Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Tips & Techniques
Reload this Page >

trailer graphics

Community
Search
Notices
Tips & Techniques Want to share a tip or special technique you have either in the workshop or at the flying field or race track? Post it right here!

trailer graphics

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2010, 08:48 AM
dschroeder
My Feedback: (40)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default trailer graphics

I had a few calvins cut (holding a r/c transmitter) can't seem to find any "Cartoon airplane" vinyl graphics for sale online, can anyone help me out on that?
Old 09-05-2010, 09:07 AM
jdeluyck
My Feedback: (6)

Default RE: trailer graphics

dschroeder,

Check out [link=http://www.getstencils.com]GetStencils.com[/link]

We can make vinyl graphics practically any size you want.

Regards,
Jerry DeLuyck
Old 09-06-2010, 12:35 PM
Avaiojet

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Try

www.cfcgraphics.com

Not actually the best website, but this link is his work.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/community/...ry&memid=11343

Does full size trailers and airplanes besides R/C models.

He's the best!

Believe me, I know.

Charles
Old 09-06-2010, 04:05 PM
daveopam
My Feedback: (9)

Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts

No offense, but I think you are asking for trouble. Why advertise what's in your trailer?

David
Old 09-06-2010, 04:15 PM
Avaiojet

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

David,

You're thinking.

You made a good point about that advertising thing. Especially now with the economy the way it is.

Certainly whatever fits in the trailer will fit as easily, with or without markings.

This I have to say. If it was my trailer, I'd opt for keeping it blank.

Point well made!

Charles
Old 09-07-2010, 06:34 AM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

+1 more,, I have a 7x16' trailer that I often have 20K worth of Motorcycles + tools in,, I know the bad guess look at my truck/trailer and say "that might have something valuable inside",, If I put KTM all over it, that will that the "might" right out of their minds,, I run it blank. I actually thought of putting a sign that said "Joe's Junk Removal" on the side when travelling
Old 09-07-2010, 08:40 PM
2 Piece
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any trailer is worth stealing. Just call the police and tell them someone stole your white 12' trailer and see what happens. Now if you have graphics that set it apart, it maybe easily spotted and returned to you. If someone is going to steal something it is not going to matter if it has graphics on it or not.
Old 09-08-2010, 05:20 AM
scale only 4 me

Pretty hard to Hock a trailer.
I'm more worried the trailer will get broken into and the contents taken, not trailer itself being stolen.
Advertising what you have in it makes you a more likely target

All that being said,
I was driving back from a float fly a couple weeks ago and by chance I drove by a club members house, he has his traierl wide open facing the road with his giant plane sitting in the back just saying "Come get me". Crazy
Old 09-08-2010, 07:57 AM
TomCrump

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Maybe it's just me, but I would think that it'd be easier for a thief to fence construction equipment, motorcycles, etc, than model airplanes.

It may be that model graphics on a trailer could be a deterrent to theft.
Old 09-08-2010, 08:05 AM
davidgeorge212

My dad and I have been thinking about getting a trailer and were thinking about this topic as well. I dont think we were planning on putting any big graphics on it but we never ruled that out as an option either. But as I remember that show on Discovery called "to catch a thief", The robber went to one house where the guy flew model airplanes as his hobby and he ended up taking both his planes and his field box and some other equipment. You could see it all in the truck on the reveal when he showed off all the things he stole. He didnt talk about the planes or why he stole them but you could see them in his truck.
Old 09-08-2010, 12:29 PM
RICMOD5634

I'm not sure about the graphics, but I see a lot of guys come to events with trailors. There are No locks on the hitch or the doors and No visible spare tire. So what do they do if they have a flat tire and have to leave the trailor to get a tire fixed. And does it sit at home with No locks on anything? I have locks on hitch and doors keyed the same and they stay locked even at home unless I am working with them. I think the advertisement of our hobby is a good thing. When traveling between events a lot of young people see this and are curiouse or interested. Both young and old have come up to me at rest stop and gas stations and asked about it, and asked if they could see them. Which sometimes leads to a lot of other questions. I always carry some type of Club or AMA information to give out if I feel a real interest.
Rich
Old 09-08-2010, 02:55 PM
jbarnes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Same problem as Rich. Don't be in a hurry and stop at a rest area with graphics on your trailer. You could be there an hour explaining everything (how fast, how high, how much). And make sure you really like the graphics because it is a 'b' getting them off the trailer at a later date. I think a graphics package with "Jerry's Waste Services" would help reduce the theft rate. Jerry.
Old 09-09-2010, 06:59 AM
Killer_Matt
My Feedback: (11)

How about "Live Skunk Transport"
Old 10-10-2010, 11:18 AM
NeveSSL
My Feedback: (1)

"Brandon's Rattlesnake Removal"

Old 10-10-2010, 02:30 PM
tailskid
My Feedback: (34)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

It seems every year someone has their trailer broken into while at Toledo.....
Old 10-10-2010, 03:48 PM
rye
My Feedback: (10)

pit bull to sit night watch [>:][X(] wouldnt they[X(] when they open the doors [X(][:@]
Old 10-10-2010, 04:30 PM
Bundubasher

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Maybeput " Zsa Zsa's Palm Reading and Fortune Telling" with some tarrot cards etc painted on the sides....no thief would want to burglesomebody who knows the future- hey you may even make a few bucks on the side...

That post about the pit bull reminds me of the "trunk monkey" adverts, especially where the thieve gets beaten up by the wheel spanner toting monkey
Old 10-10-2010, 07:24 PM
davidgeorge212

I still never got a trailer yet but last night we had just gotten back from the flying feild and we were tired so my dad and I only took out our airplanes and transmitters. We put them back in our garage and left all the rest of our stuff in the van. Well, we had some vandals storm through the neighborhood around 2:30 this morning and broke into our van as well as all the other cars in our neigborhood. They must have been pretty stupid either that or only after one thing. We had several hundred dollars worth of charging equipment and flight accessories in our van and they just skipped right over that but they only took one thing and that was my dads GPS. It wasnt a high dollar gps either but just a basic model that got the job done. Not a big loss but just an inconvenience to deal with.
Old 10-10-2010, 10:15 PM
Charlie P.

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

They take what they know they can move easily.  R/C models are a hard sell and BULKY!

I like the idea of camoflage, something no self-respecting R/C flier would use:

"Rotten Cotton Diaper Service"

"Bed Bug Exterminators, LLC"

"Lyme Tick Removal Service"

Old 10-11-2010, 07:11 AM
scale only 4 me

ORIGINAL: davidgeorge212
We had several hundred dollars worth of charging equipment and flight accessories in our van and they just skipped right over that but they only took one thing and that was my dads GPS. It wasnt a high dollar gps either but just a basic model that got the job done. Not a big loss but just an inconvenience to deal with.
This is pretty common around here too, They look for CellPhones, Loose Change/Cash and other small electronic the can sell cheap. The thieves know that they'll just get a slap on the wrist for petty theft, usually only get Community Service on a Misdemeanor charge, if they go big time and take too much, they risk a felony charge,,, aka Jail Time
Old 10-11-2010, 01:36 PM
LarryV

Best deterrent, let Mr. Smith and Mr. Wesson protect your properly with back up from cousins Colt and Ruger.

Old 10-11-2010, 02:52 PM
vmsguy

"Johson's Livery" Graphic is of a dead cow legs pointed up, little crosses for eyes.

I had to follow a livery truck once.. Oh man.. I started a couple car lengths back... that quickly expanded to a hundred yards, then 1/2 mile. That's one truck that will never have to worry about tail-gaters.
Old 10-11-2010, 02:59 PM
Teachu2
My Feedback: (133)

Sam's Septic Services - with a "Do Not Break Seal Without Proper Hazardous Environment Protection" signs on all the doors....
Old 10-11-2010, 08:01 PM
tailskid
My Feedback: (34)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

LOL!!!!!!