Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Tips & Techniques
Reload this Page >

DDust pulling hard to the right.

Community
Search
Notices
Tips & Techniques Want to share a tip or special technique you have either in the workshop or at the flying field or race track? Post it right here!

DDust pulling hard to the right.

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2005, 08:41 PM
RC-Captain

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DDust pulling hard to the right.

I could probably experiment from now until the end of time to correct this problem but I am hoping someone experienced this with the DDust or a similar plane and knew how to fix the excessive yaw. If that is what it is called.

my set up is simple : Mag .28 engine
DDust measurements are 16 length x 28 width.
prop is a master airscrew 9x6
I have wheels on the front with the toe in factor which does absolutely nothing for
the ddust.
the all up weight is 2lbs 2 oz.

My first guess to solve the problem would be to use a smaller prop.

Thanks for all replies.
Old 08-16-2005, 10:53 PM
voyager_663rd

Default RE: DDust pulling hard to the right.

I would hazard a guess that the prop doesn't have much to do with it. Slow take off speed caused me a right roll/smack down but that was with a small plane (not a delta) and it was probably a low speed stall.

My ddust with a 46fx and 9x9 is somewhat slow off the mark but tracks straight as an arrow at any speed is why I say it's not your prop. It is a very sensitive plane and only requires small inputs (34" span and throws are only 1/4" up/1/4" down for full elevator)

Having said that, I would drop down to maybe an 8x8 or 7x8 (if there is such an animal). You want the higher pitch to get the higher top end. Mine sags a bit on launch but pulls out nicely after about 40' and will hit 100 mph on the straights.
Old 09-01-2005, 06:10 AM
RC-Captain

Default RE: DDust pulling hard to the right.

I'm back to post I fiqured out what I need to do with the engine and the way it is mounted in order to get rid of the excesssive right yaw/thrust when trying to ROG my DDUST. Thanks for all of the replies with this problem.