Search
Notices

Which washout hub for R50?

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2004, 09:45 PM
WhtBronco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which washout hub for R50?

1 of the screws on my stock washout hub has stripped the threads in the plastic hub. I'd like to replace it with a metal unit. Any opinions on which 1 I should get? I have looked at the Mavrikk unit, but wondered if there were any others I should look at.

TIA
Old 12-08-2004, 10:16 PM
TMooreATX

Default RE: Which washout hub for R50?

This is all you need unless you just want to spend money: JCRMB This part is at Rick's RC Helicopters. It's $15.00. I use it on both of my Raptors.

TM
Old 12-09-2004, 11:58 AM
WhtBronco

Sweet at $2 more than the stock washout hub at my LHS I will get that. Thanks very much TMooreATX you just saved me $25 since I had planned to get the Mavrikk unit from my LHS for $40.
Old 12-10-2004, 02:42 PM
WhtBronco

Well I decided to support my LHS due to the superior customer service I get there. I paid $40 for the TT metal washout hub with arms. Anyway are there any special install instructions for this piece other than loctite the bolts in?
Old 12-13-2004, 05:34 PM
WhtBronco

Wow am I dissatisfied with the upgrade TT washout assembly. The parts simply do not fit well at all. In fact I had to drill and significantly file the plastic arms to get the fit without binding. Then, no doubt due to my frustration, I got a bit too much loctite on the bolts and some of it got into 1 of the bearings. The bearing is of course trash now. I ended up using only the new hub all the other original parts were reused. I won't be buying anymore TT upgrade parts. I'll get Mavrikk or someone else's if that's how they are.
Old 12-16-2004, 11:49 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 358 Likes on 288 Posts

The Maverikk parts IMHO are every bit as good as the TT upgrades if not better and are usually half the price. Only problem I have with them is they assume everyone know's how they go together and some of them, most notibly the Flybar control arm upgrade set are nothing like what they replace.
Old 12-17-2004, 10:25 AM
WhtBronco

I’ll try Maverikk parts next time. Although the TT parts were the same price at my LHS. I was surprised the TT parts came with no installation instructions. I didn’t really need any, but I was surprised none the less.