Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

T-maxx Carb Problem

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2004, 12:45 PM
beanburrito182

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T-maxx Carb Problem

The slide on my carb is sticking at half throttle and while bashing i have to hit the brake so the servo will push the carb back to the closed position. I have taken apart the pivot point between the servo and the carb and douced it with wd-40 and still sticky. What could be the problem. Would it be on the inside of the carb?? If it is how do you go about taking the carb off to fix it??
Old 09-22-2004, 02:16 PM
Dale Gribble
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: T-maxx Carb Problem

The 2.5 carb is SUPER SUPER sensitive to the alignment of the slide carb ball to the linkage- If the linkage is not moving the slide arm exactly parallel to the slide arm port, it will bind. I have had this problem before.

a- make sure the throttle return spring on the carb is still there and connected properly (under the blue rubber cover)

b- remove the throttle arm from the servo

c- loosen the collar nut holding the carb down

d- start by SLOWLY moving the carb clockwise and counterclockwise while moving the slide arm in and out. What you will find is that when the linkage is moving the arm perfectly parallel to the port in the carb, it will move very smooth. If the angle is even off slightly, it will 'stick' when opening and closing.

e- If it doesn't get better, get it as close as possible, and retighten the collar.

f- using a LOT of caution, barely loosen the slide arm ball end that attaches to the carburator (small allen wrench). Now move the ball end up and down while moving the slide arm in and out. At this point, you should be able to get a very smooth slide carb shaft movement when you get the angle right.

D and F have allowed me to fix the problem you are talking about. Basically, as soon as the servo starts working against the slide carb, you will get binding. As soon as the adjustments are made, you will probably be fine.

Good luck.
Old 09-22-2004, 06:56 PM
psycooclimber

when i had this problem i put lithium greace in the 90o pivit point and bairly tightened the screw. it was fixted after that.
Old 09-23-2004, 11:50 AM
beanburrito182

Thanks for the advice guys. The soulution that Dale suggested was the answer. A little twist counterclockwise was the adjustmen it need. Time to have fun now. Thanks again, The Beaner