Search
Notices

Servos for Raptor 50 V2

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2003, 01:26 AM
dante0501

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Servos for Raptor 50 V2

Just purchased a Raptor 50 V2 with the GY401 w/servo and I would like to know what servos I should go with for the other 4? I have 4 new JR537 servos already - would they do? Thanks!

Dion
Old 09-19-2003, 11:25 AM
Spaceman Spiff
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Servos for Raptor 50 V2

The 537's will fly it so long as you are gentle with it. crashes and hard aerobatics can take a toll on gears though, so at some point you will want metal gear higer torque servos on cyclyc and colective. You can use 537's on tail and throtle. most floks prefer using the digital servo for the tail, but you can use the 537.

I use Hitech 625's on colective and cyclic. They seem to do the job pretty well, even though they are cheap and slower servos.
Old 09-19-2003, 04:47 PM
basmntdweller
My Feedback: (9)

It all depends on what you are doing with the heli. I started with cheapy servos but got to the point where I thought they were not keeping up with me. I upgraded to better servos and it was a lot better. As I flew more and got more experience, the upgraded servos started to seem wimpy. I have since changed to digitals and upped my nitro to 30% and the heli is really flying fantastic. If you are a beginner, you won't notice any difference on the cheapies. As you get more demanding of the heli, your needs for better servos will become apparent. So, pay for the good ones now or fly a while and save up for them at a later date.
Good Luck! basmntdweller

P.S. At least use a high torque on the pitch. It is noticeably sluggish with a cheap/weak servo even if you are a beginner.
Old 09-20-2003, 08:01 AM
visioneer_one
My Feedback: (506)

I've got MPX mc/v2 digitals on all controls of my Rap and a GY401/9253 combo on the tail. I considered starting out with cheap servos but realized that it doesn't make sense to skimp on such important components.

It does make a difference. One of my mates has my former R30. I had these same MPX servos in it then, which I pulled and installed into the 50. He bought the 30 off me and set it up with JR 537s all around. Whenever he flies my R50 he always comments on how smooth and precise it is as compared with his.

Spend the $$ for good servos up front.

As Keith Shaw says... "Buy cheap, buy twice."
Old 10-19-2003, 10:55 PM
vuaim

I got the New Hitec HS-5475HB Digital Servos all around for my Raptor 50 v2 and GY401/9253 combo on the tail....They seem to perform pretty well and great for the money at about $35 a piece....Haven't had a problem with any of the servos yet......
Old 10-20-2003, 06:04 AM
pistole

Actually , if you're just starting out , you won't notice any difference and you'll be better off just using the cheapo servos that come free with your radio.
Old 10-21-2003, 02:43 PM
raptor_VT

Would JR 811's be good on a 50? That is what i use on my 30 and they seem pretty good.