Go Back  RCU Forums > TEAM RCU > TEAM RCU - Mike McConville
Reload this Page >

Funtana 90 and 3D Airplanes

Community
Search
Notices
TEAM RCU - Mike McConville Ask expert Team RCU pilot Mike McConville questions in this forum.

Funtana 90 and 3D Airplanes

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2005, 09:36 PM
snapproller
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Funtana 90 and 3D Airplanes

Mike I don't know if your still reading these but I've flow both the 40 and the 90. 40 with a 72 and the 90 with a 100. the 40 was not to bad on power but I could not get it to stop snapping out . Nice pattern plane but wall or harrier not gonna hear it . The 90 the power was not there I've flown a lot of 3d planes and maybe it's the altitude or something but for all the major 3d hype it was a big let down I had to add 8 oz of lead to the nose not good. on the other hand a very sweet looking airplane now if you guys could just shrink it a bit to make the 100 have a better power to weight ratiol. bam right on the money I'd buy another one.what actully did mine in was I lost both aileron servo in knife edge to flutter. Ive owned just about even arf you guys make and sorry but 9 times out 10 you can't beat them kepp it up great hear you guys care . P.S. If you anyone else for test flying give me a ring RANDY
Old 01-28-2005, 10:05 AM
flybye Steve

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Funtana 90 and 3D Airplanes

Mike, I'm flying my forth Funtana 90 and have a fifth under way. I lost the first three due to pilot error. I belive the Funtana is the best plane I have ever flown and that the plane alone, improved my flying skills by a factor of ten. I do not base this intirely on my own thoughts, but also from comments from fellow flyers at the field. My Funtanas have all been equipped with Saito 100s and JR 8411 Srvos. I too would like to see a 50cc version of the Funtana, but if that is not possible, perhaps something like it. One thing I would like to mention. I fly at a number of fields in Florida as well as our own club field here in Parkton, Md. and I hve seen a number Of Funtanas throughoput my travels. Many of them are what I will call misused. That is to say, they are not set up properly for their intended use. Mostly they are set up with bigger engines and without 3D props. As a result , I believe thay fly to fast and lack upline torque. I see the funtana as a gracefull slow flying performer. I also believe this has much to do with the extremly light, well enginered contruction. My Funtanas have all been set up exactly by the hanger 9 book and I belive they are truly great performers.