Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Tips & Techniques
Reload this Page >

removing ultracote adhesive

Community
Search
Notices
Tips & Techniques Want to share a tip or special technique you have either in the workshop or at the flying field or race track? Post it right here!

removing ultracote adhesive

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2011, 08:44 AM
SeamusG

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: removing ultracote adhesive

ORIGINAL: ScaleRCpilot

SeamusG.....Off Topic - How do I go about installing a cool picture under my User name where you have that cool plane?

Thanks! SR/CP
The picture is called an avatar. It is part of your forum profile. At the top of the forum page is a horizontal list of tabs in blue (home, forum, buy&sell, user reviews, etc.). View the drop down under "forum". The pull down menu is in three sections. The bottom section starts with the Settings option. Select settings. Towards the bottom of the top section of data is a row titled "My avatar". There is an upload button. This upload works the same as the post or edit functions within a thread.

One caution, an avatar must be very small. My SSEpic is 7 kb. The original pic is 118 kb.

Old 02-11-2011, 11:57 AM
ScaleRCpilot
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

SeamusG ............Thanks Much![sm=thumbs_up.gif]

SR/CP
Old 02-15-2011, 06:16 AM
SoCalSal
My Feedback: (16)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: jlrskymaster

i was adding some ultracote - over ultracote - and after i applied it i determined i did not like the look. So, I applied heat again and pulled the trim off. Adhesive was left behind.
What do I use to remove the adhesive?
MEK will take adhesive and any color off the wood. Don't get it on any plastic as it will mar the finish if you try to wipe it off and eat into it if you leave it on.
Old 09-05-2023, 12:48 PM
aerobatixkid

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This thread saves the day!