Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

is the t maxx any good?

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2004, 04:53 PM
ziomatrixacs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default is the t maxx any good?

Ok I have a heli record and dont know jack about rc cars but I am getting a t maxx 2.5 (in red!) and I just need to know if its good or a peice of..eh never mind
Old 02-22-2004, 04:57 PM
wakbrdr

Default RE: is the t maxx any good?

yea its good, just look at all the other treads. Just break in the motor correctly and dont touch the low speed needle, that will cause you major frustration. You will probable have to adjust the high speed needle a little, but dont run to lean cause the motor will over heat. If you dont run it into anything, it wont break for the most part.
Old 02-22-2004, 06:38 PM
ziomatrixacs

great because i know this huge parking lot behind a church and a few other spots where i fly my helis at and i think this would make one hell of an addition to my other vehicals! and are there any upgrades i need? and is the top speed really 40 or is it 30? and is there any place where i can buy it very cheap less then $388? i got 200 from a gas scooter i sold and i am trying like hell to raise enough $$ for it -im only 14 with no job (any ideas on how i can raise 188?) oh and what type of gas does it use? For my helis i got 15% nitro with 18% syth. oil would that work? i am switching to 20% if i can use it with it and last question is the radio and servos good ? if they arnt i can put some jr servos in it
Old 02-22-2004, 07:20 PM
homelessduck101
Banned
My Feedback: (-1)

Its a POS thats why there are over 5,000 people in the T-E Maxx Forums,lol
Very good trucks.

-Dallas
Old 02-22-2004, 08:03 PM
t-maxx user

doubt your gonna find it cheaper than that.
yes they are good trucks, little tuning difficulty in the beginning just remember a little rich is better than over heating. servo's ok but steering
servo will be the first to replace. (check other threads for opinions)

p.s. does anyone else in here feel old.
Old 02-22-2004, 09:27 PM
ziomatrixacs

great i got a few duel bb heli type servos laying around
to bad my darn birth day is in july! does it come in american flag colors (july 3rd!) and how do i buy tiers. i dont under stad how you guys know if the axle diameter will fit or not and could i buy tires for on/off road- i dont plan to take it in to mud since i dont got a lot of time for cleaning..as for the radio range , how far is it? if its less the 500ft could i use a heli radio!?
Old 02-22-2004, 10:19 PM
rdmonster

The maxx comes with its own radio and with good batteries the range is supposed to be like a quarter mile. It is a great truck and I agree with wkbrdr that it generally doesnt break unless you run into something.You have to use fuel for r/c cars traxxas says not to use aircraft fuel.Also the speed really is in the 40's. I think alum. front bulkheads are a great investment because if you do run into something they will break for sure.One last thing,break it in in the parking lot and then find some nice off road stuff because thats what those babies are made for.Wrecks on pavement are really hard on trucks esp. if your hauling a**. Have a blast!!!
Old 02-22-2004, 10:38 PM
ziomatrixacs

cool ill get the tmaxx with aluminum bulk heads and since i am not sure of what kinda car gas it would use can you name brands with nitro %?and can you list the pn for the bulk head?
HARDCORE RACING ETMaxx bulkhead set rear, billet aluminum Blue
HCR-03161 is that it? but it says its for the et maxx --whats et? and is the radio a computer or is it just one where its only has reverseing switchs?
Old 02-22-2004, 11:03 PM
jefx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The radio only has reversing switches. You can use many fuels, Traxxas top fuel or Trinity monster horsepower to name a couple, 20% nitro is good although you can use anything from 10-30% nitro.
Alum. bulkheads are a decent idea, but they have their pros and cons. There are hundreds to choose from, as long as it says Tmaxx it'll work.
Another good idea is RPM. RPM makes a-arms, shock towers, body posts, and skid plate covers that are guaranteed for life not to break. They're cheap and light.
But the two most important things to get are a failsafe and a temp guage.

et maxx is Emaxx and Tmaxx. If you get alum. bulks, you only really need them for the front.
Old 02-22-2004, 11:14 PM
ziomatrixacs

where can i get those? are they cheap? i think i can get a 50$ (i think)one from heliproz.com called the venom temp gauge...is there a certain oil mix i have to use like 18%? and how high can i drop it from? sorry for all of the questions and bad grammer!
Old 02-22-2004, 11:22 PM
jefx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can get a failsafe just about anywhere, same with a temp guage. Failsafe is about $30.
Oil percentage varies with oil quality. It's a matter of preference. Pretty much any R/C car fuel will work, just get what your LHS carries. Just make sure it doesn't say "race blend" or "break-in fuel".
Old 02-23-2004, 06:56 PM
ziomatrixacs

ok good because ill just ask to get a venom heli temp and a fuel filter and a fail safe thing from heliproz.com Odd I flown choppers with out a faisafe or temp gauge and worked good. Well until a 5 cent part fell off and made be do a special landing that kinda sounded like a baseball player hitting a home run.
Old 02-23-2004, 07:12 PM
nitro 4-tec

i have a t-maxx and a nitro 4-tec both traxxas. i run both my car and truck on traxxas top fuel 20 % nitro and i have had nothing but good things to say about their fuel and the nitro powered cars and trucks. as long as u break it in youll have nothing but good luck
Old 02-24-2004, 03:02 AM
Treyray

The T-MAXX is my first truck and I am definitely happy with it.
I went and bought 5 extra Escalade bodies for only 60 bucks!
Old 02-24-2004, 02:11 PM
Weirdboy

i have had a t-maxx for about a year now, and i have no regrets buying it. it runs perfectly
Old 02-25-2004, 11:11 PM
ziomatrixacs

I cant wait! do they make caron fiber parts for it?
Old 02-26-2004, 10:26 AM
Weirdboy

they might, but aluminum or titanium is better
Old 02-26-2004, 01:31 PM
ziomatrixacs

i coul see titanium being good but in helis most aluminum parts are rivaled by carbon parts oh well
Old 02-26-2004, 11:11 PM
ziomatrixacs

hey wait what if i run into a curve about 6 inches high? will it bounce off or go over it ? im talking about low mid and high throttle ranges to in other words if i go in the low throttle area and go to a 6 in curve will it bouce or break and same question with mid and high and no i am not thinking of going over a 6inch concret curve at 50 mph straight on i not that dumb! and all those questons are going at and angle so im not hitting it head on

also where can i find the 7.4 v battery for the starter other then the internet since i plan on useing the hobby shop for cheap parts(shipiing cost me 20 bucks to ship a $10 part)[]

and what type of glow plug do i need? any particular brand? i got o.s. #8 plugs that work great on heli engines but im not sure if theyd like the trucks engine
good thing i dont got to spend$40 on this starting kit that got 1q gas cleaner glow starter and fuel bottle since i can always use my heli fuel pump and glow starter and why do i need cleaner? is that for off road dirt n mud stuff? and what would happen if mud gets on the air filter? i saw the manual and it says no mud snow or water-whats the fun in that!? id rather have fun in the mud n snow then being stuck to dirt only oh well..
thanks guys!