Notices

Which screw

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2004, 06:48 PM
pspplaya69
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which screw

I just bought a used Raptor 30 V2 that came to me mostly broken down. After assembling averything without a hitch I realized that there is no way to attach the main blades. What size bolt and nut does it take? Can I just pick this up at Lowes or do I need to get the Thunder Tiger specific one? Thanks for all the help.
Victor
Old 08-17-2004, 08:03 PM
basmntdweller
My Feedback: (9)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Which screw

It is a standard 4mm metric socket head cap screw. I'm not sure what length though. The nut is nylok style of course.
Matt
On second thought, the 30 may be a 3mm shcs. But they are just standard socket heads. Don't try to use non-socket heads, the generic bolts at Lowes aren't near as strong. The Lowes by my house does have a small selection of suitable sockethead cap screws, your's may as well.
Old 08-17-2004, 09:02 PM
-pkh-

I'd play it safe and just buy the correct blade bolts for it...

http://www6.mailordercentral.com/hel...=156&mitem=187
Old 08-18-2004, 10:20 AM
elmote

It's not standard at all, it's SHOULDERED. You can use a Lowe's bolt if they have the right size, but make sure that the bolt is not threaded all the way to the socket head. An unthreaded area, or shoulder, must extend from the head down thru the upper hole in the blade grip, thru the blade root, and into the lower grip hole to allow for both strength and a smooth pivot for the blade. Of course the threaded section must begin before the bolt exits the lower grip, and extend far enough to allow the Nyloc nut to thread on all the way. If the threads dont come out of the nut a few mm when properly tightened, the bolt is too short. Make sure the bolt is steel, not aluminum.

Elmo Te
Old 08-23-2004, 11:57 AM
Dreddi
My Feedback: (3)

Ace Hardware has quite a large selection of machine screws, they will have exactly what you're looking for. Its safe to say, you can find every screw, bolt and washer found in the Raptor at Ace.
Old 08-23-2004, 12:38 PM
pspplaya69

Thanks everyone for your input I ended up finding the screw at a local hobby store. Around here it is hard to find any parts for the raptor without having to order it. I found a different hobby store further away that has a lot more so I got the actual TT bolt. Thanks again.

Victor