Search
Notices

Late Start?

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2009, 02:47 AM
3D 4 ME

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Late Start?

After two years of gathering dust, my raptor titan is finally complete and can fly perfectly, as demonstrated by Gilbert (the man who set it up). I just feel that two years is a long time for an ARF to go from the box to the field, what took two years should have taken no more than two weeks. I still have two other helicopters that haven't flown since they were bought. Then there's my flight experience, I have four years of flight time on a simulator and my only real flight experience is with toy rc's except for my friend's coaxial H-13 and my Typhoon 3D. So my question to you is, am I a poser or just off to a late start?
Old 07-19-2009, 08:39 PM
damper

Default RE: Late Start?

Just a late start IMO. But I would set aside about 1week to 2 weeks for practicing to keep orientation and skill lvls to progress more fluently.
Old 07-20-2009, 12:11 AM
3D 4 ME

Oh of course, I wouldn't want to smash my $1000+ investment into the ground on my first try. Now that it's airworthy, all I need to do now is get a new set of blades and a field box so I can fly on a regular basis.
Old 07-20-2009, 08:01 PM
damper

Good to hear. Practice practice sim sim practice practice oh do not forget the fuel & plus a new glow plug if u need some. I seen people come to the and forget the and glow plug .
Old 07-29-2009, 08:48 AM
greg_m

you're a poser - spelt a bit differently!!!..get out to the field and fly the damn thing!!! my problem is I can't get to the field enough...

since april I have flown about 30 flights on my own and am just starting to do figure eights. The hover is a good place to learn to be first because it has saved the heli a few times!!! Once you can hover there is no real worry about being in the air.

I started out on the sim for a few weeks and then got the club instructor to buddy cord me for two flights. I then took it on my own and learned to hover.

get out and fly it...hell man time goes far to quickly[>:]
Old 07-30-2009, 08:25 AM
highlander84

I would adgree with Greg_m. you need to fly the blades off the thing to get any good. I have never had any formal instruction what-so-ever and I an doing 8's now and brushing up on nose in some more. My problem is fuel as I cant seem to find a good place to get it in germany. So dust her off and spool her up. the more you fly the beter you will become. I wish I had a Titan. they fly so easy.