Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

T-Maxx immitate?

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2004, 07:18 PM
Kemo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T-Maxx immitate?

This seems to be pretty T-MAXXish to me. http://www.exportpro.biz/product_car/car_0001.htm#04

Anyone ever hear of Smartech? They seem to be selling pretty well on Ebay, but you never see this truck on it. Think this truck would be stellar with a upgraded engine?
Old 06-01-2004, 07:24 PM
sirio_smaxx
Banned

Default RE: T-Maxx immitate?

the people that buy them are noobies who think their getting a good deal but i bought one of their buggies and it was a peice of crap. Right out of the box the engine was already broken, the carb needles were broke. I took the engine out and put in a K&b .18, the stock clutch bell and clutch couldnt handle it and burned up so i had to buy a whole hpi clutch setup with flywheel. Next the dogbones went out. It was pretty quick with acceleration with the .18 but that was all. I put my old nitro rustler wheel on it called it a truggy threw in an engine or 2 and sold it on ebay
Old 06-01-2004, 07:27 PM
Kemo

Traxxas sold them the design, and that buggy design is all 100% theirs, lol. This truck is ACTUALLY getting rave reviews.
Old 06-02-2004, 02:52 PM
Dale Gribble
My Feedback: (4)

Rave reviews????

Where I ask? I haven't heard one good thing about them, and I did see one in person. The plastics were all very soft, and in order to turn a profit at $250, you know they are using cheaper materials and processes.

The old saying still applies... In the end, you get what you pay for.
Old 06-02-2004, 05:03 PM
schmism

or in the end Traxas just has THAT much markup on there trucks....

Never underestimate the amount a company will mark up there product just because they know people will still spend the money for it.
Old 06-02-2004, 05:11 PM
Kemo

Exactly, and I would never run Traxxas stock parts anyways, never have and never will. The plastics are the same compound as Traxxas, just a different texture to it.

And if you were a newer company, wouldn't you too, sell at a lower price to "turn heads"?
Old 06-02-2004, 05:13 PM
tegwin

That MT uses the same parts as the maxx i think.
Old 06-02-2004, 05:25 PM
Kemo

Exactly, 100% the same... and that means you can use EVERY tmaxx upgrade for that truck. I have 3 letters that would make that truck stellar, RPM. Its just a TMAXX, but it will be something else with RPM Not to mention throwing a 3.0 sirio on it? oooooh doggie!
Old 06-02-2004, 06:42 PM
R/C Madman
My Feedback: (1)

There junk! It has a sub par engine and parts. It's not 100% compatible with Traxxas parts. Do a search there is a forum member that bought one about a year ago that gave a list of the parts that fit and the ones that did not.
Old 06-02-2004, 07:15 PM
Kemo

quadzilla99 quoted "RE: smartech anyone??
I won a smartech 4wd truck from a Snap-on tool vender. Its my first rc so I have nothing to compare it to. After quite a bit of research(not much info on Smartech) its the Magic Wheel 08341 with 15CXP engine. So far so good. I have read nothing but negative things about it. I ve only had 4 tanks of fuel ran through it. Still in break-in period. But have had no problems(knock on wood) The factory settings were off by several turns. I havent quite figured out the mixture yet. But getting closer. There is a small screw at the top of the carb just under the air filter. I dont know what that does yet. Its my understanding there is only one main jetting adjustable for all ranges. If I m wrong please feel free to correct me. I can use all the info I can get. Thanks for listening.
Kurt
"

other posts in that area said that all tmaxx parts fit
Old 06-02-2004, 07:51 PM
jefx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've read several posts of people who won them from Snap-On. They are the only people I've seen who own them because they get them for free (almost). I've read that most of the parts are interchangable with the Tmaxx but not all. Although it is a Tmaxx clone, there are subtle differences between the two, the Magic Wheel is NOT an exact duplicate of the Tmaxx. It is an inferior Tmaxx style truck. It may be fun to drive around, but I wouldn't buy one.
I've also heard that the parts that aren't interchangeable with the Tmaxx (there are some) are really expensive, and you can only get them direct through Smart Tech.
I've also seen people selling them on ebay, and calling them Tmaxxes. BUYER BEWARE!
Old 06-02-2004, 08:46 PM
Kemo

Well okaly dokaly. I have bought Traxxas before, and needless to say, I won't do it again. What have I had? Emaxx, Tmaxx, Stampede and thats where the list stops.The emaxx just plain blows, I hate that 14.4 Novak ESC, have gone thru several. And for the T-Maxx, You have to mod it way too much to get it where you like. My ultima? Nothing modded I am searching for a Mad Force though, something where I have found almost all users happy with!
Old 06-02-2004, 09:01 PM
sirio_smaxx
Banned

ORIGINAL: rccars411

Well okaly dokaly. I have bought Traxxas before, and needless to say, I won't do it again. What have I had? Emaxx, Tmaxx, Stampede and thats where the list stops.The emaxx just plain blows, I hate that 14.4 Novak ESC, have gone thru several. And for the T-Maxx, You have to mod it way too much to get it where you like. My ultima? Nothing modded I am searching for a Mad Force though, something where I have found almost all users happy with!
ok heres what you do...you get in your car goto your local walmart or toys r us and pick yourself up one of them nikko r/c or tyco r.c monster trucks
Old 06-02-2004, 09:14 PM
Kemo

come on buddy, I am way ahead of you. I bought the one you walk behind, smokes anything else on the track Nuts to your oil shocks, my plastic springs are doing just stellar. But anywho... I had one of those radio shack cars and completely modded it out, upgraded it to a status where it was faster than a Tamiya Mad Bull

But to say about my T-Maxx... about $1325 later, I think I might have it dialed in.
Old 06-02-2004, 09:49 PM
SamP-51flyer
My Feedback: (2)

am I mistaken or does that say 50 MPH hahahahaha falls down laughing[sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif]
Old 06-02-2004, 10:00 PM
Kemo

LOLZ, they say that for every model. Maybe 50 km/h but no way in hell will it touch 50 mph. hehe
Old 10-04-2004, 05:07 PM
rcxm

i got smart tech 08341 series parts from ebay, that is good, they ship out from los angeles.

search ebay keyword: 08341

you will find smartech parts for all 08341 series
Old 10-08-2004, 11:58 AM
dr_killer_uk

They make them cheaper so they break easiyer, i had one of their buggies and i went over some bumpy grass, and it broke the difs again and again., they are just made from cheaply made parts, and i can't speak for the truck but i'm going to guess its the same specialy been so cheap, its not cheap cause they are losing money its cause they use cheap parts. If you want to bash get a truck thats going to take it its worth spending another 100 for in the end, + the engine in that MT just hasn't got the power for a MT.
Old 10-10-2004, 01:29 PM
rc_freak
My Feedback: (1)

i know man, those cars are piecies of CRAP! i wased my money on that CRAP![:@]