Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Savage or Tmaxx??

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2004, 09:10 PM
FATA
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Savage or Tmaxx??

It might be stupid to do this in this forum but i just wanted to ask yall who have tmaxxes if its worth it compared to the savage which i heard as a better record of not breaking stock compared to the tmaxx
appreciate yur input
Old 06-29-2004, 09:26 PM
jmangone23 tzs

Default RE: Savage or Tmaxx??

try the search thing at the bottom kk.

ps t-maxx with rpm is way better
Old 06-29-2004, 11:55 PM
speed lives

Buy a T-maxx if you like to break your truck, and wait for parts to come in, and spend lots of money on it.. Buy a savage if you wanna bash and not worry about breaking parts. Don't get me wrong t-maxx is an exelent choice if your rich, if i was rich id probly take a t-maxx over a savage, but sense im not rich i took the savage. Only reason id take the t-maxx over the savage if i was rich is because t-maxxes look bling in aluminum.
Old 06-30-2004, 01:44 AM
sirio_smaxx
Banned

threads on here lately have been...how would you say....stupid..i think the amount of kids on here has grown showing everyone how important and useful the search button would be if they actually used it
Old 06-30-2004, 03:35 AM
monst@r

Savage. Beefy. 'Nuff said.
Old 07-01-2004, 09:12 AM
proprobe

the savage is heavier i was told . it has a bigger engine than the maxx but with all the extra weight you need more engine. both are fun i have 2 maxxes and neither has given me a problem .
Old 07-01-2004, 10:32 AM
FlyingMist

I dont think that the Maxx is all that fragile, with 3 of us we've managed to bust a few things on them, but for me the worst was my own driver error when hitting a tree at WOT, this did a fair bit of damage, about 45.00 worth. But if I drove my real car into a tree at 30+mph I would expect the damage to be just as extensive if not worse. Other than that, we usually break skidplates and body shells. But as they get older (as is the case with one of my friends Maxx), the plastic gets more brittle, he managed to snap the axle joint at the front diff, but he wasnt even jumping it at the time, he just got it running and put it on the ground and one wheel wouldnt spin so we found that the axle attachment at the diff had snapped.

All in all, we do some heavy bashing (at least what I would consider heavy, like jumping them up into the air of say 7 to 10 feet and landing hard), and they are holding up really really well. So I really dont think the T-Maxx is all that fragile, but you can't expect to launch it 20' into the air and not do any damage to it.
Old 07-01-2004, 10:53 AM
creyc

The savage is a beefy truck, yes but if parts break on it you'll kick yourself for having to work on it. It's twin-vertical plate design makes working on it a chore however, and you find quickly you could really use some tiny fingers or a little magnet to pick up the screws that nee to fit into a hole you can't quite reach.

Both are tough trucks but because the Savage is a 1/8th scale truck naturally makes it much heavier and a bit beefier too. It'll take a 6 foot drop without *****g suspension out, STOCK. Because it's extra weight it needs a larger engine to get it to keep up. The savage is a bit slower than the maxx but it can tow the T-Maxx around all day in a tug-of-war. One other thing you may want to consider, the loudness of the trucks.

The T-Maxx is a quiet truck, by comparison with the Savage. When the savage is running you can't hear the T-Maxx. The difference is earsplitting. The Savage is a high pitched whine, extremely loud compared with any other truck I've driven. This may be a problem for you if you live in a suburban neighborhood and don't want to disturb anyone. By comparison alone, the T-Maxx would be silent. This may not mean anything to you but it is one of the other differences between the trucks not normally looked at.
Old 07-01-2004, 10:57 AM
biker dude 666

i would have s\to say e-maxx.LOL
Old 07-01-2004, 11:54 AM
fhm101

I only race my t maxx trucks, but I can't remember the last time I broke something while doing so. I bend the occasional hinge pin or shock shaft, but it's always on me, not the truck. I have broken parts out assing around, but if you push anything hard enough it will let go.
I work on cars for several local shops and i see more broken savages than maxxs'. It could be there are more savages out there, but I don't think so. Of course if someone comes in the shop and tells me they want a basher I send them to the savage. If they are thinking they might want to race down the road then it's the T Maxx all the way. While the savage was designed from the top down as a bashmobile, I've always thought of the T Maxx as a great race car topped by bubba's fishing truck.
Old 07-01-2004, 04:19 PM
jmangone23 tzs

get rpm shock towers and a-arms(about 60-70$) t-maxx is better.

i have them so believe me
Old 07-01-2004, 08:05 PM
ratfog2005

[ul][*] [*] [*]
[/ul][img][/img][hr]
Old 07-02-2004, 12:12 PM
slodsm

FHM is dead on. The maxx will own a racetrac when you set it up nice, but is more fragile in less experienced hands who are prone to hit things and botch landings. The Savage however is a very tough truck and I would reccomend it to anyone who wanted to buy one just to beat the crap out of.
Old 07-03-2004, 02:07 PM
kimberklr

i agree with that.

having been around both for awhile heres my take.

buy a maxx if you want something light and agile and a savage if your looking for a tuff all out basher.my friends savages are tuff as nails but what good is that if they cant catch me.hahaha
Old 07-04-2004, 10:59 PM
badboy2
My Feedback: (13)

savage u wont regret it
Old 07-06-2004, 09:11 PM
supa_sav

the maxx is an absolutley wicked truck!!!!!

but the savage is better.
Old 07-06-2004, 09:20 PM
slodsm

Just to add to it, I myself own a UE maxx which is as tough as you can get. Today I spent a few hours beating the bloddy crap out of my neighbors Savage beause he just wanted to video and take pictues of it doing wicked air. His truck is 100% stock aside from wheels and tires. When I was learning how to control it in the air, I was blasting the crap out of landings, and I mean BAD!!!! I put that thing on its lid hard more times than I care to count from a ramp that looks like a skateboard half pipe. What broke? A Spur gear. It finnaly jarred the engine loose and I trashed a spur gear. Had it been a stock maxx, I would have killed it by landing #3 at best. My truck will eat it alive but guess what, my truck has over 2000 bucks worth of the best parts you can buy, his is stock. If you want big air and no worries, just buy the savage. If you want bling or have the experience to drive, race, jump, and land without putting it on its lid every 3rd time, buy a maxx because it is faster, regardless of what the HPI guys say. My truck has a stock 2.5 until I drop the RB concepts motor in it tommorow and I was destroying the savage on the take off and the top end but god was the savage wicked to drive. You just let it rip and didn't worry about it. It won't break.
Old 07-06-2004, 10:15 PM
dr_killer_uk

I dont' think its fare to compare a 1:10 to a 1:8 truck 1:8 will always be bigger thus stronger. So why don't we start another thred saying what is the best 1:10 monster truck . One good thing about t-maxx is the hopups they might cost a bomb at the end of the day but you end up with a one off truck thats made to take what your wanting to throw at it. I may get a Savage i'm sure its a very good truck as well, or should i get a genesis .46 the price is about the same and the genesis is even bigger than a Savage. lol Genesis it is
Old 07-07-2004, 01:02 AM
badboy2
My Feedback: (13)

u will need to spend hundreds before u can make ur tmaxx durable especially those arms and chassis brace...in the track it depends on the driver if ur a good driver then even with a 15engine u can smoke a 26engine running in the track if its driven by unexperienced driver