Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Tips & Techniques
Reload this Page >

installing nav. lights

Notices
Tips & Techniques Want to share a tip or special technique you have either in the workshop or at the flying field or race track? Post it right here!

installing nav. lights

Old 01-20-2005, 07:13 PM
still burnin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default installing nav. lights

I have a Great Plane Extra300s. The plane was a ARF, but now is together and flying. I am wondering how to install navigation lights in the wing and tail with the plane complete. I don't want to take the covering off.
Old 01-21-2005, 02:47 PM
Mystic

Default RE: installing nav. lights

well for threading the wires a "fish stick" from your local home improvement store will likely do the trick
Old 01-21-2005, 05:14 PM
the-plumber

One way is to make the long holes any way you can, but it's best done with a jobber-length drill bit (the 18" variety) or a length of brass tubing sharpened on one end. I use the brass tubing, but file a saw-tooth pattern on one end.

Once the hole is bored, you can 'fish' a piece of string through by feeding the string in on one end and using your vacuum to pull it from the other end. Once the string is through, use it to pull the wires in place. All you need is access to each end of the structure.
Old 01-27-2005, 08:09 PM
skyhawk172n
My Feedback: (3)

Something I have found is "Tire Flys" at the local wm or el cheapo parts house. They are a self-contained mini strobe available in several colors that screw onto the valve stem of tires. About $4 for a 4 pack with extra batteries. I have them on a Telemaster and a Pizazz and I like them!

Roy
Old 01-27-2005, 11:17 PM
khodges
My Feedback: (1)

Model Airplane News recent issue (with P-38 on the cover) has a great article on this very thing. It shows how on a Dave Patrick ARF Super Cub, using Ram strobe, landing lights and nav lights.