Community
Search
Notices
Team Associated - Monster GT Discuss all things AE MGT right here!

Monster GT anyone have one?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2007, 02:18 PM
Coadster67

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Monster GT anyone have one?

Thanks!
Old 07-27-2007, 02:45 PM
Snaut Rocket

Hey guys I put my evader pipe on my mgt just for fun. I was LMAO it sounded just like my evader and looked like it had just about the same performance. Well any way does any one run the lst2 pipe and header and if they do hows it perform.
Old 07-27-2007, 04:24 PM
Evader ---> MGT

ORIGINAL: snowbl!nd

Opened up my tranny today and found this... Somehow it was running ok even with a snapped transmission pin! Replaced it as well as the 2-speed gears which were showing quite a bit of wear after 7 gallons She's nearly all ready for racing on sunday now [8D]

[EDIT] Took the shaft out and it was only very slightly bent, not nearly as much as the photo would suggest. Don't have a spare so it'll have to do for now
I broke my 2nd 2nd-speed shaft a couple days ago too!!! And now my truck runs away from me randomly and doesn't shift! WOO HOO!

And the hub is on the shaft right, I checked twice now!!!![:@]
Old 07-27-2007, 04:27 PM
snowbl!nd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^ Yeah i've killed one of those in the past, sheared off right by the pin-hole. They look pretty sturdy so much have taken a bit of force to do it [X(]
Old 07-27-2007, 04:46 PM
Coadster67

Well today was going great till this.

Funny thing is, i have no idea what happened. i was jumping the bump at the end of my driveway, getting less than half a foot of air, and then i run it over to me and noticed the left wheel totally turned to the left. i was like [&:] But oh well, from what i see i can go to my lhs sometime soon and get 2 brand new (But stock) ones for it for like 6.50.

Does RPM make these? If not, does anybody make nice aluminum ones. OR what would anybody suggest?

And one more thing, do i have to take the whole A arm(s) off to get this off?

Thanks[8D]
Old 07-27-2007, 04:52 PM
snowbl!nd

Yep RPM make them > [link=http://www.rpmrcproducts.com/products/assoc/AssocMGT.htm#carriers]clicky![/link]

I've tried aluminium ones (hardcore) in the past, but they caused binding of the axles (crushed the bearings) so switched back to stock...
Old 07-27-2007, 04:57 PM
snowbl!nd

and no, you don't need to remove the a-arms, just unscrew it at the pivot balls...
Old 07-27-2007, 05:27 PM
Bria1

That's the same place all my stock knuckles broke. Get the RPM knuckles, it'll save you a lot of money and frustration in the long run.
Old 07-27-2007, 06:41 PM
docphysics

Don't you need to mod the knuckles to make them work?
Old 07-27-2007, 07:50 PM
scottywilkes

[&o]With the RPMs if u have the 28 version axles u will need to grind the axle pin on 1 side flat until it slides into the hole, i did that on mine and mine are runnin beautifully, about 5 gallons on them and no wear. Mind u havnt driven my truck in the last 2 months
Old 07-27-2007, 08:31 PM
Coadster67

Hey thanks for the information. When and if i go to the lhs tomorrow, i'll take a look at what they have. I'll see if i can get them to order the rpm's.
Old 07-27-2007, 08:33 PM
scottywilkes

ok need some advice, ok well the MGT has been down for about 2 months, mainly because of the dam carb. The problem im having is, after runnin for a while it will slide out (yes the pin is tight) and then well it falls out i loose fuel supply and it dies. Now ive found the problem, the area t hat the pins conpress on the carb body, has sort of collapsed ever so slightly. So its now not grabbing it like it should.

Now any ideas on how to get it to grab? Ive thought of electrical tape, or something similar but its just gonna wear away and yeah slide out again.

So whats everyones ideas?
Old 07-27-2007, 09:29 PM
X3n0

hey there above me..not tryig to distrct people from helping you..just making my post too. ..
so in the first pic can anyone confirm that this is a seperate piece. I took aprt the tranny that caming with my eBay "rolling chasis" purchase and it appears that this "shim" is missing...

then in the nect pic..what the heck is that part ? another shim of the same kind ?
Old 07-27-2007, 10:07 PM
scottywilkes

yes there shims, there very small, if u didnt take care when taking your tranny apart u will loose them
Old 07-27-2007, 10:49 PM
Bria1

ORIGINAL: scottywilkes

ok need some advice, ok well the MGT has been down for about 2 months, mainly because of the dam carb. The problem im having is, after runnin for a while it will slide out (yes the pin is tight) and then well it falls out i loose fuel supply and it dies. Now ive found the problem, the area t hat the pins conpress on the carb body, has sort of collapsed ever so slightly. So its now not grabbing it like it should.

Now any ideas on how to get it to grab? Ive thought of electrical tape, or something similar but its just gonna wear away and yeah slide out again.

Do you mean the carb is coming out of the block, or the slide barrel is coming out of the carb? If the carb is coming out of the block, clean it up and put some sensor safe rtv sealant on there. It will basically glue the carb in. If the barrel is coming out of the carb, check the screw that holds it in to make sure the end isn't broke off.
Old 07-27-2007, 11:13 PM
scottywilkes

the carb is coming out of the block, allready tried some silicone and RTV, it just breaks free and slides out, starting to really piss me off. Really wanna drive it but with it like that i can only run on flat ground, and even then it still slides out, i do a couple large jumps and its gone.

Dont want to spend money on the motor as its at 10gal mark and yeah not really any point to replace the carb. The motor still has great pinch, but yeah id rather save the money for a LRP28 or STS28
Old 07-27-2007, 11:15 PM
mgtwpicco27

AHhhhhh hah hah hah hah! What's up racers? Long time no post, anyone got an mgt for sale?
Old 07-28-2007, 04:36 AM
71goat

ORIGINAL: scottywilkes

Did you try putting a washer on the bolt ,so it draws it against the engine case?
Old 07-28-2007, 06:46 AM
Maggster
My Feedback: (2)

scottywilkes you have had your MGT longer than I have had mine, but a couple things. Is ther any chance that the servo adjustment is out and it keeps pulling against the carb even after it is all the way open? You could clean it good with brake cleaner and J B Weld the carb on. If you have a strong servo (like the stock steering servo) pulling against it though I don't know if even JBWeld would work for long. It sure sounds like something is binding though.

Good luck
Old 07-28-2007, 07:06 AM
scottywilkes

stock break servo is still on the throttle duties. Ive got the trim set so it gets to WOT and then stops, so i dont have an excess force pulling on the carb, i take my carb apart now and then, and would prefer something that is well temporary, that i can replace etc.

Got the motor infont of me as we speak, thought id have another look at it, i will proly grind a little of each of the tabs that compress onto the carb body, so it narrows the area that it compresses on. Dont know, just did a mock setup now, and it seems to be holding good, but im sure after a few large hits it will work its way loose again
Old 07-28-2007, 10:46 AM
Maggster
My Feedback: (2)

I understand about wanting to be able to take it apart. Grinding a little mat'l off that tabs sounds like a good idea.
Old 07-28-2007, 10:35 PM
Coadster67

Hey guys,

I got the mgt fixed today. went to the lhs and got the last set of RPM knuckles for the MGT. had to grind down the axel pin a bit, but no biggie [8D] Didnt get a chance to take it out today though as it was like 35+ really humid [:@] Anyway, i was wondering if any body had any advice on setting the suspension to make it wheelie; currently i have it on a "Raked" profile (Back end higher than front end) with the suspension preloaders. Im pretty sure i have it almost dead on with tuning, full gas it takes off, doesnt sputter and accelerates to top speed with lots of blue smoke, but im not positive. Anyway if anyone had some advice that would be awesome!!

Thanks![8D]
Old 07-28-2007, 10:49 PM
Coadster67

And one more thing. what do you guys think about jumping into corn to practice proper takeoff and stuff? i got two of those little skateboard kickers and figured the corne would be softer than concrete
Old 07-29-2007, 02:01 AM
scottywilkes

any thing soft for learning is goofd lol, i used my front lawn HAHA, looked like someone had dug holes all over it when i first got the truck.

Corn should be good, is it tall? If its the tall corn we have here then when u hit it it might make the truck flip and break, if its grass level, or tall grass level then it will be fine, i found out the hard way when i hit a very small over hanging branch of a tree, awesome stack, yet it did crack the rear shock tower

For wheelies get your self a FOC and a LST pipe, mine never really wheelied when stock, but once i got the pipe and FOC it was great, wheelies on demand
Old 07-29-2007, 09:36 AM
Coadster67

Alright awesome, thanks [8D]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.