CA lol, and then its time to paint my shell

Looks kinda funky with the stocker shell

what yas think of my new stuff hehe, there will be a wing kit on it soon, a mate is making a carbon fibre one for me

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.