Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

OS 18 into Old SKOOL maxx problem

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2004, 04:57 AM
jakhammer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OS 18 into Old SKOOL maxx problem

Ok, SO I had my maxx all tore down again to install a bunch or new goodies and to replace some broken stuff. Tonight I was going to install the new OS 18 CV-R.

Here is the problem, in my old skool maxx, the pull start hits the shock and also the fuel tank. Has anyone else had this problem? Will a new shock tower ala 2.5maxx help me out by moving the shock out? I had to massage the old OS 15 CV-X with the dremel to get it to clear, but it looks like I would have to more than massage the .18 to get it to work.

Opinions please.

Chris
Old 09-20-2004, 09:09 AM
R/C Madman
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: OS 18 into Old SKOOL maxx problem

Shock towers may do the trick but, your problemis a common one. I run a 4 shock setup and have a ton of space now.
Old 09-21-2004, 01:26 AM
ils

I have the old maxx (bought 4 years ago) and the os 18cvr and this engine fit in perfectly as is without any problem.
I have the shock insert (at the top) mounted on the outside (the flange is outside). Try wiggle the engine a little so that you can still have a good contact and mesh between the cb and spur gear and the pull start still clear the fuel tank. I have a gap of about 0.5 mil gap between the fuel tank and the pull start and about 1.5 mil between the shock.
Old 09-21-2004, 07:16 AM
kimberklr

something doesn't sound right.although the os does appear to be alittle longer we didn't have any problems fitting it in eithere.
Old 09-21-2004, 06:42 PM
jakhammer

I should also say that I am using a RC Raven chassis. This might account for the tight fit. However, I had the same problem with my OS 15 CV-X going into the stock chassis.

Update: I moved the insert and notched the stock shock tower to clear the shock cap (AE shocks). It still didnt fit. I swapped the pull start from the Os 15 CV-X that I had dremel'd to fit and its in, but I am going to have to take a small amount of material off the tank side of the pull start where it comes to a point. Other than that, it wont fit right. Maybe I should notch my tank holes so the tank can move out some.

Chris
Old 09-23-2004, 10:43 AM
52zmaster2001
My Feedback: (3)

i have done the same put a Duratrax.18 made by OS in my old tmaxx that came with the pro.15 fit perfect pull start is very close to tank 1mm but i found you can not use anything less than 20 tooth clutchbell or you will hit the tank shocks have plenty of clearance must be that chassis your using